Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting call but not text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive call notifications but I don’t receive txt notifications on my Fitbit charge 2. I’ve unpaired and paired my phone, turned in and off the Bluetooth. Uninstall and install the Fitbit app. What do I do now?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Any news ? I’ve tried all their steps, I’ve restarted it a dozen times and “show in history “ is on. Still just getting calls but no texts

Best Answer

I am dealing with same issue. I found out that SMS notifications works well when iPhone is unlocked. So I think problem is at iOS notification setting. It had to be enabled even on locked screen to push it to Fitbit. For clarify i tested it on iPhone X - iOS 11.3 and Fitbit Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following...I'm in the same situation.

Best Answer

it almost been a year... did you guys fixed it, or plan to do it?
I got a new charge 2 and now i miss my old fitbit.
thanks

Best Answer

Nope, not fixed yet. Fitbit hasn’t responded to any emails. I’m considering a Samsung now

Best Answer

If it's not working, logout the app, close the bluetooth, quick the app.
then open blue tooth, open the app, log back to the fitbit account then test again.
Sometimes it works, something I have to also restart the band.

It's painful, but works, in a ugly way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the "show history" toggle? I looked under notifications on fit bit app and on my phone, I cannot find it. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I’ve tried all of those steps at least half a dozen times and it still doesn’t work. I’m have other issues as well. It counts steps while I’m driving and my job takes me into the mountains everyday so it counts that as floors climbed. One day it said I climbed over 2000 floors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rbags68: To your secod car issue. Watches counts steps by shaking (accelerometer). So maybe you just drive slowly over the bumpy road or your steering wheel is maybee shaking because of wheel missbalancing. Try to take hand off the steering wheel to test it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in a tractor trailer all day, up and down mountain roads. It thinks I’m a mountain climber... lol

Best Answer

where is show history? on phone, on app? on fitbit where is it

@nrthrngurl wrote:

Did you try “show history” in notifications for messages?   That’s what was wrong with mine.  I get calls and texts now.  

Good luck!   I know it’s soooo frustrating! 

Best Answer

Did you ever get itfigit fi out l still

Don't get Tex

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it figured out l still

Don't get Tex

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same. Did you ever get it figured out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find out where the "Show History" is, I can't find it either!!!  Totally aggravated here.

Best Answer

No I never found it and Fitbit has been no help, I gave up. I think because my is older now they want me to buy a new one. I’d rather go with the Samsung 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have a shown in history button. Any other ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into your Fitbit app touch the Fitbit icon and go into notifications.  Turn them all off.  Force quit Fitbit app (swipe it up). Open it and turn them all back on. This worked for my 6s

Best Answer

I tried this one three times, still no text just calls

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh sorry, Are you up to date on iOS and apps?  I did a chat with Fitbit in the help section and they helped me get mine working.  Give it a try. 

Best Answer