Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting call but not text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive call notifications but I don’t receive txt notifications on my Fitbit charge 2. I’ve unpaired and paired my phone, turned in and off the Bluetooth. Uninstall and install the Fitbit app. What do I do now?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Yep, new  iPhone X, apps up to date , still cannot get texts

Best Answer

Most of us don’t have the show history toggle.  I’m not sure why some do and some don’t. This was to an earlier post

Best Answer

I’d talk to Fitbit directly. They were able to help me. I’m at a loss on why things work for some and not others.  

Best Answer

I can’t find the show history either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no show history. I’m not sure if it’s only on some phones or if it disappeared with an update, but it isn’t there for many of us 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems to be working now.  Don't know what I did other than quit and reconnect to the Bluetooth.  I did find out that once you view the text message on the phone, or if your text reader is open, the notification does NOT appear on the Fitbit.  I think my problem may have been more the way I was testing to see if it worked, because now it's fine.  Hope everyone else can figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to get any calls or texts since I got my Fitbit Saturday.  I have tried everything too, but then today I got a phone call alert.  I received another call 5 minutes later and NO ALERT.

NO TEXT ALERTS EITHER......grrrrr!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's open on your phone at all, it doesn't show, and disappears from your tracker.  Leave the phone down, screen off, and have someone text you & see if it works!  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE......... I am getting texts and calls, perhaps I was a little hasty?!?!  I also downloaded the newest iPhone update.  My bad for not being more patient.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I upgraded from a 5s to an 8, I stopped receiving text notifications.  I tried everything I found on the internet to make it work, but I still only received call notifications.  As a last resort, I compared my Phone notification settings to my Text notification settings to see what might different. 

I found that on Text notifications, the Banner option was listed as Temporary.  I changed the Banner option to Persistent to match the Phone settings.  Doing this automatically turned off the History option. Once I turned the History option back on the texts started coming through. Finally!! This was extremely frustrating.  I hope this helps others. 

Best Answer
Where is the history?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications>messages>alerts

If you have a 7 you might not have the option, I can see it on my 8 but not in the 7.

Hopefully just turning banners to Persistent will help you in this case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

these steps did not work. Please advise if this will be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just fixed this issue on my new Flex2 with my iphone8. In settings-notifications-make sure all 3 alerts are checked. 

Best Answer

This has been fixed for me. My issue specifically was that my Fitbit was vibrating for calls, but not for text messages. I was receiving other vibration alerts, such as move reminders, silent wakup, etc. It was only the text messages not vibrating.

After going through numerous similar forum topics, trying all the Bluetooth unpairing, removing/unlinking devices from from the Fitbit app, magic wizardry of restarting my phone in between all that, this is what finally worked.

Fitbit: Flex 2

Phone Specs: iPhone 7, latest iOS 12.1

Steps to Fix:

In the Fitbit App:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Select the Fitbit icon in the upper-left of the screen.
  3. Select Notifications.
  4. Turn OFF both the Calls and Text Messages notifications.
  5. Force quit the Fitbit app. On my phone it was double-clicking the phone Home button, then swiping up to shut the app.
  6. Open the Fitbit app again.
  7. Select the Fitbit icon in the upper-left of the screen.
  8. Select Notifications.
  9. Turn ON both the Calls and Text Messages notifications.

On Your Phone:

1. Go into Settings>Notifications.
  2. In the Fitbit notifications, make sure Allow Notifications is turned on and that all three Alerts are checked.
  3. In the Messages notifications, make sure that Allow Notifications is turned on and all three Alerts are checked (this is where mine was missing a check on the Notification Center alert).

That last Step #3 was what did it for me. It is possible that I did not have to do the first part and force quit the Fitbit app, but at this point it is working and I'm not willing to test that theory. 🙂 I was ready to return this new Flex 2 which I had just purchased yesterday. Thank you to the various folks in the community whose messages contributed to what worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t even have ‘show in history’ as an option!  I’m at a loss!

Best Answer

I can’t find “show in history “ either. No idea where to find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey!  I couldn't find it either, but i suggest going into your messages notifications settings and making sure that the allow notifications in notification centre is selected, alongside lock screen and banners.  Thats what fixed it for me!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get the show in history toggle because I used to receive texts on my watch but I don’t anymore 

Best Answer

Where is the show in history 

Best Answer
0 Votes