Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restart my Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I can't restart my Charge 3 with none of your methods on the page. How can I do it? I need yo update it.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Thats really good and worked a treat.

Frequently when a computer has an issue you are told to reboot it 

seems to work in this case too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the clock face change and it restart the syncing process but the clock won’t reset (the reason I needed help).  It’s stuck on Pacific time since I just returned from a trip there.  Anyone got a clue on getting my clock sync with the proper time zone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SO so much!  I just did what you suggested with changing the clock face and it worked!  Thank you so much for suggesting it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The restart Charge 3 link is to an access-controlled page - not helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, that worked.

Best Answer

On Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit Charge 4, you can restart your tracker from your wrist. Open the Settings app 

and tap About 

Reboot Device.

If your Charge series tracker is unresponsive: .

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    1. Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    2. Charge 3 & Charge 4—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Moderator edit: removed personal information/format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LeVuong  you shouldn't be telling people to contact you if they are still having issues - you are not a Fitbit employee and this is not how Fitbit conducts things.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @LeVuong Nice to see you around. @Odyssey13 It's great to see you around and thanks for the input. 

@LeVuong I also appreciate your support and thanks for sharing the tips to restart a Charge 3 and a Charge 4 device. At this time, I'd like to let you know that if the suggested tips shared in a thread don't work, the best recommendation is to contact our Support Team for assistance. The only way to get in touch with our Support Team is by clicking in this link

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

My charge 3 just keeps vibrating as it goes through several windows.  Restarted it without any change in behavior.  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I connected my fitbit and pressed the button for 8 seconds. I only get the fitbit logo (dots) and then the screen turns off. I press the button and goes back to the logo. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes