Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Fitbit Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to turn off fitbit charge 2?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
166 REPLIES 166

There is an option in the app to turn the HR monitor OFF.  If you do that, the green light won't come on until the person you send it to sets the option back to Auto or Always On.

@MeekZeke wrote:

I want to ship Charge 2 cross country to a friend. I don't want the battery to be totally dead when it arrives. The motion of the trucks and planes will keep the green light wrist detectors popping on thus draining the battery. There ought to be a way to shut it down.

Best Answer

Hi, @MeekZeke, you cannot turn off the Charge 2, as you know.  However, if you charge it fully and set it up on your account, you will be able to turn off the HR sensor which means that the green lights will not turn on while it is in transit.  When the recipient receives it, they can simply set it up on their own account -- it will not be affected by having previously been set up on yours.

To set it up go to Fitbit.com/setup .

Once it is set up, to turn off the HR sensor, select the Charge 2 icon and on the next screen scroll down to heartrate, and change it from "auto" or "on" to "off".  Make sure you sync it when you have made the change, and check that the HR is off.

It should then arrive with some battery power still available,  I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Really disappointing you can't switch off the watch it would be a good temporary solution for stopping false steps while driving 

Best Answer

I received my charge 2 a few days ago as a gift.  I want to use a screen protector (IQ Shield) but the instructions state that the unit must be turned off and if possible, remove the battery before installing the  screen protector.  So far I have found that the unit cannot be turned off. Has anyone used IQ shield screen protector without turning off their unit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use IQ screen protector and I managed to apply it just fine without having turned off my Charge 2.

Nyx
Best Answer

thank you.  Did you use IQ shield screen protector?  Water is used to apply the shield. I just don't want to ruin my new gift.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go for it, you don't use enough water to bother the tracker. 

Actially you turn off a touch screen device, because the water makes the screen go crazy during the application of the protection. 

Your Charge 2 doesnt hav s touch screen. Even if it did, you wiuld not cause an accidental outgoing call.

Best Answer
Yep! I use the one where you spritz the stuff on the screen then press on the protector. Just don't overdo it with the spray thingie and you should be fine.

Nyx
Best Answer

thank you all for your answers.  I appreciate you taking time to help me. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually it is very stupid, for example when you want to return it because it's faulty and tells you that you're in light and R.E.M. Sleep when you've actually been at the airport. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Except that it is specifically banned in every US Federal Government building and all Embassies and Missions abroad because of this and the inability to turn off bluetooth.

Best Answer

Interesting comment, but I wonder how they handle this with cell phones and the like?

I bet a full 75% or better (except in REALLY secure locations) of cell phones in this same environment have Bluetooth enabled.  I would even go so far as to be willing to bet that there's a good many of the people working in such places, that don't even know how to disable Bluetooth, except perhaps by enabling Airplane mode.

I've designed some secure protocols before, and for things of a certain security level and above, yep, ABSOLUTELY NO unauthorized devices that could communicate wirelessly.  In these cases, a proof is generally required for each device, regarding how those functions are disabled, and guaranteed to persist that way.

However, many people work on mid-level secure material, and have full access to very un-secure devices, by default.  This is where the majority of them *should* have Bluetooth disabled (really ALL radios on the device), but they don't, because it would render their "lifeline" useless, for the majority of the day.

Would I like to be able to turn off my Fitbit for storage, yep, 100%, I'm on the same page.

I'm not sure I'd leverage secure locations though, it's an easy way to end up in a more "thorough" security audit.  I also designed the technical audit side on a couple of locations, and believe me, those are far more intensive, no device with an "enable-able" radio would likely be allowed, moving forward, if a risk were identified...

All that said, my Suunto ski watch added an "off" mode a couple of years ago, and it's 110% better than having a flat battery at the start of the season now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A fitbit charge 2 is supposed to last 5 days on a full charge for your information y’all.

Thomas (Atomic77) West Bend, Wisconsin: Fitbit Versa 2 and Aria Air Scale
Best Answer
0 Votes

blaze, surge and ionic can turn off

Best Answer

So how do you reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can restart it @Scottyice by connecting it to its powered up charger and holding in the button. 

This is explained in the user manual found in the help, link to help below. Or you can read it on the. help site 

What is it that you want to reset, or what is not happening? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I want to shut it off, but I guess you can't, and someone said all you can
do is reset it, that daggon going book it's too small for me to read, but
thanks, I guess I'll jus reset it. I'm selling it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually it says to give your list of break from every once in awhile not to wear it 24/7 so it is kind of stupid

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not very happy with Fitbit engineers right now.  First off, firmware updates don't work via Windows 10 laptops (confirmed with 2 support folks at Fitbit and the chat transcript for proof).  They require you use a mobile device to update the firmware first, then you can sync with Windows 10.  Seriously?  The whole point was to give this as a gift for family members and I wanted to update them first.  Now I finally got them updated and either I have to wait until closer to xmas or give them dead devices. You can't turn the Charge 2 off at all?  That is the dumbest thing on Fitbit's side for many reasons listed here.  Technically they violate aircraft rules (or used to - they are more lenient now).  They violate all kinds of government and secure area rules.  Can't turn them off when on vacation on a houseboat and in the water all week (who wants watch tan lines?!).  Lastly, it's pretty much illegal to ship these things once they are on because of the lithium batteries - they are required to be turned off!!  Come on Fitbit, do you have customer service?  Fix these issues.  We moved from Garman because of the horrible inaccurate tracking and lack of customer service on their end.  I was hoping Fitbit was better.

Best Answer

It has a physical button, all it would require is to hold it for an extended period to turn on and off like most products, including theirs, not a really hard feature to incorporate....

as mentioned, when in an airplane, during take off and landing you are required to turn off electrical devices, although how many people do can be debated

Best Answer