Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533

Just been offered a replacement charge 2. My faith in them has been restored, I hope everyone else gets the same result.

Best Answer

After complaining about the 25% off not being a good enough answer, I was offered a replacement, as well.  They said they would send me an e-mail with instructions on options/form to fill out, but it mysteriously never arrived.  Wondering if the company is trustworthy.

Best Answer

My email to order came through immediately, I believe they are reputable and they have always responded to my questions that I have asked promptly ,although you have to follow there requests for information to the letter otherwise I think you put a spanner in their process and you go round in circles. 

Best Answer

Still getting the run around.  Lesson learned.  Time to find an alternative.

Best Answer

My screen developed a crack after just 3 weeks. A replacement has been sent. They obviously have an issue with the screen.

Best Answer

Mine and three of my friend all have the Charge 2 and all of our screens have cracked in exactly the ame place so I guess there is an issue and you don’t have to look hard on this forum to see loads of other people have the same fault.

Best Answer
Not impressed with the customer service.For the amount of incidence, you would thinkthey would find a better solution than offeringa 25% discount.  A product recall is in order.
Best Answer
I never even got that option. I sure hope that you get yours. I agree with another who said that there should be a product recall.

Carol
Best Answer
I agree 25% is not enough
Best Answer

Same happened to mine - two long cracks top to bottom down the screen. Happily EU warranties are 2 years long (and FitBit service is excellent) so they sent a replacement.

Just had to arrange a second replacement band as well. Product build quality in general seems awful. Don't think I'd buy a FitBit product again based on that. Service is great, but product build is terrible.

Best Answer

I agree there must be a flaw in the product as so many people have the same issue.

i know a recall would be expensive but I believe a lot of customers may look to another manufacturer if this is not resolved for everyone 

Best Answer
I also was very disappointed in the product and how support addressed the situation. Not sure if we can address the root problem. At this now we can either purchase a new product or buy an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contacted customer service & was offered a 25% discount. Was not happy but was calm & reasonable. Asked to speak to a supervisor. Was told they wold not do anything more, but I said go ahead anyway. 

Supervisor was very courteous & helpful. Sent him a pic & he immediately offered either a replacement or 50% off a new fitbit. The 50% did not apply to a versa which was what I was considering next because of the waterproof feature.

I opted for the replacement as buying the same watch with possibly the same issue did not seem to make sense.

Hopefully by the time the free replacement has issues, I will find a better option.

Best Answer

I think you did the right thing by being calm  and reasonable, they obviouslyhave an issue which must be esculating daily as more people will become aware of the problem through social media and communitys like this.Glad they offered you a solution and resolved the problem for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please post and let us know if you actually receive a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maria R in Chat forum for Help finally straightened the issue out.  I appreciate her help to finally figure out the issue. I am once again happy with Fitbit.  It’s a good thing, because we each have one in my family.  😀

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Still getting the run around.  Lesson learned.  Time to find an alternative.

Best Answer

Same issue here this morning. 2 hairline cracks the length of my charge 2 right down the middle after 18 months. Was offered 25% but I dont really think thats going to be reasonable for me since it does still work. Disappointed that I'm seeing so many others with the same issue and wont spend $150 again for something that has to be replaced so often.

Best Answer
Did you try requesting to speak with someone in management? It sounds like that has worked for people in the past to get a better deal or at least a replacement.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replacement turned up today so pleased about that. Will have to see how long this one will last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same issue with multiple cracks on the screen of my charge 2. All I ever do is walk so I know I didn’t bang it! Since it is over 1 yr they only offered the 25% discount off a new one, good for 30 days. Mine still works so I’ll continue to use it and probably look at other products when it does die. It’s obviously a design flaw and too bad they won’t admit it and stand by their product. It’s too bad because I do love my tracker!!  

Best Answer