Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533

Got my replacement.

And my second replacement band.

Fingers crossed that these last.

Customer support (via Chat) is great. And worth remembering that if you're in the EU you've got a two year warranty on both. But overall appalled at product quality. Three warranty claims in two years is not a good record.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my replacement but no strap, on Monday and everything works well.

I am sure it will crack again seeing the number of people here with the same problem which is a real shame.

Cannot really fault Fitbit as they have done what they said they would do but i believe the product does have a problem.

Glad you have yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone on this thread! Sorry to hear about the screen issues you've been having with your Charge 2 trackers. 

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

The warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This mean that your tracker will be cover for a full year and in this period of time you can received any replacement is require in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker still is between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this apply until the stipulated time of the warranty has expired.

In regards to the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank for the update and I did receive the 25% coupon but could not use it on your website. As a result I ordered a new Fitbit Versa that I am enjoying but I didn’t receive my coupon value. Is there anyway this money or a credit on the Fitbit website can be provided to me?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me as another person who will be moving to a different brand when this Charge 2 stops working.  I have had it for 15 months and one day this week looked down to notice a large crack on the center of the screen.  Talked to 2 different agents and 2 supervisors on chat support today and the only thing they will offer is 25% off a new one.  I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have $100+ to spend once a year when their faulty product breaks.  I even pointed out the fact that there are numerous other users who have had the same problem and have gotten replacements, but they're not willing to stand behind their product.  If anyone else has tips on a different device to buy let me know so I can start saving up.

Best Answer

Can I get a replacement screen for my Fitbit charge 2 as I have crack across the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes
What you are telling us in this lengthy explanation is that your company is too big to genuinely care about their customers as you say customers are your top priority but since you have a large global enterprise you cannot truly take us into consideration.
You failed to address the fact that your Charge 2 product is flawed in its design, The problem is too widespread and always is a vertical crack in the face without trauma to it.
If your company is truly concerned with its customer satisfaction this issue would be addressed. The face is flawed in either design, manufacturing, construction, materials or a combination of any or all of these.
I don't believe that your letter addressing the problem in any way will satisfy your customers. I know that I am unimpressed. Though I have enjoyed having my Fitbit I can live without it. I was fine without it.Being a member of the Fitbit community has lost a lot of its luster.

Carol
Best Answer
Carol, thank you for that beautifully written post, it captures my sentiments exactly. If you happen to find a comprable device please let us all know. I tried something different a while ago and was very disappointed. I'll try to find the name of the product.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I am sorry I do not know as I have got a replacement Fitbit and did not look at getting just a screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - a crack down the middle. Actually it's 2 cracks about 2 5 mm apart, parallel from top to bottom. The cracks occurred at the same time when I tapped it as usual to change to the next display screen. I agree that this seems to be a product defect. If the watch is designed to be tapped, the glass should be quality-assured to last longer than 1 or 2 years, and most certainly should be replaceable! Had I known it wasn't, I would not have purchased the same watch for my son just 2 weeks ago. Count me as a disappointed customer.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 display is damaged. As most of you know it is recommended that you contact our Support team for assistance. They will review your tracker's information and warranty and provide options accordingly. Usually your tracker is covered for 1 year in most areas except the UK and the European Economic Area in which the warranty is for 2 years. If your tracker is outside this period then Support won't be able to replace the device as they have to follow policies.

@dzisman the discount code explains which devices apply for it and the Versa is currently not on that list.

@Janetnhs @Kellly you will both get an email from Support.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my Fitbit Charge 2 less than five months of purchase.  I contacted Fitbit. They requested pictures of the unit.  Upon review, they determined that replacement could not be covered.  As they were to confirm that I am a long time regular user of Fitbit, they offered me a 25% discount on the purchase of a new Fitbit.  After considering this, I chose not to purchase again. Currently, the Charge 2 does work.  Today, the band broke on one end.  Now I have to decide - should I purchase a new band or new unit? 

The issue with the screen cracking seems to a huge issue for many users. I like the Fitbit reliability and accuracy. But I'm wondering if durability could be improved.  Just a thought!!

Best Answer
Frustrating I know but I do like the Fitbit product even thought they may have a few issues with the Charge 2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
As was said previously, there seems to be a defect in the design which causes the screen to crack.The item should be recalled.  Your customer service is awful and your warranty policy should notapply when an item is defective. 
Best Answer

Same problem.  Woke up and my screen was cracked in several places.  I’m out of warranty so it seems like tough luck.  It seems like a 1 year product.  Sadly I’ll think about an Apple Watch.  It’s too bad they can’t fix cracked screens.

Best Answer

i didn’t relaize this was a huge issue and been running for years now! i have a charge 2 and have it for around 15 months now. Last week or so, i noticed it cracked from top to bottom on the right side with my normal usage. IT DIDNT hit anything whatsoever.

i agree that this is a design flaw and they should do a recall!

Best Answer

Hi!  I'd like to begin by saying that I understand that this is an important topic to the everyone in this thread. Fitbit continuously works to improve the quality of products and services, and all this information is useful to our team of developers. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, the Community is the best place to make your voice heard. 

Please know that the Support Team is doing everything possible to provide each customer with helpful and personalized assistance. 

I totally understand why you all are here, I've forwarded your feedback as I really appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience and let us know what we need to improve overall. This is very helpful, however, most of you have already contacted customer support to what I recommend keeping the conversation with them as they are the ones who can review your options based on your warranty status and other factors to give you more options that can suit your needs.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding in this matter!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Marre,

What we are saying is that the responses we got are unacceptable. I plan on calling the company and if the reply is unsatisfactory, I will take other measures. I would probably drop the whole issue except that their are literally dozens of customers with the same issues.

Carol
Best Answer

exactly. it isn’t an isolated case. i have read forums from 2015 about the screen just cracking out of the blue. unfortunately, Fitbit only has a year warranty. It’s like you want us to keep buying your products every 13 months 😂 ridiculous! $200 for a year. I didn’t bother contacting customer support because everyone on the forum who had this happen to them after the warranty period were just given a 25% off. why would i wanna spend a lot of money on something that’s gonna break on its own after a year of use? i’d rather save it to buy something else. 

fitbit doesn’t really care about customer satisfaction after the waranty 😂 

this isnt the only issue i have had with my Charge2. The strap broke with normal use within 4months of owning. They did change it for free, but the new one broke after another 6months. too bad i only reported it on the 12th month but I was days late of the warranty, so i was basically ignored ☹️

Best Answer

I'm wondering if this issue isn't due to extreme temperatures?   For example, it was 90+ degrees here yesterday where I live and I was going in and out of air conditioning - could that have caused my crack?   Of course, my fitbit is 17 months old and I had no idea this was an issue until I woke up this morning, saw the crack, and began to research this issue.   Pretty disappointing.

Best Answer