Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533

My fitbit charge 2 has a crack right down middle too

Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' well! Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback with us. Just like my friend @MarreFitbit has said, all of them are very important to us as they let us know the areas where we need to work in order to improve our services. 

Please note that we are not trying to make our users to buy a new strap or a new Fitbit every few months, what we recommend is to take good care of the Fitbit since the screen is a part that is always in contact with all the surfaces so it is normal that at some point, it get scratched, just like a cellphone screen, I bet that most of us try to get a screen protector because it falls and might get damage. Well, is the same with the Charge 2. And based on my own experience, I can tell you that I have mine since almost 2 years ago and the screen still in pretty good conditions. 

Now in regards of temperatures, for the Charge 2 there are certain environmental conditions that you have to take into consideration when use it. I know that the weather conditions aren't under our control, this is just a reference for you to know; as follows: 

- Operating Temperature 14° to 113° F (-10° to 45° C)

- Non-operating Temperature -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C)

In regards of the response that you have received from response, I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family, however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

I will appreciate your understanding and if you have further comments, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heydy and the rest of the fitbit moderators, I'm so glad you appreciate our understanding. It's comforting to know that. 

My screen cracked on a hike, I didn't hit anything and the temperature was in the 60's.  This is actually my second charge 2 as the first one was replaced after the screen went dim from top to bottom.

I won't be considering fitbit products in the future. I hope you can appreciate why this decision has been made.

Best Answer

Customer support offered me 25% as well. Why would I buy another product that is likely to crack?! Apparently this is a Quality issue that isn't restricted to the Charge 2 but is happening with many of your models. Given that your products are DESIGNED to be tapped on the screen, your failure to provide replacements or a repair option when they crack under normal use sounds to me a lot like planned obsolescence of your product. Frankly disrespectful and exploitative treatment of your client base. What a letdown! You have lost a customer in me. I'm going with another company.

Best Answer

I think it's great that Fitbit is monitoring these posts. A solution to this problem is definitely needed. Would it be possible to use a stronger material such as Gorilla Glass on the screen? Or could Fitbit put a protective coating on the glass or even a removable Shield? I know you've recommended that for buyers to purchase, could this be included? They are difficult to apply and it usually takes several times to get it right. It seems like there would be solutions to this problem out there, I wonder if Fitbit is looking at anything like that?

Best Answer

I thought I’d post a positive comment on here.  I live in Edinburgh and found out the guarantee in the UK is 2 years, so Fitbit have been fab and posted me out a new Fitbit charge2 within days of me contacting them.  Thank you Fitbit and if you’re like me and live in the uk, contact them, I emailed and had an extremely  positive outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed my screen is cracked from top to bottom. I wore it for only a few hours today while sitting poolside only. It wasn't cracked when I put it on as I had cleaned it prior to wearing it. It's had a screen protector and a silicone band on it for most of the time I have owned it. This is rather disappointing as I'm 10 days out of warranty and a 25% coupon won't be satisfactory for me. 

Best Answer

Typical corporate CYA.

My company subsidized Apple Watches, but I thought they were too expensive.   I should have learned when I switched from PC to MAC.   You get what you pay for.   Familiar story--vertical crack from top to bottom of the screen with no explanation other than faulty design and/or materials.  ...and certainly faulty customer service.

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read so many comments on this cracked screen issue....It's staggering!! Obviously a manufacturer issue. My original Charge HR was faulty and after many emails I eventually got a replacement Charge 2 as Fitbit stopped making the Charge HR soon after I bought it. Now, surprise surprise after 12 months my Charge 2 has a large crack down the middle of the screen. Fitbit won't replace as out of warranty (even though each tracker only lasted 12 months before developing a fault). To date, offered 25% off a new model and a lot of customer service flannel telling me how important I am. It would seem not as why would I want to spend more hard earned cash on another Fitbit which in all probability will develop another fault?? Come on Fitbit, you can't ignore all these comments!!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 2 is about 13 months old.  The screen "spontaneously" developed a top to bottom diagonal crack.  I purchased the product with my Visa card.  My Visa extends the manufacturers warranty by 12 months.   I'm about to call Visa and see what the next steps are.  Fitbut support did indicate that if it were still under warranty that they would need a picture or video to confirm the damage.  I'm assuming that I'll need to provide same to Visa.

Bottom line, see if your method of purchase provides an extended warranty.

Best Answer

Wow, Injust jumped through all the same hoops and was just told so sorry not covered. Lucky  you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i hope Visa gives you a new one. Amex said because it’s a physical damage (that I cannot prove to be NOT accidental), it’s not covered by ththe extended warranty anymore 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't started the VISA process yet.  In the past, with other purchases, they have given me credit toward a replacement.  The credit was equal to my original purchase amount.

If I run into the same issue that you did with AMEX I would point to this thread and use it as proof that there is a design defect with the Charge 2.  Whether this will work or not I don't know.

Update: 

VISA is going to cover mine.  However, your mileage MAY vary.  I had received a standard Fitbit as part of a promotion and was able to upgrade it to a Charge 2.  Only the upgrade price (about $80) was charged on VISA.  As my VISA claim was less than $100 it may have had an impact on how it was handled.

I'll need to purchase a replacement to get the claim money.  I have 120 days to upload my purchase receipt.   What is even better is that I do not have to purchase a Charge 2 or even a Fitbit.  The replacement just has to have at least the same level of functionality.

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer

did you have to point them to this thread? explained that it isn’t accidental damage? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did point them to this thread, but I doubt that they even looked at it.  I have an idea that because my claim was less than $100 it was handled as a matter of course.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Support does need to follow the warranty policies. Currently the warranty covers your device for 1 year (2 years if you purchased your device in the UK or European Economic Area). If the device is outside this period Support won't be able to replace it but as you have seen they offer a discount. It is up to you if you wish to use this discount or not. For more information you can check the warranty here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
My point is I have owned two different trackers and both have proven faulty after around 12 months. I have asked support how long does Fitbit expect their products to last, and my question has been ignored. I will be asking again. I expect an expensive tracker such as Fitbit produce to last longer than 12 months with ordinary usage, I don't think this is unreasonable. It is for this reason I am asking for more to be done for me than repeatedly being told about warranties. As for the discount, 25% off prices on Fitbit's website only equates to normal prices on Amazon and other retailers so it's really no recompense at all!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

My sentiments exactly. Don't expect anything from them and then you won't be disappointed. The company clearly could care less as is obvious by the number of entries on this site with the exact same problem. They are either in denial about the faulty product or at worst they are corrupt as it does seem possible that the flaw is inherent in the product.

Best Answer
I received a notice from FitBit that my post has been removed due to too
many responses. It's not the scandal that get's you in the end, but the
cover up.
Best Answer
Hey there.
I was told by one of the representatives that my comments were inflammatory and not helpful so I was going to be taken off. It seems that I am back on but with no results...no surprise.
They are creating a long term problem with their short sightedness.

Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes