Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen brightness Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit screen brightness has faded so much that I can't see it hardly at all

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you checked your brightness setting?  Sometimes I accidentally turn mine to “dim”.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Have you checked your brightness setting?  Sometimes I accidentally turn mine to “dim”.

Best Answer

Thanks very much. It was so dim that it was struggle to find settings. However now fine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @SunsetRunner. 

Thank you for sharing this information about the problem you experienced with your Charge 4. 

It's great to know that you were able to resolve with the steps @Cici605 mentioned earlier! If you haven't done so already, make sure to participate in our Discussions forum as well, there are many topics that you may find useful or interesting. 😁

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change the Brightness?

Best Answer

Where is it located?

------------------

I figured it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @PaulMercer

Thank you for your inquiry about the Charge 4. 

You'll be able to change the brightness of the screen by going to the settings app on your device. Please follow the steps listed here below:  

1. Swipe left to reveal the apps on your device. 
  2. Keep swiping left until the Settings App and tap on it. 
  3. Look for the option "Brightness".
  4. If it says "Dim" below, then you'll tap once on that part of the screen and it should change to "Normal". Or, you can tap once more to change to "Auto". 

In addition, make sure the  DND (Do Not Disturb Mode) and the Sleep mode are also turned off, as they automatically dim the screen. You can find these options by pressing and holding the side button for about two seconds until the Quick Settings screen appears. 

@Deb0422 Thank you for sharing that you were able to find it! 😁

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same thing I can’t even see it it’s so faint I’ve gone into the settings to try and make it brighter and it won’t work I’ve looked online and I found another thread here but it’s closed nobody had an answer even though they said that it’s been answered and they won’t help you with the warranty is not up-to-date it’s almost like it’s program to start breaking so you buy a new one

Best Answer
I agree. Very unhelpful.

I eventually got there by flicking over to settings. Keep on going right
from the time screen. You can then find a brightness button.

It may work if you turn it Off and on before you do that, or even Bluetooth
on your phone.

I am not at all technical but I got there in the end!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies and welcome to the forums, @pamzylove @SunsetRunner. 

I appreciate the information you've provided about the inconvenience you're having with your Charge 4. 

If you already tried the steps mentioned here earlier and you're still having trouble to read the screen, I recommend that you also try restarting your device. If you feel the screen continues to be dim, make sure to get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Keep in mind that there are currently a few settings on your device to be able to increase brightness of the display, but I have seen other people have provided this feedback about brightness when they're under the sunlight, so I highly recommend that you vote for this idea posted in the Feature Suggestion section of the Community; this is always helpful for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time: Charge 4 screen brightness boost.

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @DavideFitbit ,

It looks like you have overseen the fact that @Cici605 adressed a bug and some others confirmed it (and so do I). You might want to do something with this bug too.

Kind regards Gerwin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are the settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @Blueduck12.  

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about your Charge 4. 

You can follow the steps mentioned here earlier to change the brightness settings. In particular, you can swipe left on the screen to reveal the apps on your device and you keep swiping left until you see the Settings app. 

@Gerwin1 Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments. Other users have reported this problem, but for the moment if the basic troubleshooting steps have been performed, it is recommended to get in touch with the Support team for further assistance. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is completely black - it is fully charged (per the app). I can't even see anything in a pitch black room. Very difficult to adjust brightness when I can't see anything. Is there no work around using the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still having a problem seeing the screen in daylight, therefore it is
pretty hopeles. If you get to the darkest place and keep scrolling right
then you will get to settings. Tap that and go to brightness. There is dim,
auto and normal. Use normal mode. My fitbit must four years old and I am
considering dumping it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually wonder if the Fitbit screen starts going bad. My son and I bought a Fitbit 4 at the same time. I have been using mine religiously. He never used his and his screen is still nice and bright.  Not sure if there is a battery that can be changed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, i have thought that as well. I cannot see the time in bright daylight
anymore, and is about 5 years old. Use your son's!!
I will be looking for another one or something else shortly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I was able to turn brightness to normal, and vibrations to strong. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your experience and updates about this. 

It seems that you've already tried the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier. In addition, if there is indeed a problem with the display, some users have also been able to see an improvement after restarting the device or changing the clock face option

If you already tried all these steps and you're still having trouble with the brightness, please make sure to get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance, You can click here to get connected and chat with us online or give us a call.

Thanks again for all the information provided so far. The team is always working to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I change the brightness? I cannot see it clearly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes