Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412

Hi there physiolynn

is it split down almost the centre line from top to bottom? I would most certainly contact fit bit support and send them

pictures and a complaint! Also if you feel the need, open another post in the community for the benefit of the non believers!

Together we can MAKE FITBIT GREAT AGAIN!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have just come back from a holiday in Algarve, my fitbit 2 had a crack in the middle when I woke up one morning.I'll call fitbit tomorrow and see what they say

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would love to know how you get on x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

I couldn't find a contact number anywhere for fitbit uk so used the twitter link to complain and they have created a case after I provided the details of email id etc.

Someone then contacted from support and asked me for picture and purchase details.

Which I have sent and got an email with option to purchase a new tracker with 50%off or a replacement.

I asked if I can get a refund as there is no guarantee the replacement tracker wont have the same issue.

Fitbit said its not possible as the tracker was purchased more than 45days ago and if I want a refund I should contact Amazon as I bought the tracker from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rower, I was a bit frustrated at first when I contacted Fitbit on the phone, since they wanted me to send a photograph of my cracked Charge 2 along with a photo of the receipt that I no longer possessed, they ended up being more than reasonable. It was clear from their records that my device was still under warranty, and they have set in motion a replacement at no charge.

I take it from everything I read up here that an inordinate number of people are experiencing the same issue. Fortunately, the company is being responsible about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the second one cracked about 2 month ago, was going to  get a full refund as this is not funny anymore but couldn't find receipt. Went to original shop (Argos, in U.K.) and told them the story so far. They contacted Fitbit while I was in store, Fitbit agreed to send me a replacement Charge 2, free of charge. This has now arrived, it is a reconditioned unit, not new! I have a Blaze which has been perfect, but the Charge 2 which is my partners is a disaster and I will NEVER recommend it to anyone. Very disappointed with both the product and the customer service, Fitbit know this is a flawed product but have stuck their head in the sand, such approach is seriously damaging their reputation. Pick up your game Fitbit and fix this properly! From a very very grumpy Jon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had exact same happen to me on 2 occasions. the first time it happened the store I purchased it from exchanged it under the warranty. But this time the manager is adamant that I have caused the damage and won't exchange it hence i am on here searching for people who have had the same issue. It seems to be a very frequent issue in warmer climates. I live in Perth and it is warming up here probably why it has happened again being outside quit a lot. This one is only 5 months old

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to Fitbit support. I just did and have a free replacement on the way. All I had to do was give an explanation and send a picture. In less than 12 hours I was offered a free replacement or 50%off an upgrade. So excited!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

50% Seriously? Forget Fitbit and Fitbit Support.

Fitbit have moved on and are not interested in this product and even less interested in customer satisfaction. 

Put the loss down to experience and buy another product. 

Best Answer

Tdoak

i bet they didn’t tell you that the replacement they will send you is someone else’s returned product?

they don’t care about you unfortunately nor any of us, they have a new product to try to market now. And your 50% discount does not count towards new products. Oh and the screen will crack again as they have done nothing to resolve the problem!

Best Answer

Mine has just done this after having a few fairly hot days in the sun. As is the case with many of you it has not been dropped and the crack started small and got bigger over the couple of days. Aside from this, the crack cannot come from a drop as the screen is made from plastic. This means it cannot be cracked or shattered by an impact.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is being replaced free of charge by fit bit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also just happened to me. I haven’t even had my Charge2 for 2 months and went to India for Christmas, within a couple of days a massive crack from top to bottom appeared across the screen, I didn’t drop or bang it in any way. 

Judging by all the comments on here, this is a design flaw, so im expecting them to replace it. I’ll wait to hear back from them. My only concern is, what happens next time I go somewhere hot?! Do we know if they’ve addressed the issue in the design?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit ustomer service were very good and replaced the unit without any
question. They must know of the issue but as far as I know they have it
resolved it. I live in Perth and am worried it will happen again every
time I go out in summer. This is the 4th charge2 I have had replaced due to
this fault.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

So sorry to hear you have suffered from this very common problem that certain FITBIT reps fail to accept as if its their baby.

I have just fought for 6months with Fitbit because they have not addressed this problem, there is no modifications been made, therefore I wanted another model or my money back. They refused to give me the value off the IONIC and thus I have finally received an offer of full refund after raising the issue with senior personnel.

By the way, Many have taken replacements and the same has happened again, many have taken replacements to find that the replacement is not new!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

my fitbit charge 2 has cracked down both sides of the display

out of warranty of coarse Will not buy another will not recommend to anyone

poor quality screen cleat pvc not even polycarbinate

seems fitbit will not fix 3 month old cracked screens What chance have I

buy something with quality not cheap chinese/taiwan manufactured goods

Best Answer
Hi,
Contact Fitbit on their twitter page. They replaced mine within 5days. They
obviously know that there is a fault.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine to just walking whilst on holiday split next day 

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have my Fitbit charge 2 since last October. It has been quite hot on the weekend and on Monday I noticed a crack on my screen. I look after my Fitbit and did not drop it or hit. From the forum I can see that other customers have experienced the same problem in hot climate. Mostly I am upset with John Lewis, where I bought it from, which said it is accidental damage and refused to help out but happy to give me contact details... Clearly it is a fault and I did nothing to cause it. I am worried to use it now, not cause further damage, very very sad and disappointed.

Hope it get sorted

Best Answer

Unfortunately not surprised by the problem with your Fitbit but I am a surprised by the response from JL. I took mine back to the Southampton branch and they refunded it without quibbles. Admittedly it was a bit newer but yours is still within the 1 year statutory warranty period.

No longer using Fitbit but a cheap lookalike product which is working just as well and no cracks!!

Best Answer