Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412
I now have the charge 3. Been out on the beach all week.  So far so good. Hopefully they fixed the cracking problem cause that's where mine happened. 
Tuna
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Pleased for you but doesn’t solve the problem of all the people with charge 2 phones with cracked screens that they are refusing to take responsibility for. Fitbit need to take the lead on replacing without question all the watches that have cracked and they have refused to acknowledge 

Best Answer

Oh I'm not saying you are wrong.  If they ever change their minds I saved the devices.  I'm just saying -- embrace the suck.  

20200819_101732.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of you may have seen my post from August, a year ago (2019).  No, I never received anything other than what some of you were offered, a percent off coupon for a new Fitbit, which was useless, since I'd already read on other threads that the Fitbit Charge 3 AND NOW the Fitbit Charge 4 were doing the same thing and cracked screen problem continues.  What finally got me to act, wasn't the screen, but when my FITBIT Charge 2 stopped registering heart rate.  Again, Fitbit offered nothing more than a small discount on a new purchase. So, I bought a refurbished Fitbit Charge 2 from an authorized reseller on eBay.  Of course three weeks into summer, I woke up to find the screen on that unit had cracked, just like my previous unit.  However, the functions continue to work, including heart rate.  So, I guess when that functionality ends, I will have a decision to make. Right now, it is looking more and more like an Apple watch.  That saddens me because I have six continuous years tracking steps and other parameters on the Fitbit app.  I still like the Fitbit Charge series, which meets my needs and would gladly upgrade to a series 3 or 4, but since it is evident that cracked screens continue to be an unaddressed problem with each, I honestly don't know how I can.  Sigh...

Best Answer
I had exactly that experience - disgusting that they get away with ignoring a blatant defect and deceive their customers And do not do the right thing- shame on you Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They replace it but when the same happens to the replacement they do not want to know- my replacement lasted less than 12 months

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Trading standards should take them to task and name and shame them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Been there done all that and they will replace the first one but the offer n guarantee on the replacement- faultY defective goods not fit for purpose and they have been aware Of it for years. Well done Fitbit! 😡

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I decided to leave Fitbit after both mine and my wife's cracked within an hour of each other while on holiday in Mallorca.

Fitbits answer, the scratches on the screen show you haven't looked after them, so your fault they cracked.

Well Fitbit, my Amazfit XLR is a better smart watch/fitness tracker, has a longer battery life, and is waterproof and doesn't crack when it gets warm.

I will never buy another Fitbit product, purely because your design team should ALL be fired.

Best Answer

Totally agree. But so long as people keep buying unaware of the issue they will keep making and getting away with it. 

Best Answer

Had same thing with 3 charge 2s when I posted on forum I had 56 replies. Took them to fit bit they didn’t want to know. Denied there was a problem yet here we are 2 yrs later and it’s still happening beggars belief!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 years ago!!!! Original post was 2017… so FIVE years ago and still refusing to accept any liability. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The amount of comments is ridiculous for them to still be claiming no fault!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes