Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412

If this was a car manufacturer or an electrical white goods manufacturer they would have to recall defective models and take responsibility to carry out remedial work as necessary. Why is Fitbit allowed to keep selling defective goods without seemingly any recourse or conscience. Where are consumers rights applied in these circumstances. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Contact Fitbit support on Twitter they wshould help as they did for me.

Warm regards

Mark
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mark for your message, but I have already tried that route and direct with customer services and all they are offering is a 25% discount off another Fitbit.  They are not taking on their responsibility to provide a quality item that is fit for purpose and one that should  last a reasonable time.  I think the only thing I can do is look into my consumer rights in more detail.  From reading others experience on this and other forums, I am one of many that are totally disappointed and disillusioned by Fitbit’s attitude to this quality issue. 

Kind Regards, Hazel

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did fitbit offer?
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just a 25% off another Fitbit ☹️

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was only offered a discount code of 25% to use on Fitbit website valid for 30 days ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you do I am happy to add my name to it. I also have now had 2 devices that have cracked from the inside out. Lynn

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Hazel,

The same thing happened to my wife’s Fitbit. We returned to the store where
we bought it and the changed it free of charge as we took out the product
care when we purchased it.

Have you tried that route.

Warm regards
Mark
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mark, my original Fitbit I returned to John Lewis where it was purchased but being one week over the date of the extra care cover they would not help. But thanks for the suggestion.

kind regards Hazel 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lynn,

Sorry to hear you have experienced the same problem twice like me. Thanks for the offer of support I will do my research and come back to the forum to let all know if I have found a way forward.

kind Regards Hazel

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry to hear that. Typical 1 week over the date. Fitbit should do
something. They have replaced 2 for me so far.
Best of luck
Mark
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine cracked again. This is my 5th one. I have purchased 2 of them. This will be my last. I am moving to the apple watch.
Best Answer
Me too

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

They just don’t seem to give a **ahem**. Its obviously a design fault but refuse to deal with it.Fitbit customer services take note 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. If you are having issues with your Charge 2 screen please let our Support team know about it so they can further assist you. Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Is this a joke...people have contacted the support team and got diddly squat support. Fitbit need to own up to the fault and replace the goods!
Best Answer

To

Best Answer
Waited 5 minutes, and number 8 in line. Like I have all day for the sorry
25% discount that will be beat by every retail sale price. The warranty
ends, the Charge 2 screen breaks. Love the product, love the app, hate
that the glass breaks so easily with no evident root cause. This is not my
first Charge 2. You would think I'd learn? You would think FitBit would
like me to spread the word about how much I love their $150 product over
the $30 Banggood Chinese brand alternatives? I try to buy American but you
guys make it a challenge.
Best Answer
This is not good enough- when you have an item not fit for purpose being sold and replaced in good faith from the customer expecting it to last a reasonable length of time and due to a known fault and defective materials it does no5!
About time Fitbit faced up to their responsibilities to their customers and sorted out this problem. Having had more than 3 years to irradiate and solve the charge 2 screen cracking issue is totally unacceptable.
If all on this forum reads this post and countless others experiences of this problem with inconsistent customer service solutions offered and provided YOU would be well advised to cut your losses and source a better product that is fit for purpose elsewhere.
Nightmare company policies.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have had two now cracked from the inside out. Going for an Apple Watch next time x

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer