Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412
I feel your pain - been there and on second Fitbit but that has another cracked screen but they will not replace this clearly faulty product- how do the get away with it - that’s what I would like to know
Good look all

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This happend to me i woke up and the crack was there i might call customer support!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the good advice

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would and also attack them from twitter.

Regards
Mark
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Both mine and my wife's Charge 2's cracked within an hour of each others whilst on holiday. Relaxing on a sun lounger.

I've voted with my feet, and won't buy another fitbit, because of their inability to admit it is a design fault with the product. 

PS. I am a Mechanical Design Engineer Fitbit, your product needs looking at. 

Best Answer
The more this post goes on the more angry I get that Fitbit will not acknowledge there is a fault. Disgusting customer relations 😡🤬

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Makes me sooooo angry.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t expect any success. Just fob u off . They will lose soooo many potential customers. Shocking after care 🤬🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh for me they replaced it instantly and I’m quite happy with them!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have 2 Fitbits... Both done the same at the same time... Where Did anyone get with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fitbit customer care on twitter and they were grea. They
arranged a replacement.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
I had then replace it twice under warranty. The second time they told me
they wouldn't be doing it again and gave me a coupon for a percentage off a
new one. My third charge 2 also cracked. I won't be buying fitbit brand
again. They don't take pride in their products and also don't respect their
customers.
Best Answer

Unbelievable that people are still having this issue and they are still NOT doing anything abt it. Shame on you Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely disgraceful and it makes me so angry to hear this is still happening. About time they faced facts and do the right thing.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Totally agree. I gave up arguing with them and now the strap has broken and so is now Completely useless 🤬🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi so my experience was this happens to my Fitbit in the nighttime so when
I woke up I thought someone broke it!! Just use the live chat on customer
support and they will get you a new one! Mine wasn't even in warranty but
they still have me a new one for free!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

live chat where? I contacted them numerous times and they were very blunt to the point that no.. they could do nothing other than a voucher for 10% off a new one if I remember correctly 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh well in Australia we have a live chat option
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 3 Charge 2s with cracked screens now and I'm wearing a 4th.  It is crappy that they break with sun and heat exposure but it is a great product.  I have many bands and I like the lifestyle change it has brought.  So, until I can afford the Garmin high end product, I will keep breaking Charge 2s. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

we now have 4 charge 2 with cracked screens. My hubbys went first ,we had a blazing row as I said he was careless, Lo and behold a few days later a crack appeared on mine.Fit bit replaced them.

after just over a year the same thing happened again. This time fit bit are choosing not to answer emails because of Covid so we are using them with cracked screens.

Judging by the number of people commenting on here ,this is clearly an Fitbit issue that they should be fixing as they are not cheap and not fit for purpose. 

Come on Fitbit,accept there is a problem and put it right!

Best Answer
0 Votes