Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412

My Charge 2 cracked within a month after I got it.  In Feb 2017, Fitbit replaced unit without question.  I just noticed the replacement unit has a crack.  When I called Fitbit they told me it wasn't covered.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they are now considering their options.  There are no nicks or gouges.  I am using it as designed.  I believe they have a flaw in screen

Best Answer

I'm having this same issue. There must be a flaw in the design because I'm a preschool teacher and haven't used it for anything outside the normal realm of Fitbit use. I went to bed and it was fine and then next morning I noticed a giant crack down the middle. I got mine in March, so it's only 2 months old! I've had to get replacements for my old charge and never has a problem but all they'd offer now me now is 25% off. When I said that was unacceptable they told me to switch to email and they'd provide me with some more options, but have yet to receive anything back. For something that costs around $150 it seems absurd. I will probably just buy a different brand tracker unless they can help me fix this. 

Best Answer

Same thing here! I looked down at mine yesterday and noticed a large crack running down the middle of it. They told me they'd offer me a 25% discount. Really?! I've had it for 5 months and you're going to save me $25 on a new purchase. Nice business move on their part, but not nice customer service move. I am thinking that it's time to check out other brands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah not worth it to buy another product that'll break again. I have been looking into companies that have proof of durability. Wish I had done that before since now that I've been looking into it I've yet to meet a person who's had a Fitbit last over a few months. There has to be something customers can do about it. 

Best Answer

Mine is cracked, too, and the surface scratches very easily.  I love my Fitbit, but I am a bit disappointed in the durability of this particular one.  

Best Answer

Really not happy three month old fit b

@rower_runner wrote:

Hi All,

In the last day or so, my fitbit charge 2 screen has cracked - it runs across the middle of the screen and looks like a scratch, but it is definitely cracked as it penetrates through the whole front face.

I haven't done anything unusual with the device, any help on what i could do to resolve this?

My fit bit has cracked right down middle

Husband says it must be something i have done!but i am on a sunbed

its a clean line right down the middle just appeared in last hour

Im in spain at minute but will contact customer services as soon as i get home, is it the heat perhaps?

How long should a £120 fit bit last?

More than 3 months I am sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine for 2 months. They insist it's something I didn't but I don't think it is. I ended up just buying a different brand tracker since Fitbit isn't providing quality materials.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I'm on my third. I'm trying to keep fitbit above my wrist. Perhaps
sliding down between wrist and hand can create a torgueing pressure.

Personally, I don't care anymore. If this one breaks, I'll just toss it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rower_runner wrote:

Hi All,

In the last day or so, my fitbit charge 2 screen has cracked - it runs across the middle of the screen and looks like a scratch, but it is definitely cracked as it penetrates through the whole front face.

I haven't done anything unusual with the device, any help on what i could do to resolve this?

Ok

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can contact Fitbit. They probably won't do much to help other than a 25% off discount.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have a Fitbit Charge 2 ... I was out walking with my son in his pram yesterday and was recording my walk there was no crack at this point ... it was very hot and when we got back home and went to check my stats there is a crack it the screen ... can this be covered in the warranty or fixed?

TIA,

Charlotte

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
they replaced my second one as well
Best Answer
0 Votes
they replaced my second one as well
Best Answer
0 Votes
They replaced two of mine as well and then the third time they wouldn't. I just switched to a different tracker so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am coming up on 3 months of having mine. After reading about all the cracked screens, I am almost afraid to wear mine. I wonder if all that tapping on the screen weakens it. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone and welcome about to the Fitbit Community to the new comers! -- @Jayne7, I was reading your post and I reached out to our Support Team and was happy to hear that they've reached a resolution with you. Can you please confirm this?

@rower_runner I'm sorry to read this, although I saw you were working with support and they offered you an additional option based on your warranty status and your case. I recommend to give follow up to your existing contact with our support team.

@5267 our Support team were able to confirm that they're currently working to reach a resolution with you. I recommend following up with them and then letting me know how it turns out.

@Pebbs@GVan@SonyaD@Galvajensen@Nwillard@Blwcreate I was reviewing your comments and thank you for your feedback. I understand your disappointment however our Customer Support team will evaluate each case independently based on the stratus of the warranty. If you have questions about our limited-warranty I recommend checking out our warranty page here.

See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You sent  an email with a case # and it got deleted. You wanted a address I linked my charge 2 with. I did it in FL. At 1070 Laurel Rd.E. Nokomis FL. . That's where I stay for about 2 mo. A year. That's when purchased the Fitbit in Jan. I live in the USA.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RobertoFitBit,

I tried reaching out/following up with them twice since I started this thread. Someone asked me to take a photograph of the fitbit but I felt they were ricking boxes rather than trying to help. I went to the trouble of doing what they asked and then they offered a discount on my next fit bit.

I followed up emphasizing how new and apparently fragile this fitbit was, nobody returned my email. I wrote a third time and had no response...

If this is fitbit customer service I will not be buying another fitbit again. I strongly advise others against buying one too.

Thanks

rower_runner

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Lottiebod, I just want to let you know that I have moved your post to the correct board.

About your screen issue, it's weird to hear that your screen cracked just like that. First, I would like to know if you continue having discomfort with your tracker? If you do, please take it off and take a look at our wear and care article. Also, keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has just happened to mine. I am gutted. Checked my stats after a workout and it's cracked. Help!

Best Answer