Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen cracked in heat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit charge 2 is a new band. My daughter and I upgraded to charge 2. Bought them in December. We're in Jamaica for a week February, doing nothing but walking the beach. Mine was fine in the morning when I was done walking my 10000 steps my screen was cracked down the center and along the bottom. My daughter woke up the next morning and hers was also cracked the same way. We didn't do anything but walk the beach. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
412 REPLIES 412

My and my partner both have HR Charge 2 and both of our screens have cracked.  The Fitbits seem to be working ok  so far. Neither were knocked or impacted in any way the cracks just appeared during the recent warm weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine cracked and was working then one day I tried to charge and it wouldn't and heated up. I did the live chat and was taken care of within 5 minutes. The customer service was great. I received a new one within 3 weeks. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 2 screen has cracked in the heat during Caribbean cruise and is less than one month old 😟 Clearly this is a manufacturing fault as so many reports of this happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem now is, not only is my screen cracked from heat it's now damaged from sometime when I hit it.   Can the screen itself be replaced for much less than a new watch? Anyone know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah ive had my fitbit since Christmas and i noticed about a 2 weeks or so ago that the screen is cracked in 4 places. Im pretty active but i think i wouldve noticed if i hit my arm hard enough to crack the screen. I take very good care of my fitbit, i only take it off to shower and charge it since my husband spent so much money on this for me. I contacted fitbit and they offered me a sorry 20%  off another one. I will NEVER buy another fitbit unless they correct this and stand behind their product. Im a part of a very large fitness group worldwide and I'm making sure they know fitbit can't correct what is obviously a fault in their product. 

Best Answer

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. But since it was purchased from an online source they refused to help. I mean, the device is manufactured by fitbit they don't stand behind their own branded products regardless of seller. Especially since this appears to be a very common problem. I purchased it in March, I live in Colorado, we had a heatwave this summer, and it cracked in July. I'm so frustrated. I don't want or need a new device, I just want it fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was also purchased online, but as a gift.  All I had to say was that it was a gift, and they seemed to accept that just fine. I would try to reach out to them again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up this AM after charging my charge 2 overnight and found a vertical crack in the screen. I was noticing the line formaing the last few days, and now it is cracked through. I got the runaround trying to use the chat on their site so I DM'd support over Twitter. I am hoping they have a solution for me ASAP. Purchased it at a local Target, if nothing else hoping I can get help from them. Not very confident in Fitbit at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 did the same exact thing. Split down the middle and the top and bottom. Then the band started separating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you i can't find their number, i saw it some where but can't find it now thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My band had started separating and they agreed to replace earlier this week. Yesterday I was in the heat at a football game during the day and noticed out of nowhere there was a vertical crack on the screen from top to bottom. I contacted Fitbit via chat and after sending a photo with a hand written note with the case number, they agreed to replace it. It was easy and they have been helpful. Mine was a gift and purchased directly from Fitbit. I use my Fitbit daily and I am happy they were able to replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue I've had. They replaced my original one for free out of courtesy and 3 months later my second one has cracked right down the middle. I'm now looking for a new companies product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lbhayes wrote:

I'm now looking for a new companies product. 

Me too. I looked at the Polar M400 (a bit bulky) and Garmin Vivoactive (a bit pricey).

Keep the group informed.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have Fitbit commented on the cracked screens issue?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Willies62 wrote:
Have Fitbit commented on the cracked screens issue?

Sent from my iPad

Their silence is deafening.

If they don't acknowledge the problem perhaps it will go away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly! My husband said it looked like a heat crack. And it didnt happen while i was cooking, i wear my fitbit on my right arm and im left handed. The cracks have gotten worse. And it does work just fine but I'm afraid to get it wet since they won't replace it. If it gets wet I'm sure its gone for good. 

No response though, just an offer of 20% off 😒

Best Answer

When I called, they stated that they were aware of the problem and that their engineers were working on it.  So why then, are they not accepting responsibility for their defect and replacing or refunding the purchases.  Since they have not yet fixed the defect, they should refund everyone's defective fitbit (I believe the blaze has the same issue) or send replacements up to and including when the defect is fixed.  They replaced mine (it was purchased through the website).  But will they replace it again when it cracks and it undoubtedly will as there is a defect in the screen.  If they are unwilling to step up and accept responsibility for their defective product and make good, then maybe it needs to go to the next level and I don't know what that level is.  Their business has been in trouble for a while now and this is only going to hurt them more when the public becomes aware that the new products are defective and that they are unwilling to replace them.  What are they going to do when no one will buy their defective products.  You would think they would be scrambling to make good on the defective products they have already sold and would pull the defective products from the market rather than continuing to knowingly sell defective products. 

Best Answer

@rellekl wrote:

. . .  What are they going to do when no one will buy their defective products.  You would think they would be scrambling to make good on the defective products they have already sold and would pull the defective products from the market rather than continuing to knowingly sell defective products. 

My only suggestion is for people to get out there on social media (twitter, facebook) and make the whole world aware that Fitbit are falling down here.

I genuinely want to buy and use Fitbit tracker. It has all the functionality I need. If they need consumer testing assistance then let them say so. I am more than willing and I sure there are others in this community who would help.

However until they sort out the reliability I will keep my money in my pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I entirely agree with you in that for the future viability of their business and brand name they should replace all defective devices.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get a new Charge 2 just by calling customer support and explaining the situation. They will ask you to take a picture of the crack on the face of your Fitbit and upload to the representative. I believe that the support number is 877-623-4997.
So far my new Charge 2 is holding up fine after one month.
Let us know if they have changed their policy.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes