Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of syncing issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as tired as me of the constant sync problems? I've had nothing but problems since I got this thing and it's so frustrating to have to reset, restart, try this, try that... how about they just make their product work or return our money. Mine hardly ever works correctly and I've spent hour and hours messing with this thing. Currently it's been a week since I could get it to sync despite dozens of efforts. If I contact customer support I get the same tired links that I've tried over and over... and then suddenly it'll sync out of nowhere and they're all "glad you got it to work, thanks for contacting us". Then the next week it starts all over. It's absolutely shameful.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Oh I agree so Feb up same issue I'm on. My second free replacement this is a little better but still not great desperate trying loss weight improve my health fitness and sort out my hart rate health issues. With meds this ifitbit was brought to help this. I took it on holiday lots of exercise walking and it would not log any info lost whole week it miss's days of info at a time and my phone and laptop will not syn together  almost every day i have message saying no device paired. So I have to keep setting up again and again I won a altra which my phone is not compatible with think I'll have to sell it .

Good luck I that. This is my 3 Rd replacement still same issues.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on FitBit products about a year ago due to these problems, primarily the wrist band issue. I have written off the money I spent as a lesson learned and moved on.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I rated it in the play store, and they replied with a link, which when clicked on doesn't do anything, and my memory is crap, so I've come here. 

Up until now, i have had no problems with any device , and I've had them all , from the flex to the Blaze , I've gone back to the HR. I have loved each and every one up until now. 

I hope you find a solution, i hope we all do. X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, Fail, Fail, Fail, ...  I am so tired of this stupid "syncing ..." animation that does nothing but frustrate me.  Sometimes on my windows phone data do get transferred, but only to disappear seconds later.  It does not sync on my mac.  Also I could not get a correct date on the watch, even after resetting 10 times... And now, as I am writing this, SURPRISE !!! it synced with my windows 10 laptop (after 15 minutes of syncing ... ).  But because it synced earlier with my windows phone and lost all it's data, I did not get any data from today.  And the datetime seems to be correct now!  But I know I will get more problems in the future...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don¹t waitŠ. Call Fitbit and make them replace it. Don¹t give up until you
get a new one that will work.

I still only use my dashboard on my Mac. I gave up trying to sync to both
my computer and phone. Not worth the headaches.

Good luck!

KJ
Best Answer
0 Votes

Used to be tech savy but no more.  I do not use a cell phone (hate them with a passion) so am plugged directly into my computer.  It never charges or syncs and would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if there is a "sync button" on the Dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a pain to try and retry all kinds of things to get it to sync.  There should be a large SYNC NOW button on the Dashboard and it should work!  All this mucking around is frustrating.  I think I'll go with the Apple watch next time.

Best Answer

I totally agree! I am so tired of this issue! I used to think very highly of FitBit and their customer service, but I am so disappointed with their response to these syncing issues. At present, I have to do a hard reset (uninstall/install app, reset phone, bluetooth on/off, fitbit reset) EVERYTIME I want to sync. It won't even last a day. And I have seen that many other people are having the issue. This is clearly indicative of a fundamental flaw in their design of the product. I really want FitBit to address and fix this problem properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have written all FitBit products off and moved on. They should be ashamed to sell products that fail like these.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues with my blaze. At this point I can't even add as a new device  (What I previously had to do just to get it to sync). The date and time are wrong and I'm so frustrated. I've tried every trouble shoot out there and it's literally just never worked how it was supposed to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call the company and demand a replacement. The money you paid with wasn¹t
from the monopoly game. It¹s not worth the hassle to fiddle with it
anymore. My second one doesn¹t have the issues that the first one did.
Stand your ground and good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call the company and demand a replacement. The money you paid with wasn¹t
from the monopoly game. It¹s not worth the hassle to fiddle with it
anymore. My second one doesn¹t have the issues that the first one did.
Stand your ground and good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I will give them a call, I had never really considered it because I figured they wouldn't replace it... Glad to know that your second one works, it gives me hope! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I'm over it too. I'm on my second Fitbit (a replacement) after the 1st 1 had stopped working after 6 months, but had syncing problems the whole time. The second 1, that I just got 3 months ago is now doing the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit does some very neat things and it’s really a shame that the time on the Fitbit device doesn’t match the iPhone time.  That one simple flaw goes into the ‘first impression’ bucket and any Fitbit manager or technical director who reads the comical documented ‘how to fix’ solution and wastes their time attempting to implement the fix has to be outraged.  Having the device times match is such a fundamental concept, and if implemented properly I believe owners spread the word and sales makes everyone happy.  I’m so frustrated at the waste of time expended on my wife’s and my device that I wouldn’t use our Fitbits to balance my lopsided washing machine for fear of damaging it’s rusty legs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Long list, one would think the device would be good to go. Especially for the money one pays for it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly, especially when I know friends. Who have 22 dollar Chinese exercise bands. Who never have a issue with syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

When you uninstalled the app, do you lose all your data or it stays? I have same issues as all of you...using samsung phone.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

doing this everyday is really not what I want to do. fix it

@SeaweedSausage wrote:

I think there are a lot of people having issues and they do something that is just a small fix. What I am seeing is people need to do a full removal and re-add of their device and software. I have put together some good step by step instructions for what finally worked for me. (Phone: iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1; Computer: PC Windows 10, Charge HR v102)

1) Remove all devices from your account, to to your account tab and delete them all
2) remove/uninstall apps from computers and phones
3) turn off bluetooth from your phone and fully power down phone
4) connect fitbit to computer and do a restart of your device (while connected via USB to computer, hold button down for 10-12 seconds, screen will turn off and back on after a few seconds displaying the fitbit logo and version number, mine said v102)
5) unplug your device from your computer after the restart and turn your phone back on.
6) re-install the app on your phone, confirm no updates to the app are needed (for iOS you can go in the App Store, click updates in bottom right, click purchased apps and scroll to FitBit, my version says 2.19)
7) turn on bluetooth for the phone, login to the app on your phone, and go to the account tab
😎 add your correct device, it may ask to hold down the button for 3 seconds to pair but you may have to hold it down for a little longer. Enter in pairing code and press next until it gets to the "Finishing Up" stage. This may take 10 minutes to finish. Leave app open until all is finished.
9) you should be paired and syncing up now. Confirm by closing out of the app completely, and re-open the app to see the last sync time. You may also now have data from 1 previous day. 

(if this fixes your current issue please vote thumbs up on the comment so others may try as well, it is to be noted that some report they still have to re-add like this and resync every 2 weeks or so)

Best Answer
Just write to fitbit and tell you want a new one. They will replace it for
you.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes