Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa won't stay connected to my Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit must be automatically logging me out of my Alexa because I'm constantly going on my app logging back in!?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76
It will say welcome to fitbit.....etc. how can I help?, I try again and it
says try asking Alexa.... other times it tells me I need to set up Alexa
before I can use that function. This just started a couple weeks ago, it's
always worked just fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the issue

Has anyone tried to do a factory reset?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MandyJo76 Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the details mentioned. 

Let's try the following troubleshooting: 

- Restart your Versa 2 

- Log out from the Fitbit app 

- Clear the app cache 

- Restart your phone 

- Log back in 

- Set up Alexa again and test it out 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my smartwatch got an update, I hope the Alexa issue gets fixed with it. Let's wait and see

Best Answer
0 Votes

@s3n3x Please keep us posted. I don't expect that the firmware update will solve the issue which appeared after an app update of the Fitbit app. Let's see. 

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Received the lasted update.  Still losing connection daily then need to set Alexa back up.  A daily routine since my purchase in April.  Had the versa 2 and NEVER had this problem.   Wish I would have never gotten the Sense - it is SO frustrating having to setup Alexa DAILY.   

Best Answer

I have versa 2 and I'm still having problems too. I was having to sign every day. Then last week it was ok for a week. Today I had to sign in again. Been having problems since 2 updates ago.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you very much for taking the time to report this matter. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. I'd like to let you know that our team is aware of this matter and they are currently working to resolve it and we hope to have a fix soon. 

On a side note, I've merged your posts to this single thread for future updates. 

I'll be around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Tried all the suggestions. It just keeps logging out of Alexa. I have zero interest in using Google Assistant if I buy a future Fitbit. Alexa or I'll buy a different watch that's better in all other ways. I literally bought the Versa 2 because of Alexa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ï've been having the same problem for quite sometime, and it's getting really frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all you said & now my watch is saying "Change Shortcut

Sorry Alexa isn't supported in your location. Choose a new shortcut.

Got it" & when I click on "Got It" nothing happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the troubleshooting performed. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to provide a good service. Please verify to have installed the latest Fitbit app version (3.42.1 or above), this should resolve the issue. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

App was Updated to 3.43 Jun14th.  Fine until this morning, I woke to disconnected state AGAIN. And yes all storage, power saving, background, data, etc settings are correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's forget Alexa!! I'm in France and I received an update. Google is available now.... No more disconnect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have galaxy a10e. I have rebooted, re installed, everything and yes Alexa works with Versa2 for a bit but does not STAY connected. Pre installed timer works better than Alexa. I have given up all use for Alexa connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Alexa on my fitbit Versa 2 also would not stay connected. I have android Galaxy A10e. I also have an iPad Air.  After always rebooting both phone and fitbit, turning Alexa/Amazon on and off on my phone and just about giving up, I turned Bluetooth off on my iPad Air tablet. Alexa has now been working at request for two days. A small victory and not very scientific, but so far it works for me. Aug. 2021

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on latest version (3.65.1) and have this problem. This seems to have started occurring when I switched to a new phone (Pixel 6a), but all other functionality (steps, metrics, etc.) are coordinating with the app with no issues. It's only the Alexa connection that fails.

Best Answer
0 Votes