Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining fast on Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

When my Versa charged to 100%, I purposely left it on the stand for 20 mins more. But it shows 99% within one min after I started to wear it. Any ideas? Defective?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting and the details shared. 

If you experience battery draining difficulties on your Fitbit Versa, please follow the tips mentioned on this article to extend the battery life. If the battery life keeps draining after that, contact our Support team, they'll be happy to help. 

This thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

Hope this helps. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
438 REPLIES 438

Is it continuing to drop?

I'm wondering if it's just that as soon as it starts using battery is has to be less than 100% and 99% is as close to 100% as it can be.

Best Answer

All day sync is off. I stated to wear it to sleep at 12AM, at 7 AM, it is 80%....I do not think it is normal

I purchase 3 different Versa, first one is very good....I had to return the second one because it kept on rebooting itself and I have done everything support told me to do, not working.

This one, the third one, seems like to have a battery issue. Man, I am seriously considering getting Garmin Vivoactive 3.... 

Best Answer

Wear it and see what happen in a day. You can not tell right after removing from the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have two versa with exact same settings. I had them on me. After two hours. One shows 98. The other shows 90.    

I guess I was lucky to at least have a good one.  Very disappointed indeed.  

Best Answer

Hello @Baysidefish and @GreginJaxFL, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's great to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. 

@Baysidefish, thanks for bringing this to my attention and letting me know the steps you've tried in hopes to resolve this issue. Is the battery on the Versa lasting 4+ days? Have you restarted the Versa already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, I would like to suggest you the following to maximize the battery on your watch:

• Remove any alarms you're not currently using. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press the button to see your stats.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • Charging your tracker in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.
  • Lower the screen brightness and backlight delay in the Versa settings. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit Thanks for the information.

What is the difference between Quick View in app and Screen Awake (Left button)?  thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Baysidefish, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

The main difference between Quick View and Screen Awake is that Quick View is controlled by the app and can be enabled or disabled through here:QuickView.png

Screen Awake on the other hand, is controlled by the watch itself, which I personally find more convenient as you only need to press down the left button for a couple of seconds to access this setting.

I hope this resolves your inquire, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Hello! I just got my Versa today. Love all the new features but also seeing battery draining quickly. I turned it on and got it set up between 2:30-3:00 PM Battery was at 100% when I took it off the charger and by 9:00 PM it was at 75%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @emalieann, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. If you have already followed the tips I mentioned earlier to maximize the battery life on your Versa, please take in consideration that the following actions might drain the battery on the watch faster than usual:

• You play music or use the music controls frequently
  • You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
  • You use an interactive or animated clock face

If you're not doing any of these actions, please monitor your watch for the next days and let me know how long the battery lasts, that will help me determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
Thank you will do. I’ve turned active sync off and I deleted my alarms (which stinks - because what’s the purpose of having the function if you can’t use it). can you be more specific on what would be considered “interactive watch face”. I also changed the watch face to manual instead of automatic when I raise my arm.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After initial setup at 7 pm last night, I managed to hit 100% battery. Within one minute of wearing it, it dropped to 99%. Wore it to sleep and when I woke up at 6 am, it's at 95%. It's now 10 a.m. and it's at 90%. Is this acceptable?

Not sure if this Versa can last 4 days. I typically charge my old Blaze every 1-2 days.

Best Answer

Hello @emalieann, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around too @Jujube289Smiley Happy

Please consider that 3rd party apps and clock faces might be the reason some Versas can experience a shorter battery life. When I mentioned "interactive watch faces" I'm referring to watch faces that have animations on effects on them. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to experiment with the clock faces and find the one you're more comfortable with and won't consume as much battery as others.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Hello @emalieann, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around too @Jujube289Smiley Happy

Please consider that 3rd party apps and clock faces might be the reason some Versas can experience a shorter battery life. When I mentioned "interactive watch faces" I'm referring to watch faces that have animations on effects on them. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to experiment with the clock faces and find the one you're more comfortable with and won't consume as much battery as others.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Versa on Monday 4/16.  The battery life is really bad.  I charged it overnight last night, when I put it on this morning it was at 100%,  20 minutes later the battery was at 50%.  I have no third party apps running, all day sync is turned off and I switched back to the fitbit watch face.  Yesterday, I did try the reset 3 times.  Nothing is working.  😞  I'll be packing it up to return today.

Best Answer
Have you contact Fitbit directly? I did yesterday and gave a fully detailed report on what I did and told me to watch it. Today I contacted them again because I went from 100% to 36% in less than 24 hours and through syncs to my phone there were able to verify. So now I’m doing a battery test and they’re helping me with all that. May be worth a shot. Seems like the battery life is a pretty common issue but I think the customer service is great and they are working on a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got mine this past Friday and charge it for the 2 hours and it was completely dead by Sunday morning. So I troubleshooted and turned off all the features and recharged it for 4 hours. I took it off charge at noon on Sunday and by Monday morning I was down to 51%. On Monday I turned off the gps and recharged it again. Same thing took it off the charger around noon and took the watch off before bed. It was at 75% before bed and this morning it's down to 51% from just laying there and it's still declining. I've only gotten in 210 steps since I put it on and it's already down to 45%. I really like the watch but soo disappointed in the battery life. 

Best Answer
You may go to Fitbit’s website and chat with their support. I chatted with them three times and ended up doing a battery test. Yesterday, upon their request, they had me return the watch. I’ve not heard anything back yet but someone is supposed to be contacting me with the next steps. So I wouldn’t give up on the watch just yet and contact them. From my perspective they are trying to resolve the battery issues.

- Emalie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

If it drains less than 25% in one day, it should last about 4 days. (.25 X 4 = 1.00 or 100%)

Best Answer
Thanks, I have reach out to support and they deem that I'll  need a replacement. 

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer