Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains fast after last update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had an issue with my versa until I did the update a few days ago, now my battery doesn't keep a charge for half a day. I've done everything that you have mentioned and nothing. Whatever was in the last update screwed up my versa!

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Shannon5.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Versa's battery is draining faster than expected after the last update. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve this. I would like to confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Charge the watch to 100% and use it like normal.

You can verify the complete tips to prevent battery drain in this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done what you asked and it's still draining fast.

Again, never had an issue before watch update even with third party clock faces.

Best Answer

Hi @Shannon5, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the exact same thing that happened to me. My Fitbit could go 5-6 days without needing a charge. After the most recent update I get 2 days at best. This is b.s.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @HillariChap. I am sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate the additional details and would like to confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting instructions from this post?

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I changed the clock face, I have restarted it, and charged it to 100% multiple times. I also turned off All-Day Sync and Always connected and factory rest my watch. The battery is still drained in 2 days. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @HillariChap

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have found my Versa battery wont last longer than 12 hours after the update. I can’t track my sleep since it needs to charge long before I go to bed. I have changed clock face, restarted and charged to 100%. Still draining rapidly. 

Best Answer

I have also been having this problem since the most recent update. I started a workout at 50% charged and it died with 30 minutes of my workout. I had no problems prior to this.

I have tried the trouble shooting you recommended with no success. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Steffiwhit @Jaywo. I am sorry for the delayed response.

@Steffiwhit thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Jaywo I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the battery issue with your watch. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing the exact same issue!! I used to get 4-5 days and now since I did the update a couple of days ago I’m barely getting 12 hours! So frustrating! 

Best Answer

I was experiencing the same thing  on my Versa after the update, then, last week, the night before going on vacation, I put my fitbit (which was charged to 50%), on the charger to have it fully charged before I left. When I took the fitbit off the charger it wouldn't turn on. The app shows it is charged but says it can't find my fitbit, probably because it won't even turn on now.  I've only had my fitbit 4 months. I took the fitbit, paperwork, charger and receipt to Wal-Mart for a replacement but they said I had to contact Fitbit, They also said I would need the box because that is where the serial # to match the one on the receipt is. Why isn't the serial # on the watch? Why won't my watch work at all now? When can I expect a replacement for my watch?   FYI, I tried all the things mentioned to fix it but since it won't even turn on now those instructions are useless. 

Best Answer

I am having the  same issue...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KGroma @LesMar. It's nice to see you around, @klrinne16

@KGroma @klrinne16 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I totally understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting instructions from this post? 

@LesMar I am sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have followed the troubleshooting steps with no improvement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies, @klrinne16 @KGroma

@klrinne16 @KGroma I appreciate your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting replies soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Battery drains fast after updating, i tried to recharge it but the device went blank and all efforts to reboot it as adviced from community forums not successful. 

Best Answer

Wait until the face falls off the watch...then the battery issues seem so trivial. 

Best Answer