Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains fast after last update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had an issue with my versa until I did the update a few days ago, now my battery doesn't keep a charge for half a day. I've done everything that you have mentioned and nothing. Whatever was in the last update screwed up my versa!

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Same thing is happening to my versa. It was fine until I did the last update and now I have to charge it every single day. It does n't last a day when it use to last up to 4 days. This is very frustrating and disappointing. This is my 3rd fitbit product and will probably be my last. The quality isn't there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my battery draining in less then 12 hrs.  I did everything you suggested and still no luck.  Any other suggestions as my fit bit is only 6 months old. 

Best Answer

Same issue just happened end of last week and this weekend the face just died. It still vibrates and is connected. I contacted CS got a reply on troubleshooting. I did what they said and that is when it stopped working on the screen. I then replied back twice now with no response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update a couple of weeks ago but thought the faster (and worsening) battery drain was because my Versa is so old. Then this morning I took it off the charger at 100%, and went to the gym... about two hours later it was down to 38%. I checked it two minutes later - 35%.

Since I don't keep the companion with me I know it's not data transfer. And I'm using my own exercise app, so I know it doesn't drain the battery.

The only thing left was bluetooth music - I shut off my headphones, and it stopped draining. As I write this - 2 hours after getting home - it's still at 35%.

So I guess until there is a fix I'll be using something else as a music source.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to me in the last two weeks, ever since I updated my Versa with the new Sp02 capability. It use to last me a week at least without charging and now I have to charge it every two days, which is very frustrating. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue since the most recent update? I've tried all of the typical steps but no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing that too. Ever since I updated and tried to use SpO2, my versa doesn’t even last a day. I then took off that program and it charges to 100% and then drains to zero in a few hours. I think I’m done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if your watch will work the same as mine, but if I got to settings scroll down to about click on about, you should be able to get you model # and then keep scrolling  and you will find a bunch of other #'s as well such as IC CMIT ID, NCAID among other  numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what happened to me. I have to charge before bed then recharge again in the morning. I've cancelled everything apart from steps heart and burn. It's only 10 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the exact same problem. I never had any issues with my Fitbit until it updated this week. Since the update, the battery is dying throughout the day. Before the update the battery would last for about 5 days. I have tried all of the suggestions above and still no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've contacted fitbit and they said they will send me a replacement watch.
Without straps, charger etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has same issue, I did restart and battery keep drains fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my versa 2 now...I had no choice but to update, it didn't give me no option or it wouldn't work...I'm so frustrated now cause it won't hold a charge a full day...I used to get 3-4 days..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced mine due to it only being 10 months old.
Best Answer
0 Votes