Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Microphone on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microphone which initially worked fine, on my new Versa 2 watch has become unresponsive.  When I toggle the microphone to reply to a text, or activate Alexa, the software reacts properly, but the watch does not respond to the voice input. 

Have been emailing support with several suggestions given by them (reset, factory reset, software update, making sure the microphone is enabled, duh, making sure Alexa language is same as Fitbit app or phone language, etc) and I have gone along and checked and performed all of this to no avail.  In addition, I've checked that the app itself has all permissions, deleted and reinstalled the phone app, and yes all apps are up to date.  I will have to call support to get resolution.  I love my watch otherwise.  If you are having this problem too (I saw a post for the IOS platform with same problem), give it a vote. Hope they fix this.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Same thing here. All of a sudden the microphone/Alexa doesn't even register that I'm talking to it.

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Best Answer

I had the same issue with my first Versa 2.  After about 2 weeks the microphone became unresponsive.  After working with Fitbit they had me send it in for a replacement.  3 weeks later I got the replacement, now not even 2 weeks later the microphone is not working again.  NOT very happy at this point!

Best Answer

Same thing happening with me.  I am patiently waiting on a support email from Fitbit.  Apparently since it is still under warranty, they are going to make a decision to replace.

Best Answer

Exact same issue.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Got my Versa 2 for  Christmas,  worked great for about a week.  Now I get I intermittent texts and the mic quit working.  Very disappointing.

Samsung S10 Plus

Best Answer
Still under warranty, call them and send back for replacement.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
What is sad is, I finally decided to send mine in again. I mailed it out on
the 15th, a week ago. It is showing a delivery date of next week on the
30th. 2 full weeks just to get it to them, then up to 5 days on their end,
and 2 weeks to ship it back. Just messed up!
Best Answer
Mine was back within 7 days of return.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same is happening to me. Got my Versa 2 for Christmas, has not touched water other than maybe being splashed once or twice when washing dogs, and about 3 weeks after Christmas the microphone completely stopped working. Called support, updated it, did a factory reset, and it still doesn't work. They said they would email me and they still haven't, it's been almost 3 weeks since I called!!

I don't know what else I can do. I'm so frustrated, this thing was almost $200. 

Best Answer
I had to call a couple of times, but finally got someone that was very helpful.  I did send defective Fitbit back, took 5 or more days to get to warehouse, now I am waiting on returned device...total time will be about 3 weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you receive a replacement?  Did it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am on my 3rd one now and have only had it for 4 days, but so far so good. The first one lasted 2 weeks and the second one lasted 12 days. We'll see how it goes. Every time I send it back, it is over 3 weeks to get the replacement. It's pretty sad that it takes longer to get a replacement than the microphones actually work. 😞
Best Answer

I did get replacement, and so far it is working.  I have not taken this one swimming yet.

Best Answer
I received it last Thursday...One week to sendOne week to processAlmost one week after processing to receive.Works great now.

Best Answer
I amnon my 3rd one and NEVER even got any of them wet.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  It's never been submerged in water, only splashed when washing hands.  It worked fine when I got it for Christmas.  I tried all the things support said to try (resetting everything, cleaning the mic with alcohol, logging out of and into Amazon) no changes.  She said they would have to move my case to someone higher up.  Waiting to hear back.

Best Answer
I sent mine back.  Took a week for them to receive, a week to process and a week to return the new item.  Have had no issues with the new device.  Was still under warranty.

Best Answer

Having the same issue. It's very frustrating to see all of these posts. I have taken extremely good care of this thing never wet, not a scratch!

CS was very unhelpful, there answer was for me to do my own research here on the forum.

I thought that's what I paid $$$ for when I bought the device directly from them, not a third party seller.

I am not happy. And yes I have gone through all of the steps of resetting and rebooting that is mentioned in every other similar post!

Best Answer
Hello. I sent mine back to Fitbit. It took at week for it to get to them. Took a week for them to process. Took a week to return to me. Now that I have a new device, no problems.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer