Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Microphone on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microphone which initially worked fine, on my new Versa 2 watch has become unresponsive.  When I toggle the microphone to reply to a text, or activate Alexa, the software reacts properly, but the watch does not respond to the voice input. 

Have been emailing support with several suggestions given by them (reset, factory reset, software update, making sure the microphone is enabled, duh, making sure Alexa language is same as Fitbit app or phone language, etc) and I have gone along and checked and performed all of this to no avail.  In addition, I've checked that the app itself has all permissions, deleted and reinstalled the phone app, and yes all apps are up to date.  I will have to call support to get resolution.  I love my watch otherwise.  If you are having this problem too (I saw a post for the IOS platform with same problem), give it a vote. Hope they fix this.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63
Hi Thank you! I did not see your post prior to my last comment. I do apologize for the tone of my post, but I am beyond frustrated. I had honestly given up hope and stopped posting, asking for help. My whole family have owned and used your products for years without any issues and I couldn't wait to get the new Versa 2 and other than the battery randomly dying and the microphone issue, I love it.  But those are two of the main reasons that I bought it. Sincerely, I would truly like for some help!Thank you in advance.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Returned the first one now on the second. It's stopped working on the second so returning that too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my replacement Versa 2 yesterday, the microphone works on this one - for now.  However, last week the microphone on my wife's Versa 2 died as well.  I'm really looking forward to another "tech support" experience.  Not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, I am here because I was trying to figure out why my microphone on my Vera 2 stopped working. Plus, I wasn't sure if that was the actual problem. I also got mine as a gift and absolutely love my watch. I am making the decision though that the microphone was just an added benefit and not worth going through the trouble of returns and exchanges. Some things just do not work and were probably just a great idea on paper. So far all of the other features are working so I will just grab my phone if there is anything that needs to be spoken (i.e. Alexa, and text). Thank you to everyone that posted as it will save me a lot of time and headache knowing that it just doesn't work anymore. I am also frustrated, but at the same time, I am saving myself further frustration. 

Best Answer

Totally agree. I'll do the same, since this one was already a replacement for screen issues. The microphone can be useful, but it's not important as other features. I'll keep it until all other things are still working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. Honestly it sucks yes but I can live without it. As long as it just doesn't stop working like the lite did I'm good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I RMA'd it and they replaced it. It sucks, because it took 3 days to get there and their service sucks so it took almost three weeks to get the replacement. The replacement however, works great. I think they had a bad batch at Amazon or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my Versa 2. It worked great for about 2 weeks and then the microphone stopped working. Had it sent in and its been 3 weeks and no confirmation that it has arrived or is being fixed or a replacement is being sent. Customer service tried to help before i sent it in and ended up bricking the Versa 2. Im now being told that i need to contact the mail to find my package but it was passed off from USPS to FedEx with them giving me no tracking number. I guess ill have to call and hope they know me by name so they can tell me exactly where my package is. Please PLEASE fix the microphone problem so that others do not have to go through this. Im not sure what is wrong or what could be done to fix the issue but please fix this. Sadly i have decided that this will be my last FitBit because of this issue. 

Best Answer
Mine took a week to get there, a week to replace and a week to come back.  New on has worked fine.  I wish too they would fix the text messages that disappear..

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there  any resolution  yet? This  has been going  on with me with for months.  I was sent a replacent and shortly after the second one is having  the same  exact  issue.  I wanted  to stay loyal to Fitbit but I am so disappointed so far.

Best Answer
Have not had any issues with my replacement, but I agree.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still remember this issue. I think most of us have actually experienced it. I am not really sure how to fix it, as I decided to throw it away and buy a new one as I tried a lot of things, in order to solve it, however it just won't work properly. In case I gave it to a repair shop, they would fix it, and it would work properly for a couple of hours and then it would just get broken once again. After seeing that it just can't get fixed, I started to browse these reviews https://bestmicrophonescritic.com/best-microphone-for-vocals/ in order to find a new proper microphone.

Best Answer

@Lirrana wrote:

Still remember this issue. I think most of us have actually experienced it. I am not really sure how to fix it, as I decided to throw it away and buy a new one as I tried a lot of things, in order to solve it, however it just won't work properly. In case I gave it to a repair shop, they would fix it, and it would work properly for a couple of hours and then it would just get broken once again. After seeing that it just can't get fixed, I started to browse these reviews https://bestmicrophonescritic.com/best-microphone-for-vocals/ in order to find a new proper microphone.

I have also choose my microphone due to a review from this site

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Did everything suggested on here. My mic doesn't work at all, super annoying. Fitbit has been super disappointing. This is my 4th device in 5 years. For the price they should definitely last longer. Their return/repair process is also ridiculous and rarely resolves the issue. 

Best Answer

Same thing with mine. If I delete this app and reinstall it one more time Im gonna scream.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you disable the knock knock jokes

Best Answer
0 Votes

voice recognition no longer works. Alexa feature is gone. Wasted lots of time trying every solution to no avail. We won’t be fooled again! 

Best Answer

Same problem with my mic I got it to work once by screaming at the top of my lungs  can't keep that up very frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up, I was getting a new one almost every year; I have an apple phone, and got an apple watch.  It integrates beautifully with my apple phone.  It has a few bugs, but I am beyond happy with how it works.  Siri is awesome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After calling, resetting, uploading 4 x's the warranty was good for a
replaced unit.
Best Answer
0 Votes