Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Microphone on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microphone which initially worked fine, on my new Versa 2 watch has become unresponsive.  When I toggle the microphone to reply to a text, or activate Alexa, the software reacts properly, but the watch does not respond to the voice input. 

Have been emailing support with several suggestions given by them (reset, factory reset, software update, making sure the microphone is enabled, duh, making sure Alexa language is same as Fitbit app or phone language, etc) and I have gone along and checked and performed all of this to no avail.  In addition, I've checked that the app itself has all permissions, deleted and reinstalled the phone app, and yes all apps are up to date.  I will have to call support to get resolution.  I love my watch otherwise.  If you are having this problem too (I saw a post for the IOS platform with same problem), give it a vote. Hope they fix this.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

This is it folks.i had same problem, tried everything.  Finally, i had a feeling that there was some Alexa skill enabled that was causing the screw up. For me it was the “knock knock” or kids joke app.  I disabled it And now the microphone works. Just try it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info, I do not have Alexa enabled and no apps. It "works" I just have to yell into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine died a couple of weeks ago.  I've spent two frustrating weeks with Fitbit "support", doing the song and dance.  They reply every 3 or 4 days with another helpful suggestion like "restart the watch", and "reinstall the app".

The microphone is dead.  So far they've refused to accept that fact and keep stalling.  I'm very frustrated.

Best Answer
Did you try my suggestion? I tried everything, the restart, reinstall, everything. Nothing worked.
Finally I wondered if some Alexa skill was confusing it. Because, if you think about it, the Alexa skills must interpret your words. It is logical to think that there are tolerances: “how close must your words match their pre-set skills?”
In my case, every command I issued-Alexa thought I was asking it a knock knock joke. So I deleted that and a few other Alexa skills And now it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I deleted all my Alexa skills except Fitbit, nothing changed. Thanks anyway. 
Best Answer

Same here. Worked for a few weeks, then stopped. This is the same behavior on both Versa 2s I've had.

Best Answer

Microphone stopped working please help

Best Answer

I returned my versa 2 to versa.  It took a week to arrive to them, a week to process and a week for me to get a new versa 2.  New one has worked fine. 

Best Answer
How did you get them to warranty it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck Fitbit customer service is useless!

Best Answer
The warranty is good for one year....mine was only 2-3 months old.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to call Customer Service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your question about using voice assistant. See our help article on troubleshooting Amazon Alexa on your Fitbit device: What should I do if Alexa on my Fitbit watch?

Please check them out  and let me know if the issue persists. If such is the case, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. Also, I can contact them for you if necessary, just mention me and I'll move forward with the request.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, thanks for the link, but the issue that's being discussed here really isn't about how to use the voice assistant, it's about broken microphones.  Most or all of us know how to use Alexa and were using it successfully - until the microphones broke, that is.  

I finally got tech support to admit there is a problem and issue an RMA, it only took 3 weeks of wasting time to get to that point.  Looking forward to getting a working microphone back eventually.

Best Answer
Does not help!!
Best Answer
I have been through all of the steps, MULTIPLE TIMES. I don't know what it will take to make someone from your company to understand this.This is a microphone issue! Not a setup or how to use issue!
I spent the extra money to buy directly from Fitbit, not some third party like Amazon or Kohl's which had better prices and warranty cost, expecting that if/when I had an issue, it would be handled by the company directly.The only thing that I have gotten from Fitbit at this point is the runaround and an effort to blame my phone though syncing it with any other phone, regardless of Apple or Android brings the same results.
To say that I am furious and making sure to tell every single person that is looking for an activity tracker, how disappointed that I am, and to shop elsewhere, is an understatement.
Unless Fitbit makes some effort to fix this issue, I will continue to do exactly that.
Sincerely, Disappointed beyond belief after buying your products for YEARS!
Best Answer

What Del said... 

Best Answer

Hi there, I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Hello @Richj44, I'm sorry to hear that you're going trough this situation. Please keep an eye on your inbox so our team will continue assisting you.

Hey @Delmarksman and @FarraB, since the steps recommended haven't worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team  about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope to get you back on track soon.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are doing support tickets that I might possibly get a replacement that works, sign me up! My miserable experience of support has basically made me give up on hopes of getting a device replacement. Thanks for doing that for me and saving me the weeks of being treated like an idiot and gettng a friendly "oh well". 

Best Answer
I personally could not agree with this comment more. I would gratefully accept help from someone who truly wants to give it.To date however, I can't even get you all to talk to me anymore. 
So far this has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had from a major company that projects itself as an industry leader.
Fitbit Actual, My Versa 2 dies randomly and the microphone only works when I yell into the speaker with my mouth quite literally pressed to my wrist.It did not always do this. I have reset it over and over, I have gone through the troubleshooting WITH YOU and did everything you've asked of me.The last of which was you telling me to come here and figure it out for myself! Seriously?!?!Nothing has fixed the issues. There are dozens of people with the exact same issue who are at the limit of their patience.I am one f those. 
 I am here in the forums just like you told me to do.I honestly and sincerely want help! But I will only beg for help so many times before I stop.
I want this unit replaced!
Best Answer