Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairs South Africa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is ridiculous that I cannot send my fitbit in for repairs in South Africa, physically their is nothing wrong with the device not even a scratch the only problem is the screen has gone further everything works

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72
Also moved to Garmin
Best Answer
0 Votes
thats literally been everyone's advice. so far i just wish i had known this
before i had baught the stupid fitbit
Best Answer

I am absolutely mortified at their lack of service in this country!!

My Fitbit was not even 7 months old when it stopped working.

I could not find my receipt for it as we went overseas for a few months and the slip got lost somewhere in the storage process.

I offered to pay to have it fixed but the retailer from where i purchased it refused to send it in without the warranty.

R3700 waste of money for nothing!!!

Best Answer

@Kyliepotgieter did you contact Fitbit? 99% of the time they will send you a replacement unit. I've gotten 2 replacements that never needed a receipt. And i never go to the retailers because they are lazy and full of sh**

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted Fitbit.
They are unwilling to assist without my receipt!!

Kind regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did contact them. the stupid thing broke 2 week after warrenty ended. was
told i should check out their shop page.... subtle way of saying buy a new
one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine and I was just told on a chat now to replace it 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Mine did that yesterday and was advised by Fitbit to get a new product which is frustrating as I have only had it for a year and 1 month. 

Are they saying we must buy new Fitbit devices every year?

Best Answer

Keen to try fix it for you the way I fixed mine. If you are in joburg. Let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Yes, in a nutshell That is what FITBIT suggests. Simply just go out and buy another one when they don’t even last a year!!! I have never heard such absurdity in my life! Given their attitude towards their inferior quality products, most people will not buy Fitbit brand anymore!!! Even Polaroid Which I bought for my kids over a year ago has better lifespan and customer service at a fraction of the cost!! I have just ordered one for myself as well! Polaroid doesn’t give a days problem! Fitbit should be ashamed of their brand!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thank you very much,

Luckily where I got it, they said they will collect it and see what they
can do for me.

Hopefully something better this time around.

Kind Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 screen gone due to wear and tear. 3 to 4 years of ownership and it still works but cannot see anything... now using a vivoactive 4 and loving it too bits

Best Answer
0 Votes

This should be brought to customers attention when they buy the watch as it doesn't last longer than 2 years and you can't get it repaired. Bad customer service 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Precisely!

Regards
Mandisa

Managing Director

South African Flair Travel
Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought the first one we bought, which was the Ionic, was a dud when it broke around 18 months then I bought the Versa and that has lasted two years. Not what I would say is value and quality for your money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got my Garmin this weekend. bye bye to this sad customer service.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I there how did you contact Fitbit? My watch just died yesterday and tried everything for the screen to go back on but nothing is working and my watch is still under warranty as I only bought it last year November?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to search the website forever. cos its not easy to contact them.
finally managed to speak to someone on the online chat. but my fitbit was
out of warranty by two weeks so the directed me to check out the shop

heres the contact page: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue too - we need support here in SA.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Chris Marie
Take it back to the place where you bought it

If still under warrantee they need to replace it
Best Answer
0 Votes