Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335
Good point. The old Versa I had finally gave up the ghost and the screen went at the same time as the battery. FitBit did replace my Versa since it was still under warranty - so pleased about that, but it seems based on all the feedback I’ve received that this model has problematic power issues.

BT
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know. 😭 I had flex, charge 2, surge, blaze and now the versa. I always upgrade mine.. And the battery of this versa is kinda annoying. I updated and follow their instructions but  the battery still don't last for 2 days. 

Best Answer
People keep saying call the company and they will replace it but I have yet
to find a number that gets you to a live person.
Best Answer
0 Votes

People keep saying call the company and they will replace it but I have yet to find a number that gets you to a live person. 

Best Answer

I have called last week using +1-877-623-4997 customer service and just press 4. You will able to talk to someone. And yeah they gave me instructions on what to do. I followed it and doesn't make any difference. I might call them again and ask for replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, contact Customer Support, the upper left tile says "Call us" and when you press that you will see the phone number. If you want to chat with someone, go on the same page to "Fitbit Troubleshooting" and press it. Press the Versa watch and you will go to the page concerning the Versa. On the bottom of this page wou will see on the right side a tile which says: "Let's talk", press that and you are going to chat with someone. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through 3 Charge 2’s my fist year. Then they figured it out just as warranty ended so it all was fine in the long run. If they weren’t good with that 1 year warranty I wouldn’t bother with them. Hopefully they figure the Versa out too.

Well I’m going to tell you the same thing. Document what’s happening and call them. My first year with Charge 2 they replaced 3 times. I don’t have the # I was calling. I think I just googled Fitbit Customer Service Phone #. I don’t recall process for getting a live agent but I was always so mad when I called I somehow got through. They are good with warranty. Maybe ask in here for best way to reach real person or look in a Facebook group? Good luck.

Sent from myMail for iOS

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week suddenly my Versa stop showing heart rate and there was update on Fitbit versa app. I updated app and then it sawed heart rate but then battery started draining in two hours. That happened for two days and then I saw your suggestions to turn off all day sync and automatically turn on watch. But still my watch drained battery in 6 hours. Also I don’t have any extra features that I have added than few. I have reminder every hour for 250 steps, text message alert and incoming phone alerts. I have turn off all day syncing.   I agreed with Kelly what is point having all that features and not able to use it. I am very disappointed. You spend money to get all that features.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn't everyone try to find the customer service number to a live person?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Customer Support page you see on the left side on top "Call us", press that and the phone number you have to dial appears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went in my app to contact them.  Called and followed the instructions for battery test.  It was under warranty and I was sent a new one a week later.  It’s been working great!

(877) 623-4997

They emailed me the directions and I replied via email. It was handled quickly.  

Best of luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have contacted via phone call and representative has told me to call back when my battery drain again. So I am going to call them late evening today.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' fine! 

@Mobilephonebill, remember that the Versa battery lasts around 4 days with normal use, which doesn't mean never use any of it's features, just don;t be turning on the Versa so often and so. 

@Chelsea.Sierra, I appreciate the tip. Well, yes, we recommend not use a wall adapter so often to recharge your Versa. It is better if you use the USB port on a computer. 

@Steph_110, it takes a little bit more to get the 100% charge. Let me suggest you that, next time you recharge your Versa, first restart it and then fully charge it. 

@TildaM, due to the issues that you have with your Versa, I have escalated your case with our Support team for further help. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@SunsetRunner and @CSD222 thanks for taking the time to contact our Support team. 🙂 

@Abbeymaysmama, I'll be glad to assist you with any inconvenience. So let me know if you need help in regards of your Versa battery. 

Have a nice day folks! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, let's go back to the advertisements for the Versa! All the things it could do is why many people purchased it! For me it was the ability to store music off the computer and play it from the Versa to wireless ear buds. This eliminates the wire running from my ears down to my iPod. Then I wanted the time, don't care about the watch face even though there are some awesome ones out there, my heart rate, steps and my sleep habits. Now given all the features this watch has what percentage of the phone was I attempting to use??

Reading through the various forums we deleted the one item every single person suggested was draining the battery the most, my music! In all reality the biggest reason I wanted to Upgrade. So now we went from 6 hour battery life to 2 days and actually defeated the main reason for the purchase! So if the watch can't handle the functions it's advertised as being called of with any sort of decent battery life what good is it???

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t even tried to put my music :musical_note: on it yet. 🙄🙄🙄

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100%! It is very frustrating and make me want to consider other options. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I genuinely don't mean to be rude, but this is a lot of key features that I'm being asked to turn off so that my fitbit will work the way I was promised it would... This post was from a while ago though, is this still the advice I would be given? I charged my watch for 2 hours yesterday (took it off the charger less than 24 hours ago) and it's already down to 24% battery life. 

Best Answer

Trust me you are not the only one!! We paid good money for this fitbit and it should work as described . Last week I had to replace my fitbit for the 4th time!!!!!! Talk about being disappointed..I officially am not a fan of fitbit versa. The next issue I have I'm going to get a smart watch!! This is sad. I'm sorry you are having issues as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LauraSantiago Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining quickly. Try cleaning the contacts using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves.

@Sheilamay sorry to hear that your last Versa wasn't working correctly and thank you for following up with the Support team.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer