Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

Wow, looks like I've done the right thing still not updating. The absolute lack of response from Fitbit on this issue is disappointing. I can only assume the Google takeover has basically thrown all internal operations in the air. Google aren't really into letting people continue without interfering.

Re heart rate, I've never really had any issues with my Versa. Although, even though I haven't done the latest update I do sometimes see it reporting a rate of 120 while just driving. If I take it manually, while I can't actually measure it it's nowhere near that high. If I take the Fitbit off and out it back on it settles down to 65 to 80 which is normal for me driving. Crazy numbers.

Best Answer

This is weird. I updated to 70.7.21, and have had no problems. Apps that were not there before,are present and working. (I don't use PAY so I can't answer for that). This sounds like bad firmware updates to me,but it is definitely a Fitbit problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my versa 2 as a Christmas present and in the last month it has not been working properly...won’t illuminate when I press the button, won’t illuminate when I raise my wrist, will not allow me to scroll once it illuminates, is not tracking my steps, will not charge....these are some of the issues I’m having.  Do I return it to the store although it’s past 3 month return date?  What to do?  Will the update help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From your description, I doubt if you can update it. You will have to contact Fitbit support and see what they can do for you.

Best Answer
I have no idea. I was hoping someone from Fitbit would comment as the string is moderated. We all need to write in that the new update drains the battery & freezes the screen. The more the better and then hopefully they’ll fix it! Take care!
Best Answer

Me too, I've got the same issues!  Sometimes I can swipe works fine other times I can tap touch, swish, swipe nothing...

Now it doesn't even come come with movement,  I've got physically hit the side button.... checked all settings....etc. it was fine till last update....

Hello....this needs to be fixed

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same issues it seems many others are having... screen doesn’t come on with movement or tapping, alarm won’t shut off, battery doesn’t even last an entire day.  I’m not even sure that the heart rate and steps are counted properly.  I really wish they would fix this issue.  I even did a factory reset the other day, which did nothing.  For a $250 device that’s only several months old, I would expect it to work properly. 

Best Answer

Looks like I should have read the support forums beforehand,

today I updated my device, then it malfunctioned, then I decided to just switch it off (ie hard restart),

trouble to get it back on. Managed that one, still malfunctioned (no connection / sync possible, no time display), so I tried the factory reset via the menues. Pressed the ok - and since my device is not reacting to anything - just dark (even though it was 100% battery when I started this terrible update).

Watch is just some months old, barely used over the winter, now it is dead. No pressing of any combination of the three buttons for X seconds have helped to wake it up again. 

So - please do NOT update the watch, you may shred it! 

Anybody here an idea what else to do?

Best Answer
Ask them for a refund if it’s still possible if not ask for a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LZeeW 

I have the correct version 35.70.0.21 on my fitbit phone app, however on my Versa 2 I have 35.70.7.21 also.... is this current? I am not receiving notifications on my watch. There is a red warning sign when I click into notifications saying 'Notification service not running. A phone restart is required'. However, when I restart the phone it makes no difference. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @RMOYNO and a warm welcome.  The 35.70.7.21 refers to the Versa 2 firmware.  Your Versa firmware is up to date.  The Fitbit app for both Android and iPhones is v3.18 and is currently being rolled out.  You can see your Fitbit app version by tapping on your profile picture then scrolling down to Help.  You don't say what kind of phone you use.  There are different troubleshooting steps for Android and iPhones.  Check out this Help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?   I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with your warning and error message.  I don't have any magic for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@RMOYNO if your asking about an issue with your phone, please include the type of phone? Especialy since the post is off subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t believe that they blamed the battery!  That’s such hogwash!  There are so many of us, who recently got the Versa 2, all was fine, then we updated the firmware & tada we all have the same problems:

1. The battery life dropped to about a day

2. The screen freezes & takes several times to reboot.  It works for a short while but then freezes again & is not responsive at all!

I can even find a chat or email for customer service to describe this & they have already announced that because of the Novel Coronavirus, they will be short staffed on support.  If other companies can reroute calls to tech support agents working from home, Fitbit needs to do more to make it so their support staff can work effectively & efficiently from home. (Companies that I have worked for have in the past have made that happen.)  It’s not rocket science.  Most phone calls can be rerouted to a pool of support people & they should be able to logon to their database with their work laptop and log these issues.  Even just reading the strings, they should be able to see that the firmware update is NOT working!  It’s not that hard to then assign it to the firmware team to fix the update problems.  I’ve worked for companies that have made & sold factory automation.  They all had software & in some cases firmware updates that were handled far better than a company as big & well funded as Fitbit. This is a joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a firmware issue. Something is wrong with the last firmware update.  

Best Answer

@LisaCSheffield tap on your photo that is found in the top right corner of this page. 

Tap Contact Fitbit

You will see several ways of contacting support. 

If phone support is open, you will see the phone number. 

BTW the fastest way is through a tweet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think there will be an update soon. There are still fitbits without problems.

It`s Google now. Google don`t care about the brand, they want the knowhow and the database.

They have a Google smartwatch. Fitbit will disapear i think.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this update my Versa 2 is no longer detectable by my iPhone XR via Bluetooth. This has rendered it useless. After attempting to troubleshoot this on my own (which included removing the Versa 2 from my app) I chatted with your help desk, and they basically said to wait for the next update, but how will my Versa 2 be able to get the update if it can't "communicate" with the app on my phone? My laptop seems to be able to connect to the Versa 2's Bluetooth, but there doesn't seem to be a way to add my Versa 2 back to my online Fitbit account via my laptop. I just updated my phone's iOS again in hopes that would help, but still no luck getting my phone to detect my Versa 2. Help?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently chatting with a Fitbit rep regarding the same problems.  They are trying to tell me my Fitbit is defective even though it was working fine from Christmas until the last update.  She said this is not a common issue.  I told her to check the forums.  I am so disappointed.  I've had several Fitbit trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For support to say Versa 2 issues are not common is a disgrace. It's very obvious that there is a software issue with the Auto Wake option and other issues. I've made multiple posts about a workaround that works for me and some others. Patch it!!! 

The amount of times Fitbit is asking for customers to return their watches is insane. Patch the software dont physically ask customers to mail them in. Such a waste of materials. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner why are people saying that Fitbit is a part of Google? 

Just because Google offered to purchase doesn't mean that they own. 

If you put an offer on a house, does that mean you own said house? 

Best Answer
0 Votes