Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350
Glad I could help your welcome

Jeremy Mayfield #19 is only one that matters to me!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get my watch to sync. I’ve removed it from my phone, Bluetooth, and application. I’ve turned the watch off as well as my phone and rebooted it. What are the next steps? So frustrating. I didn’t realize when I purchased my second Versa I couldn’t have both (my original Versa) set up on my phone. Bout ready to chunk them both in the trash. At least my Apple Watch works and stays synced! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

An accepted deal is not the same as a done deal, either side can still pull out before the deal is finalised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have resolved my problem concerning the workout and calories spent. I think it makes a difference if the Versa 2 is fully charged.  With a charged watch, I am getting the normal calorie count of my previous routines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the issue with text notifications not coming through from the iPhone to the Fitbit fixed yet? I’ve tried everything and was hoping this update would fix it. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call fit bit customer service I did and my new one will be here next week Wednesday

Jeremy Mayfield #19 is only one that matters to me!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
No

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the update yesterday. I couldn't get my watch and phone to connect afterwards so I shut both down, however, now my watch won't turn back on. 😞

I've put it back on the charger even though I know I just charged it yesterday morning. It's not even showing that it's charging. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This sounds like the problem everyone is having and nothing works.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
My button is broken and no responsive so even with new software I don’t know if it works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and my battery drains very quickly even if I'm not using it  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to replace my versa 2 as the one I got suddenly stopped dead after a week...when setting up the replacement I updated it and 2 weeks in for me the update is great! Better and more stable HR tracking also I'm getting better sleep score I'm a really restless sleeper and my Fitbit would sometimes not get a sleep score for several nights just basic sleep stats however since the update I'm getting at least 5 nights out of 7 a sleep score

I don't know if the update needed a bit of time to settle...but so far so good

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know....thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did the update on my versa 2 and now its flipping out.  There is now a white line on the side of the screen and it keeps randomly doing things when I'm not touching it.  I just watched it start a timer,pause it then start again.  How do I reverse the upgrade?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can any help me? I received my Versa 2 yesterday and noticed it didn't have all the features everyone is talking about, its running off 68.9.15. I have been told this is the original update but I have no options to update the software, I hope someone can help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you only got it yesterday give it a day check your Fitbit app dashboard you'll get a notice at the top informing you an update is available put it on charge make sure it's connected to WiFi should then update

When I had to replace my versa mine came out of the box with the old firmware and it took a little time after initial setup for the option to update appeared ...if that doesn't happen try a hard reset and check your app again

Best Answer

I am very impressed with this update 

Had a few little glitches at first (perfectly normal with new update)

I now have better battery life 5 days!

Also noticed much better and accurate sleep tracking and score

Very impressed!😊

Best Answer
Nice!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m happy to here that, I have a broken button, Fitbit should be sending me a replacement soon…..
Best Answer
0 Votes