Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Title pretty much explains it all.

I have not hit anything. Nothing else is broken. Screen works. But the one button on the entire watch is apparently jammed. This is the second of the versa series I've owned will likely be the last if Fitbit does not honor the warranty and replace my product. I've had this less than a year and take good care of it. 

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

I have had this same problem for months now.  I pretty much figured it was defective, but since I have no proof of when it was bought (it was a gift last year at Christmas) I figured it was not worth contacting Fitbit, and just wrote it off as a product to never get again.  I didn't tell the person who gave it to me b/c honestly, why would I want another one with the same problem...it seems pretty pervasive.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I have a replacement, and this new one is starting to do the same thing!
Best Answer
0 Votes
The company is pretty legit in returns. Worse case scenario is that they
give you a discount on the next one. Best case. Free replacement. Just
register to a date close to when you received it and they will do you
right. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit Support and got a replacement as my warranty was still valid. Hope the next one will work longer than 6 months. 

Best Answer

Glad it worked out for you. My replacement seems to be working fine so far...

-----------------------------

I wonder how many times they will replace the watch for us.The company needs to figure out how to fix the problem...

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
Agreed!
Best Answer
Glad to hear it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me and was extremely frustrating! I couldn't even restart the watch

however I did manage to go into the setting -> left button. it was set on alexa (the default) 

the second I changed it to something else (in my case music controls) the button was suddenly free! 🙂

hope this works for you as well

Best Answer
Thank You 😊

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have been having the same issue with mine and it is out of warranty by less than 3 months. Support only offered 35% off a new one. Seems to me if it is a product defect a replacement should be offered.

This will definitely be the last fitbit I own, and the family has now had 5 over the past few years. 

Best Answer
My replacement Fitbit is now out of warranty. I agree I do not think I will buy another one. May go for the Apple-watch. Did you make sure yours is charged and synced with your iPad or computer. My needed to be removed from the iPad and re connected and then it worked fine..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try that again, but we charged it overnight and it should have been synced... it is like the button does not even press at all. 

We tried cleaning, we tried a toothpick, but does not seem to do anything.

Thanks for the tips though. Appreciate any help. Hate to have a $190 brick.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my first Fitbit last week and the side button does absolutely nothing, it doesn’t always show me the time when I turn my wrist to look either, i went to their site and they don’t have email customer service (how ridiculous is that?!) so I’ll call them tomorrow, I’m not impressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me:

Clean around the button with Q-Tip dipped in Rubbing Alcohol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can anyone give me a phone no or email address as I have same problem. Side button dosent work and has been very hard to press since I got it at Xmas. Thanks.

I contacted them and they sent me a replacement form through email which dosent work either! How am I not surprised 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1621249740662.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me but I am 16 months out from purchase date and they gave me a stupid percent off coupon for a new one. Very disappointed in Fitbit's customer service as this seems to be a malfunction on their end not the user so they should replace it no matter the warranty. Will not be purchasing again from fitbit due to this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my versa two last year In august and the button has stopped working I don’t want to try the toothpick in case the water seal breaks, a replacement would be nice cause it seems the versa two has this problem a lot 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue last year. Support told me to buy a new one. 

Then I simply use rubbing alcohol with a paper towel.

I rubbed the buttons to clean them out, and it was working as new after for over a year.

No toothpick involved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i will definitely try this! i hate that i cant use the alarm feature on it
because the button doesnt work
Best Answer
0 Votes