Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 watch has been having intermittent problems that got worse over time, and as of right now it's unusable.

The issues started out with a lot of crashes and restarts, failed updates, and intermittent syncing errors. They've never been constant, but it does seem to crash a few times a day at the most. Sometimes when it would come back up, the home screen would say something along the lines of "clock error, go to the app to pick another clock face."

The more noticeable issue is that starting a few days ago, the screen would sometimes not respond to touch inputs, and restarting the watch would fix it. It's been getting worse, and today, the touch screen does not respond at all, even after restarting the watch. The screen does turn on and off using the side button, but I can't interact with the screen. The watch also syncs normally.

I successfully updated the firmware yesterday, but it has no noticeable effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

My replacement has been working like a charm. Good luck!

Best Answer

I’ve been having the exact same issues everyone has mentioned. A factory reset worked for a few days. Now, screen unresponsive and noticed battery dying after a day. Luckily, I bought from Best Buy during the holidays so has a long return period. I’m going to exchange it. Had a charge 2 that died after 2 years of heavy abuse and never had a problem with it. This is disappointing but hope Fitbit just had a bad batch go out and the new one will be fine. 

Best Answer

Have previously had a Charge 2 and wanted to update but am very disappointed. 
The Versa 2 keeps dropping out of WiFi and is not recording data. 
Ive looked at doing at least 2 factory resets and this has not helped. I’ve tried to clear text messages from the watch but they won’t clear.

The sync keeps failing between phone and watch and today my phone is showing activity Ive done but not the watch! 
Im so fed up wondering if I should return this and get a different watch! 
Please can you help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue here! How do I contact support for a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly don't go through the forum.... That's gotten me nowhere. Use their support chat?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
My first Charge 2 was great. But this Versa2 is really disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My versa 2 was purchased in Sept 2019 worked great at first but is now not working the battery only lasts 48 hours and the screen is non responsive. I have uninstalled and rebooted several times but still no different .

Best Answer

I just got my Versa 2 yesterday and set it up and by 10pm it locked up and kept resetting.  The screen is unresponsive and I was stuck all morning in this loop with the red x 

after finally getting it to reset up on my phone partway through it says that the reset failed your data did not clear please try again.

please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d take it back and exchange it. It will never be right. I just exchanged mine a few days ago after a month of problems. The new one immediately connected to my phone with the first code where as the first one took 20 times. You can do a reset but it will likely just happen again. They have some major issues with the versa2. I wish I would have just got the new charge version instead as all I really care about is the fitness stuff but wanted something that looked more like a watch than a bracelet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.  How frustrating.  I actually received this as a replacement for my old versa.  I just want one that works.  I have been using a Fitbit since 2014 and have never had so many issues before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, i posted here last week and never got a response from Fitbit. I just chatted with their customer service team and received a replacement offer within minutes. That's definitely a more effective way to get a response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I figured.  I just went through this process with them 4 days ago... where they asked me if I checked the forum for an answer and troubleshoot first.  So I thought I would try this route first.  

I am going to see how long this reset works.  So far it has been an hour of working.  Then I will reach out for a replacement.  It is just so frustrating when you spend so much money for it not to work as expected.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and because my back button starts with Alexa, I dont see the fitbit logo until it restarts and goes right to home screen. 

How should I time when to release and push the button again? 

Touch screen is totally unresponsive so I cant go into settings to do a reset there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my watch since Christmas and the screen started being unresponsive and/or glitchy this week. I cannot deactivate the sleep mode in the morning because the screen won't respond. Resetting it doesn't solve the problem either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this is affecting me too.  This is my fourth Versa (3 Versa 1s - battery issue) and frankly, while I love the tech, Fitbit has got to get its act together!  Purchased the Versa 2 last month and recently it's becoming less and less responsive to touch, sometimes requiring five or six taps to click on something, which is especially annoying for alarms at 4am!

So far I haven't had any issues with crashing and resetting, although I haven't done a full-blown factory reset.  The only other thing that I've noticed that is unusual is that sometimes when I push the side button to force the screen awake and turn my wrist, the screen goes dark immediately.  I end up having to do this a couple of times before I can click to where I want - that's annoying too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue with the screen not responding to touch at all. I tried resetting it using your advice but it’s not working. This is very frustrating, I can’t even access my alarms. Pls help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your new one do the same ??? I’m waiting on replacement as my just keeps resetting all day and night I use it for everything and tracking my nights with my baby 

Is the new one working good

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues. Screen will be non responsive until I just hold down the power button. I get around 5 minutes of screen use before it goes again. I’ve had the Fitbit around 4 months and I thought I was the only one with this fault

Best Answer
my new one has been running perfectly! 🤞

--

****WARNING: *Do *NOT *submit Wire Instructions VIA EMAIL, PHONE or FAX.
Only submit Wire Instructions *IN PERSON *at Closing.**** *
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just one week with this smartwatch and and have the same issue.... Is there any fix?... How do I get support team?

Best Answer
0 Votes