Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 watch has been having intermittent problems that got worse over time, and as of right now it's unusable.

The issues started out with a lot of crashes and restarts, failed updates, and intermittent syncing errors. They've never been constant, but it does seem to crash a few times a day at the most. Sometimes when it would come back up, the home screen would say something along the lines of "clock error, go to the app to pick another clock face."

The more noticeable issue is that starting a few days ago, the screen would sometimes not respond to touch inputs, and restarting the watch would fix it. It's been getting worse, and today, the touch screen does not respond at all, even after restarting the watch. The screen does turn on and off using the side button, but I can't interact with the screen. The watch also syncs normally.

I successfully updated the firmware yesterday, but it has no noticeable effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

Fitbit is garbage.  They reluctantly sent a replacement Versa to me and now this one had a non-s

responsive screen. I need to reset the watch about ten times every day.  I am not wasting my time or money on their crappy technology.  I am buying an Apple watch and accepting the loss.\

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I totally agree!

I had mine for less than a month & the screen is no longer responding to any tap.

Best of all, i had alarms set & the only way to adjust it or turn it off is via the tracker. So it keeps on alarming a few times every morning as i can’t turn it off. Support team has no resolution on that issue.

I reported my issue & it doesn’t seem they feel the frustration of their customers. Despite the request to expedite, they can only shipped out the tracker by end of this month.

Really a crap! Didn’t expect this stress at all!

Nina
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Versa 2 and have even had the screen stutter a bit and doesn't allow me to press anything.  I also have gollowed the steps to try a factory reset and have gotten that red X error of "Data not cleared.  Sync and try again." I did try again and again to no avail.  This is a new Versa 2 thst I only got for Christmas as a gift, so it's less than 2 months old.  There is no reason it should be erroring out like this already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue. Trying to do factory reset to no avail. Should I seriously have to factory reset a watch that is only THREE MONTHS old!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as everyone else. Can not reset or anything. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem also I just got off customer support they're sending me a replacement doesn't seem to be fixable

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not fixable, I got my replacement and it seems to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Versa 2. And I’ve followed all the steps you suggested here.  It’s really frustrating. I’ve only had it a little over a month.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with red X.  Fitbit support sending a new one. This seems to be a pretty major fault with the new Versa 2. I'm hopeful because of the others who noted their replacement working well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that ask for the old one back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My first Versa was 14 months old and the screen went black. I could see
condensation in the windows on the back where your heart rate is detected.
They said it was past warranty. I said the watch is supposed to be
waterproof. I don’t swim, so that is sweat inside the watch. They finally
agreed to send a replacement, but no warranty on the new one. I was
happy... for two months. The screen freezes on the new one. I have to
reset it repeatedly throughout the day. I will not waste another penny on
their devices. I regret recommending the Versa to my friends in the past.
Saving up for an Apple 5 now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No they didn’t. But their response was immediate. The same day they sent out a replacement. Very happy with their customer service. !!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so frustrated with my Versa 2. I have tried everything suggested in this thread and still get no touch response. I don’t know what else to do. I literally cannot even use the watch at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went right to Fitbit. Com and sent an email to customer service. They had me send a video of my trying to swipe it in either direction, which it wouldn’t do. By the end of the day they were ready to send me a replacement. I was happy at their quick response. And the new one is on the way. I just hope this one works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Afternoon,

I am also having the same issue with my Versa 2. I have tried the factory reset option twice and i still can not get my screen to work with touch. Any help with this would be helpful. I am training for a race and would love to use my watch.

Thanks,

Becky

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me too. Got the Versa 2 in November 2019 and it was working brilliantly until a couple of weeks ago. Started not responding when I tapped the screen, now it is sometimes not responding when I use the button. It restarts by itself and when I get to set an alarm on it, I can't always turn it off due to this screen issue. I have factory restarted it multiple times now and I am going to ask support what to do as the watch isn't even 5 months old yet. 

Best Answer

Fitbit is replacing my Versa 2, because it did not respond when I swept my finger across the face of the watch. Alexis worked with a timer, but could not stop the alarm when the check mark showed up. It basically just a watch. I had called the third time before Fitbit decided to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m glad you found a resolution. Hopefully our new ones are an upgrade and has fixed the issues

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa 2 has left a bad taste in mouth. If Apple ever gets their fitness stuff into one app with sleep monitoring, I won’t buy another Fitbit. I still may not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you go to Fitbit customer service? In one day they had an order in for a replacement. It’s a bit different from my defective one so I’m hoping the problems are fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes