Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect with Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything is connected Im getting text and phone calls and my steps sync with the app.

The Spotify won't connect Ive did a reset

I just dont know what more to do

Also I dont have the 7 stars when you swipe up and it wont let me add it

Help me please and thank you

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

i couldnt get spotify to work either.. powered off my phone and back on again....unbelievably my spotify now works a treat

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the versa 2 and the same is happening  ,did you figure it out? It sure would be a big help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The biggest thing that I keep finding is that I get logged out of my
premium account. I have to go back into the Fitbit app, logout of Spotify
and log back in. It's inconvenient to always have to do, but it's an easy
fix. It works. I would love for this bug to be fixed all together, but that
works for me!
Best Answer
Thanks so much,Happy New Year!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Kincarr, I found if u restart ur Fitbit watch and restart ur phone , it
will connect. the only problem is u have to do this all day long. Sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anytime that it disconnects for me, I just go into the settings for the spotify app in the Fitbit app, then log out and log back in. Always fixes the problem until it signs me into a free account again. Then I just wash, rinse, and repeat!

Best Answer
hey there...I did get it going..I had to turn my phone off and on again.re
sync the watch and it worked.
nothing else did..it's crazy the phone just needed a restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Connect your headphones - to the watch

Connect spotify to phone

Connect headphones to phone

Should be able to control music from watch or phone now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Needed that rational thought lol. Worked for me also. phone: Huawei p30 lite

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart your phone!! I was frustrated and I restarted my phone (Android) and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will work for about 10 minutes, once you disconnect from your current
internet connection is back to square 1!
Garbage app with no support from fit bit or spotify!
I'm now using spotify HR app and it's not as flashy but it actually works!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The biggest problem I seem to have is connecting my Bluetooth headphones Tommy watch and having them play Spotify. It only gives me the option for my music.

I've found that the connection always dies and have given up. I just connect my headphones to my phone and use the tap controls on them. It's frustrating that there is no concrete solution

Best Answer

Yes, the audio output is my problem as well.  I am logged in and it shows my spotify library but when I try to play it, it opens a 'connect to a device' menu that only shows the receiver I have in my office, NOT the headphones that are already connected to my device via bluetooth and working with the other apps.  It is supremely frustrating since I bought this watch BECAUSE of the advertised spotify availability. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both fitbit and spotify don't care so there will not be a fix  Try spotify HR app. Works well if not as good looking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I find has happened whenever I get the "connecting"/no internet connection problem from the Spotify app on my Versa. Checking in Spotify settings in the Fitbit app shows it says spotify free (rather than my Spotify account name as it normally does when things are working) and a text explaining that a premium account is required. There's also a "log out".

Clicking on logout and logging back in again in that situation makes everything work - but this has to be repeated EVERY TIME you open the Spotify app.

Best Answer

After lots if frustration, I wasnt logged into my premium account afterall! 'Logged out', logged back in and its finally working!!

Best Answer

Restarting worked for me too! Galaxy S9+. Good suggestion, thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting my phone worked for me S9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you the most helpful advice ever!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging out of Spotify on the Fitbit app and back in worked for me. It somehow logged me into a free version and not my account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes