Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new versa 3 Saturday from pre order ! I was so excited.. 

within 24 hours the battery had died! I had debated replacing my versa2 with the 3 or an iwatch and went with the Fitbit because if the great battery life! 
last night I charged it ,put it in to go to bed and it was already on 58% by the morning .

then I realise that I’m being asked do I want to end a walk! Maybe gps had been running all night ? I have put walk excercise as a shortcut maybe the  button got accidentally started in the night ? Now I need to figure out how to remove walk from the shortcut so this doesn’t happen again ! 
hooefully these are things i find how to manage to increase the battery life, so far a bit disappointed ☹️ 

is any one else struggling with battery life

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Versa 3  is not charging, please follow the charging tips in this Fitbit help article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
67 REPLIES 67

Hi there @DAK2, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3's battery is draining quickly. I understand where your concern is coming from and why you must be feeling disappointed so far. Thanks for the details provided in your post, I'll be glad to help you. 

We recommend that you use the charging cable that came with your device. Note that after several hundred charge cycles, your device may need to be charged more often.

Using features such as always-on display and GPS require more frequent charging.

• Sense and Versa 3 have a battery life of up to 6 days.
  • If you use Versa 3 built-in GPS continuously, Sense and Versa 3 have a battery life up to 12 hours.

Below you'll find tips to extend your Versa 3's battery life:

Regarding your question to delete Walk exercise on your watch, please note on Versa 3 all exercise available are now automatically included in the watch and there's no way to remove or reorder them. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Up to 2 days?? All the released info touted 6+ days. What gives? 

Best Answer

Have had mine in 3 days now. Battery is just down to 75%. Have been doing 2 running rounds with gps active. Im pretty happy with the battery

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was fully charged Saturday, 9/26, and is currently at 40 percent.  I'm thrilled coming from a Wear OS device that wouldn't last a day.  @DAK2 I don't think this is normal behavior at all.  I'd consider a return if it doesn't sort itself out.

Best Answer

Wait..what the Versa 3 is advertised has having 6+ days of battery life so what's with the up to 2 days??!

That's one of the main reasons I upgraded from a Versa 2 which had a good 5 day battery life

So why if it's supposed to get 6+ days am I getting only 2-3 days?...I'm not doing anything different from my Versa 2 I don't use AOD . So what gives?

Best Answer

Three days since last full charge here and at 55 percent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first cycle of battery last 5 days. No GPS used, Always On Display was off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted yesterday that I was only getting 2 days of battery life from my versa 3...so took some of your advice I restarted it I let it charge for about 2 hrs I dimmed the display from max to normal and great news woke this morning and instead of battery at 40% which it had been doing it was 94% and as I write this late afternoon still at 90%! That's better thanks for the tips!

Best Answer

Hey everyone, please note Sense and Versa 3 have a battery life up to 6 days. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hey Kate

I have to disagree. On the website, where I purchased my new Fitbit versa 3 it littely says “- Mere end 6 dages batteritid per fulde opladning” danish from the website link below. 

translat to 

more than 6 days battery pet full charge. 

so I don’t get why you are saying up to

https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/wearables-sport-og-fitness/smartwatch/204291/fitbit-versa-3-smartw...

Best Answer

So essentially what you’re saying is, if you want your battery to last the 6 days as advertised, don’t use the features promoted to sell the device too.  It’s one of the other.

Next time, put in a better battery.  Very disappointing. ☹️

Best Answer

Buy a watch. Like all the exciting features. Turn off features because the R&D team didn't consider people would like to use them without compromising battery life. Saying that, my battery lasts 2 to 3 days with everything off for my Versa 3. Extremely poor products for the cost. Fitbit products are notorious for issues that they're unable to fix. I have the Aria 2 scales and the body fat sensor no longer works. Known problem, Fitbit do not apply a fix and/or quite possibly don't know what the issue is. On top of this, in order to enjoy (supposedly) and get more from your purchase, you're required to subscribe to a service. The service needs to make use of some of the features that essentially burn off battery life very quickly. It's an ecosystem years in the making, but it's let down by generic responses by moderators throughout the forum and what can only be described as poor workmanship of building/creating seemingly unreasonably priced products.

I'm fed up of arriving here for fix after fix after fix and not getting any kind of acknowledgement that fitbit are in fact looking into or are aware are these issues. The Aria 2 scales can be traced back two years and the advice from moderators is to pull the battery, place on level flooring and don't wear socks. Like, really? These are simple diagnostics but what is the fix?

Same for these watches. I've had enough. Time to switch ecosystem. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with the battery draining. I have had versa 3 since dec 2020 and it has worked well with charge lasting -6 days regardless of use including gps. In the last two weeks my battery life has been dropping from 6 to 4 to 2 days now. Haven’t used GPS during that time No changes were made to the watch except I turned off some features a few days ago but battery life got shorter. Can batteries be replaced?

Best Answer

Turn off the snore tracker as that drains the battery. That's what I did and now my battery is fine 

Best Answer

Hello, I've done all these things and I was even sent a replacement. The new one does the exact same thing. When I first got the 1st one I purchased the battery life was great, then a few weeks later it started draining quickly. I changed all the settings as suggested and still the same thing. After I received the replacement the battery was draining right away. I changed the background, settings, and disconnected it from wi-fi thinking those were the problem. But I should be able to use all the features I like and have my battery last longer than 24 hours. I have used fitbits for a long time but this is disappointing.  

Best Answer

Hi, 

I am having issues with the battery even after doing all of the above. I have my watch 12 months now and it used to last 4 to 6 days... now I get 36 hours which is very annoying since they are expensive. I have done all of the above an its made no difference. 

Can you please advise 

Thanks 

A

Best Answer

I just purchased mine 2 weeks ago.  I let it fully charge with the cable with which it came, have a static, non-animated face that is one of the Fitbit recommended faces, Always On/GPS/Turning my wrist to turn on...all set to off.  And still, I'm lucky if I get 2 days!  I've tried resetting the watch,  replacing the face, letting it charge longer/shorter.... none of the suggestions work.  This was a very expensive purchase that I purchased specifically for sleep/premium health tracking and I lose a day of data every 3rd day.  Please advise as this is unacceptable. 

Best Answer

Do you have snore tracking on? I found that drains the battery more. 

Best Answer

I would like them (Fitbit) to acknowledge faults with their products and provide timely fixes. I have two watches and the aria 2 scales and they don't last. All you get is reset the device, and they shamelessly tell you to turn off key features. The scales don't read body fat. It's a persistent problem and they have provided no response to fixing it. Let's not be  daft, they will have an idea what causes the issues through their own research. It's a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't function as it should. I no longer use my watches and my scales because they are unreliable. 

Best Answer