Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

You have done nothing to solve this situation

Jeananne hill
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeanannehill wrote:

Quit texting me i left fitbit im not doing business with u anymore

Hi @Jeanannehill - If that is the case, you may wish to delete your account, or at least unsubscribe from this thread. Otherwise, you will continue to get notifications when someone posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your damaged screen. Only Support is able to replace a damaged device. They will review your situation and provide options accordingly. Please contact them to see if you qualify for a replacement or see why one wasn't provided. 

If you wish to stop getting messages and emails from this thread please follow these instructions.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hii!! My screen just cracked (while wearing a protector), I contacted fitbit so that I could get my screen fixed and pay for it and they told me they can not repair their products???!!! this is ridiculous! am i supposed to buy a new one each time the screen cracks???? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's crazy...DOn't buy another...for a $200 product they need to offer a
solution or warranty. I think some are made faulty.
Best Answer

Its not that!! they cannot change the screen even if you are willing to pay for it!! they do not repair products! this is unacceptable! you cannot sell a product which has high changes of being cracked and then tell your costumers you cannot fix the screen! their only solution is to buy another one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my third versa since May.  My first one I took swimming and died.  How does the swimmers fitbit die?  They sent me a second one that wouldn't hold charge for over 24 hours.  They send me a third one and cracked within a week.  In the 6 months I had my fitbit for 4 of them and still problems.  Not sure why the newest one is so fragile.  Waste of $200.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just emailed Fitbit today on my Versa.  I have not dropped my fitbit or done anything that would make me think "oh, that's why it cracked".  It is a sliver of a crack, and I've had it for two months.  They told me the screen is not covered under warranty (probably because the product is defective and they don't want to be held responsible) and two they won't even let you PAY them to fix it. 

Buying a two hundred dollar product that cracked within two months and you have no other option but to buy a new one is ridiculous.  I was going to purchase my mom and mother in law one for xmas, I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere. AND I will never buy another fitbit again.  I'll suck it up and pay for a better quality product in the Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s the bit I can’t get my head around - why they don’t have a replacement screen that you can pay for. Madness.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JJD70 The form factor is too small on these watches to allow for screen replacement.  The Apple Watch is the same.

Tom
Best Answer

It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Welcome all! Robot LOL I'll be glad to assist you with your cracked screen inquiry and I appreciate all your comments and feedback. 

I checked with Support and most of you have a case with them and they are already helping you. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance and thank you for participating in our community. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
No one has recieved assistance from fitbit because you have no solution to
cracked screens other than to purchase another fitbit versa. That's not a
solution these consumers are satisfied with. You need too...i either find
a way to repair or replace these broken screens or provide insurance.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amen! This company is in shambles though. Probably won’t change. Check out
their stock.

Moderator edit removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your team already "assisted".  It appears that even when you don't drop your Fitbit, take care of it for all of two months that you've had it, take off before shower, and treat as an expensive item, it can still crack on its own.  And there is virtually nothing you can/will do about it.  

That is a huge product flaw.  I understand things happen, but you have been around and in business long enough to know that you need to have the ability to repair products.  Otherwise, maybe spend more in R&D to ensure the product lasts better.  I have already told your team that I will never purchase a Fitbit again, and I will not be purchasing the intended Christmas gifts for my Husband, Mom, and Mother-in-law.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no one reach out to me for support.

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They said they would not fix my screen so this is a waste
Jeananne hill
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments @clhawkins63@Puttes@alliezeck1209@Aprescott6@Jeanannehill.

Fitbit team constantly work to improve their products and services and I really appreciate your comments. 

@Aprescott6, I sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me!!! I’m so disappointed and terribly upset that the glass is so flimsy and they don’t warranty the Versa!!! It’s less than a month old!!!😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been wearing mine for months with no problem. However, I do not wear It to cross fit. It seems to big and awkward.  I still prefer my Alta HR. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @SaiH! It's nice to see you around. Robot LOL I apologize for the delayed response and I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your Versa. You can check our Warranty.

Thank you for your comments about your Versa @lsawyer

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes