Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is losing time and it won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Highly annoyed right now. I contacted customer support last week with this message: My Fitbit is losing time. When I sync it goes back to the right time (same time as my iPhone) but then loses 4-5 minutes within 12 hours of the sync. This started 5 days ago. FYI I have already done the following troubleshooting:
Hard reset x2
Changed the clock face x2
Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my phone
Please do NOT reply telling me to do the exact same thing that I listed above, been there, DONE THAT and nothing has corrected the issue. My Fitbit is less than 1 year old (got it 10/2019)“ 

Got a reply a few days later which gives all indications that my message was not read as they gave me instructions to literally do some of the trouble shooting steps that I ALREADY had done and stated as such in my original message. NOW the issue is even worse, as of yesterday “No device found” and not syncing AND. the time is way off. Time on my iPhone is 13:15 and the time on my versa lite device is 12:04 so now it’s 1 HOUR and 11 minutes behind. Pretty sure the solution will end up being a replacement. Waiting to hear more from customer service. I’m sure I’ll probably have to go through a couple more iterations of them telling me to do all the troubleshooting I’ve already done tho before they will determine to replace it. 😡

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81
I've been given a case number now, and await a response......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just logged out of my account and then when I logged back in I was able to sync my Fitbit and the time was corrected as well.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  I removed it from my bluetooth & now it won't sync at all. It won't reset either. This is my second fitbit versa. The 1st one died less then a year after I got it. I got the replacement in November of last year now it's acting up too. The time is off by over 6 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this exact thing just started happening to me yesterday, after 7 months of all working well.  Time on Fitbit was 10 minutes behind yesterday morning, by afternoon today it was more than an hour behind.  I have done hard restarts and now have completely done the Reset to Factory Settings.  Now my iPhone 11 and iPad both do not recognize the device on Bluetooth.  All devices are fully charged, so that is not the issue.  Please help.  I LOVE my Versa Lite (at least, I did until now...)

Best Answer
Get a refund and run away!
Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

After finally getting into support chat, they have offered me a replacement so I don't think we'll be able to resolve this issue in any tangible way. Since I have been overall happy with using Fitbit, I decided to take the replacement. Many thanks to all who provides ideas on how to solve this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now having this issue.  Purchased my Versa lite in April of this year.  I can not believe that there is 3 pages of replies with the same issue.  This is my third Fitbit, I just love FitBit that much I keep upgrading.  I am on hold to told with support, hope I get the help I need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to install mine again and it can not find the device.😢😥😪😡😡🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

All:

I’m sorry to hear you are still getting the run around on this issue. For what it’s worth, here is what I sent to the “supervisor” when he finally contacted me. “

If I could offer some advice for you to offer to the FitBit “team”, please ask the team members to actually read the customers issue from start to finish and NOT hit the response button with a preconfigured, canned email response that instructs the customer to repeat the troubleshooting steps they already did. I WAS very SPECIFIC in my correspondence from the beginning and it didn’t matter as based on the useless responses I received, my messages were not even read. Very POOR customer service that I recommend you do everything possible to correct.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I called customer service today about my fitbit after about an hour of trying everything under the sun to get it to sync nothing worked so they are sending me a replacement. They were very polite and nice. So I would try to call them and see if you can't work with them to try to get yours to sync again if not since mine was 8 months old they still replaced it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Yes after I tried everything they suggested and no progress, today, they have agreed to send me a replacement.

I just hope that works. Bit dubious as seems to be a system fault rather than actual individual fitbit fault.

Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to return my watch before they send me a new one.  They did send the free shipping label though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh OK. They didn't ask me to return mine. They've just despatched a new 'pebble'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called yesterday.  Since my originally purchased Fitbit versa didn't last a year I received a replacement in November of last year.  Now this one stopped working 8 months after I received it. I'm being told all they can do is offer me a 25% discount on my next purchase. I already ordered a new watch and was told I can not apply the discount since I already placed the order. I have to call back in when I want to make another purchase and provide the reference number to the call I made yesterday to have the discount applied to my next purchase.  SMH

Best Answer
0 Votes
At first I thought the issue was within the app after the newest update but
after working with the tech I really think the issue is within the watch.
Something with the Bluetooth. IDK for sure but what my tech was saying it
was the Bluetooth in the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read all of your posts.  As you can tell by the Versa topics, syncing and battery issues are a major problem.  If your watch is under warranty, demand a replacement.  I made the mistake of letting things drag from March until towards the end of April following their repeated suggestions.  I finally demanded a replacement, as my warranty was going to expire on May 21.  The replacement lasted one week.  The second replacement lasted 11 weeks.  Problems started last week.  They told me that the warranty was expired and they could do no more than to offer me a 25% discount on a new watch.  I told them that there was no way I would throw good money on a bad product.  If you don't get satisfaction, inform the store manager where you purchased the watch of the problems that you have had and suggest that they look at the Community forum to see how widespread the problem is.  I also wrote a store review and posted on my facebook page so that people could be aware of what they might be in for if they buy this product.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if something is going on with their network. My versa lite has been working great for the 8 months or so that I've had it, but just yesterday, it completely stopped recording my steps for no apparent reason. Reading other comments, it leads me to believe there's a system-wide hardware issue. What does everyone think?

Best Answer

As you noted, it is obvious that there is a problem.  Just about every topic is about syncing and/or battery problems.  The replacement watches that I was sent were worthless.  One lasted one week and the other ten weeks.  We are brushed off at the one year mark.  As I mentioned in my post above yours, I think we need to let the stores and potential buyers know of the problems.  I love my fitbit, but I'm done with the product until they fix the problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes