Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is losing time and it won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Highly annoyed right now. I contacted customer support last week with this message: My Fitbit is losing time. When I sync it goes back to the right time (same time as my iPhone) but then loses 4-5 minutes within 12 hours of the sync. This started 5 days ago. FYI I have already done the following troubleshooting:
Hard reset x2
Changed the clock face x2
Uninstalled and reinstalled app on my phone
Please do NOT reply telling me to do the exact same thing that I listed above, been there, DONE THAT and nothing has corrected the issue. My Fitbit is less than 1 year old (got it 10/2019)“ 

Got a reply a few days later which gives all indications that my message was not read as they gave me instructions to literally do some of the trouble shooting steps that I ALREADY had done and stated as such in my original message. NOW the issue is even worse, as of yesterday “No device found” and not syncing AND. the time is way off. Time on my iPhone is 13:15 and the time on my versa lite device is 12:04 so now it’s 1 HOUR and 11 minutes behind. Pretty sure the solution will end up being a replacement. Waiting to hear more from customer service. I’m sure I’ll probably have to go through a couple more iterations of them telling me to do all the troubleshooting I’ve already done tho before they will determine to replace it. 😡

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81
I was thinking it was a software issue, but updates have not fixed the problem. Are they not monitoring this website to see that it is a widespread issue?!
Best Answer

The same thing happened to me the 1st one died within 10 months the second one died within 8 months. I purchased a new watch then I was told about tha 25% discount but it was too late to use it. It's on my account for a future purchase 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa 2 that daily loses 10 to 15 minutes.  Also wasted hours in chat's with "Customer Support" and got the same advice.  Did the resets, forced stops, unpair, pair, and it only sync's when in the recharge cradle.  Also tried moving from my Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge to Samsung Galaxy 9 Edge and no difference, therefore it must be a malfunction with the embedded bluetooth that just doesn't function properly.  Looking at the number of complaints on this issue it's stultifying that Fitbit chooses to roll the dice with poor or no customer service on the issue and risks losing customers and also positive word of mouth.  But, it appears, they are trying very hard to do just that.  The problem began right around the 1 year warranty period and the attitude seems to be - so sorry.  Yup, have to agree with many here - it's time to change smart watch and also escalated issue with Costco who still carries this failed product.

Best Answer
I did not give up and eventually managed to speak to someone at Fitbit. They could see l had had several online chats and they gave me the option of a replacement tracker or 50% off a different Fitbit. I opted for a replacement tracker which l received within 2 days. I set it up and so far working fine. I would advise anyone with Fitbit problems not to give up, although l did waste several hours but pleased with the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes that is exactly what happened to me after I'd jumped through a few hoops. Although the replacement tracker they sent me was a refurbished one!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing a few days ago. Here’s what happened:

• On 8/20/2020, my Versa Lite was displaying the wrong time. At 10 AM, it was displaying a time of 9:50 AM. I assumed this was the result of having my phone (iPhone 6S; OS 13.6) on airplane mode for too long and reactivated the Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connections. Time shortly reset to the correct time after that.
  • Six (6) hours later, my Versa Lite was displaying the wrong time again. It was displaying a time approximately 5 minutes behind what my phone was displaying. Upon starting the FitBit app on my phone, the time corrected itself.
  • Three (3) hours later, my Versa Lite was, once again, displaying the wrong time. It was about 2 minutes behind. It corrected itself upon getting a notification from FitBit Support via Twitter.
  • Two (2) hours later, I performed a Factory Reset, per recommended by FitBit Support. Almost immediately after completing the restart, my Versa Lite was 30 seconds behind the time of my phone. Loading the FitBit app this time DID NOT correct this.
  • Overnight (approximately 7 hours later), my Versa Lite was a full 60 seconds behind my phone. Loading the FitBit app did not correct the time.
  • A few hours later, I got a Facebook notification, and the time displayed was corrected.

I have no idea what the problem here. I hope they figure out what’s going on soon.

Best Answer

I hope you have better luck with your replacement watches than I did.  One lasted one week and the other ten weeks.  If you again have trouble, don't waste time.  Call customer service immediately and do what they say, so that if you need a replacement, you can get it in while under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issues. Since I woke up this morning, my phone has gone from 75 minutes behind to almost 2 hours. It won’t sync and for awhile I couldn’t get it to turn on. Two hours with chat and the best they can offer is a discount on a new one, as my watch is out of warranty. 

Best Answer

Yup sounds about what I've been dealing with since the beginning of August.

I thought they still had a way to update/sync your fitbit by connecting it to your PC at least but NOPE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here we go again, the "replacement" device they July 2020 (convenient how this is just beyond one year...). AGAIN I've gone through EVERY TROUBLESHOOTING STEP 3 TIMES and fully expect tech support will try to get me to do them all again. Not looking forward to trying to get them to understand that I've done EVERYTHING I can and now, they actually need to provide appropriate tech support. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! 😡

Best Answer

I had the same problem . Got customer services yesterday tried all trouble shooting actions and couldn’t be sorted . Was still under warranty so they are sending out a new one .

Best Answer

Would be interested to know if you ever got a replacement and if it worked continually. I had a replacement after having exactly the same issues as you. Four months later and the replacement is doing exactly the same things. And just like you, I doubt that the messages and emails to customer support are read right through, as they keep ignoring questions I have asked, and also ignore the fact that I have tried ALL the help steps without any improvement. So I have had  two Versa Lites within ten months, and they have both been faulty.

Best Answer
My replacement Versa lite failed again with the same faults this June. Showing a very fast heartbeat and losing time. I should have got in touch with Fitbit again but l just ordered a new Fitbit luxe at my own expense and so far l am happy with this new Fitbit but will soon be in touch with Fitbit if l get any problems with this one. I did order direct from Fitbit. Do let me know how get on. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks for replying. Seems Fitbit just won't acknowledge there is a major
problem with this model
Best Answer

Hi.

I bought my fitbit versa lite and it developed all the usual faults everyone knows after about 6 months. After the usual stress of trying to deal with Fitbit, and jumping through the ridiculous hoops they make you go through, knowing full well the product won't sort itself out, they sent me a replacement which surprise, surprise, developed the same faults at 6 months . Again after lots of stress and refusal of Fitbit to even address the faults, I was sent a second replacement which has now developed exactly the same faults at 6 months. Rather than jump through the Fitbit hoops and try and be sent a FOURTH fitbit, I have now decided not to stress myself by dealing with this awful company anymore. 2 weeks ago I bought an Amazfit Bip S Lite smartwatch off Amazon for less than £40 and it is fantastic. So much better than the Fitbit versa lite. It looks good, has lots of functions and the detailed data you can access in the app is far superior to fitbit.

I think we've all fallen for the Fitbit marketing and paid high prices for watches that almost seem to be designed to fail. They treat their customers with utter contempt. It is maybe not a coincidence that so many people suddenly encounter these problems 6 months down the line. One possibility could be  deliberate obsolescence. I dont know, but the issues are widespread and are not being fixed. Fitbit, who consistently dont answer any issues when we need answers, will probably delete this message as they have done in the past when I criticised the brand.

Dont pay the cynical prices for this shoddy product.

Sent from my Galaxy

Best Answer
Thank you Violet. I will definitely look at the brand you mention, and have
told customer service here that I do not want a replacement. Good luck with
your new watch ☺️
Best Answer

I had my watch for exactly a year when the same thing happened.  My previous Alta HR was great and performed wonderfully but I cracked the screen after a fall so "upgraded" to a Versa Lite last year.  Because I saw how common this issue it on this forum and the lack of Fitbit to attempt to address it, I will not purchase another Fitbit and have discouraged my friends from the same.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I am definitely getting more and more disillusioned
by Fitbit in general. Several people have replied, and all are really fed
up with the faults. I will definitely not be buying Fitbit again
Best Answer
I agree there must be a fault with the Fitbit Lite and l should have persevered with my complaint. It is obvious there is a general fault as everyone has the same faults within a few months.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No email response, ended up calling them (tech support) and, of course, NO
acknowledgement of it being a faulty product or ownership of the issue.
Agent "sent a message to the warranty department" to pawn me off her and,
again, absolutely NO acknowledgement of an obvious faulty product. Their
solution as follows: "Although your device is not eligible for a
replacement, we would like to provide you with a 35% discount code towards
the purchase of any of the watches and trackers..."
What a racket they have going on with 0 conscious to do the absolute right
thing about their obvious faulty product and FIX THAT. I wish you good luck
getting a better response from them, doesn't seem they care about honest or
good customer support!
Best Answer