Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking distance correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Was so excited to get my Versa but at the moment somewhat a little disappointing 

I connected to GPS and went to do park run. Sadly once I finished it said I only did just over 3 ks when in fact I know for sure it was definitely 5, this then put my pace reading and time traveled out as well. Has this just become the worst purchase or is there some fix for this. I’ve adjusted stride and I know for a fact everything else was working perfectly 

Any help would be appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106
Thank you! I am going to follow your advice!

Sent from my iPhone, which has a mind of its own.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Will do!

Sent from my iPhone, which has a mind of its own.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm happy someone was helped by them. They never answered when I complained,  only an automatic reply thanking me for being a "loyal customer".  I wrote back they obviously hadn't read my complaint and never got an answer. Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My Fitbit Versa has troubles connecting to my phones GPS during runs.... so I have been tracking my runs though the phone app and then also on the watch. The result is that in my workout is however entered twice in my dashboard, and the one tracked with the phone has a map but no heart rate, while the one tracked with the watch has heart rate but then a different map, with a different map (presumably bc of what you just explained above: it does not calculate distance based on GPS but on my steps..?).

how do I reconcile the data to a single workout? How can I accurately track my run?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m very disappointed. 
im on my THIRD  versa. First one battery gave up on me, only held charge for 3/4 hours.

they sent me replacement. Second one, the screen died on me.

they replaced it, and now on number three with these tracking issues. Not very impressed. I suggest go Garmin. That’s my plan. 
this is not good enough.

p.s. The original watch bought in Jb wifi, the replacements came through the post from Shenzhen China. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I seem to be having problems again with my Fitbit versa and distance tracking. When I use the exercise function it underestimates by 0.15 miles per mile minimum, but as you can see seems to record the correct distance outside of this mode. Has there been a recent update that will account for this?

Screenshot_20191226-140430_Fitbit.jpg

Can you suggest what I might do to resolve? I'm training for an ultra and need accurate measurements

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased a versa as well and was very happy with all the features. Similarly I was annoyed with the fact the it didn’t display the correct distance when using the connected GPS as I went on a 3km run and it showed up at around 1.8km. I then resorted to the non GPS feature that tracked your distance using your steps and stride length. I manually corrected my stride length and went on a 1km run to test, and it displayed 1km exactly!!! Although this probably won’t always be 100% accurate but in my books it’s better than carrying around a phone while running which I find very annoying. This is much easier and I will be using this from now on. Best of luck to everyone.😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just gave up and return the verse hopes this helps

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer

I had this problem with my Versa 2 as well. I emailed the company a few times, (and the will work with you if you always email back) and I ended up finding the solution on my own. If you have your phone on Power Saving Mode, or if your phone is not optimized, it will not track correctly if at all. Turn that off and it might work. Also make sure to have your wifi turned off before hand, the Fitbit will try to connect with different networks resulting in inaccurate data. Hope all of this helps! Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too

05/27/20

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ahve tried every suggestion I have read, as well as through online chats; still waiting for another response as to what now??  

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your phone is on power saving mode or any mode that isn't the highest performance, that might be the reason. Also, of there is anything on your phone that is keeping the app from running in the background, that also might be a reason. I'd suggest, turning your phone on full power, allowing background apps, and even restarting beforehand. If that doesn't work, email the company, they will work with you if you reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have done all of that. I have chatted with the company many times and
tried everything they have suggested... More than once! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried ALL the trouble shooting recommendations without success. Its still a mile short since last update. My 4.3 reads 3.0 miles and the pace is way off... 3-4 min per miles. Can anyone help?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  I don't have power saving mode on.  I checked that.  Am I understanding that you turned off the wifi on your phone each time you went for a run?  I think I did that and it didn't make a difference, but I can try it again.  Did you also manually change your stride length?  

The discrepency in the distance is usually pretty consistent.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually never changed anything with stride length. I think your problem might be a direct disconnect between your phone's GPS and the tracker. 

So a few tips:

-Keep wifi off (sometimes it might try to connect to other sources)

-Make sure the fitbit app is running in your phone background 

-Make sure the tracker says that it is connected before you start your workout

-If all else fails, go on the fitbit website for directions on how to restart the tracker (you won't lose any data)

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all the suggestions with NO success. It started that last two
weeks to the best of my knowledge.... loosing at least a mile or more a day.

--
Diane
:}
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dianelivesintx and @jackski, We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your distance tracked on your Versa smartwatches while using GPS. Your time and efforts in troubleshooting your watches are appreciated.

If you haven't done so yet, please take a look at the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why ins't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and How accurate are Fitbit devices?

If you're using an Android device, keep in mind the following:

We appreciate you both have helped here @SammyP123 and @CALAIA

On a side note, if you already have an open case with our Support Team the best thing to do is to keep the conversation with them as they'll know what's the next step to follow after they do a closer look into your case.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mileage tracking and step awful! Tried everything that has been recommended on this site.

Finally borrowed my husband's Apple watch and changed necessary parameters to fit my schedule. The Apple watch was on the money as far as steps and distances were concerned. I have measured the normal distance that I walk via my car and via GPS. The Fitbit Versa 2 comes up short every time.

I would like to return the Versa to which I bought at Macy's in April. I have monitored this blog and have found no example of how to remedy the problems we all seem to be having with the Versa 2. If that's the case the moderator should be active in the blog and recommends if we could return watches that are over 45 days old because they are clearly not doing what they advertise to do. If you agree please say something! If u are thinking of switching to another product or have already bought another product and recommend it.. please do. By the way changing step-count or stride length did not remedy the issue. It's a script that Fitbit is giving their help desk..

Best Answer