Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not tracking distance correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Was so excited to get my Versa but at the moment somewhat a little disappointing 

I connected to GPS and went to do park run. Sadly once I finished it said I only did just over 3 ks when in fact I know for sure it was definitely 5, this then put my pace reading and time traveled out as well. Has this just become the worst purchase or is there some fix for this. I’ve adjusted stride and I know for a fact everything else was working perfectly 

Any help would be appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Returning mine today!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and got a Garmin Music
No problems
Annoys me I just didn’t get a Garmin first

Sent using the free mail.com iPhone App
Best Answer

Just got my versa and ran 5K yesterday and five more k today. Both days it registered the run at 3 k. Have you come up with a workable solution yet? Mine is brand new and I have a 30-day return policy.

Best Answer

I Just got my versa and ran 5K yesterday and 5k today. Both days it registered the run at 3 k. Have you come up with a workable solution yet? Mine is brand new and I have a 30-day return policy.

Best Answer
Took mine back and got an opened box apple watch series 4. It about cost the same. It was returned after Christmas because it was the wrong color. I got the cellular one so I don’t need to bring my phone. Yay!!!
I also didn’t like that I couldn’t get the automatic pause to work on the Versa. When I asked about it they didn’t give me an answer on how to fix it.
Try best buy for after Christmas deals on the Apple Watch if your interested. 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks,

I also took mine back ans with the Gear as I have a Samsung phone, works
way better the the fit bit.
Best Answer
Thanks. Mine is going back. Unfortunately, I'm an Android user.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid
Best Answer
My workable solution after following all of their suggestions was to return
it. I worked an 8 hour shift where I barely sat down the entire night &
was moving like crazy, but the Fitbit said I slept the entire 7 hours & 48
minutes.
--
~Lauren
Best Answer

I cannot believe I didn’t read the reviews before buying! Distance measurement is such a basic and indispensable feature, and Fitbit have done nothing about this for over 12 months!

Feeling like a fool. Returning it tomorrow and never again. Bye, bye

Best Answer
I had a problem  but since the latest software update which solved the °C/miles issue, my distance tracking is working ok again.J

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm new to fitbit and have the versa. I'm having trouble getting accurate recording of runs. My fitbit records distances short but when the data syncs on my phone it is accurate. I will try turning off wifi on my phone as suggested, fitbit - please answer the following;

I hope I don't need to take my phone with me on runs as the idea is to use a fit bit independently?

When I use the "run" setting on the versa, I get stats once finished but I can't seem to retrieve the data afterwards on versa or phone, is this possible?

Do I need to enter my stride distance?

Any other useful advice to ensure data is accurate?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned my Versa and got the Charge 3.  It tracks distance correctly, even when indoors. It's also swim proof. I'm completely satisfied. I think the Versa is a good looking watch, but inadequate for a runner's needs. BTW, the Charge 3 is less expensive and the replacement bands (different colors) are extremely affordable off Amazon.

Best Answer
Good luck. After a month of following their suggestions, my Versa did not
accurately track my distance or sleep. I worked a third shift & barely sat
down all night. My Versa said I slept 7 hours & 48 minutes! Happier now
that I took it back
--
~Lauren
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine went back to the store too

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa shows 3miles total today and after syncing with the app, the app shows over 4miles, both for today. Nice huh? Chat agent after 45min of never understanding asked for pics. I told her it would disconnect us. She said she’d send an email if we got disconnect. Surely I didn’t believe it & surely she did not send an email. Distance is often inaccurate, but to have the watch & app say different info is pretty bad. How have they become so popular?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, here I am after being a long time Fitbit owner, most recently over a few years, the Fitbit charge. Like others, I was so excited to purchase the Fitbit Versa, after observing friends with the Apple Watch. I am a rower, primarily, and so I am used to the steps showing less than the actual rowing workout - I am OK with that because I got used to it and adjusted.

But today, I wore my Versa for the first time while rowing. I went farther than my usual row, and rowed hard for a good deal of the row. After a 10k row, it showed only a 3.500 or so steps. On my Fitbit charge, this would have been almost double . What a huge disappointment.

So, I am here, reaching out in the Fitbit community but I am not sure - does anything get resolved here, or do we just vent with no results? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A wasteland of venting. I returned my Versa months ago. So disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely

Best Answer
0 Votes
Vent no results
Return it

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is just a place to vent. I returned my Versa because of this issue
last year. Credit to Fitbit for taking the device and accessories back
after I had it for about six months.

It seems that the company isn't doing anything to fix the problem. I'd
return it and move on.

I went back to my Charge HR and hoping they do a Versa with built in GPS.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes