Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa suddenly died, no reaction to charge or reset. 

Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203
I commented months ago about me having the same issue. I replaced it with the versa 2 and so far so good BUT.... I didn’t throw my old one away as a just in case. I thought I’d give it a go the other week and i chucked it on charge and then it actually turned on again after pushing the button. It’s been months just sitting there and now it works again. Gave it to my child and no issues as yet. Won’t be doing another update on it though just in case

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I fought the urge to replace my dead Versa with the Versa 2. I really did like it and it did everything I needed it to, but ultimately it was just too much money to take another chance on. I bought the Apple Watch series 3 this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same thing! Battery says 0%. Ordered a new Charger from Amazon and it still won’t charge. Can anyone help? When I push all 3 buttons it says 0% but will not charge. Thank you!

Best Answer

why the hell you guys give template replies. where there is no solution. we should be filing a legal complaint on this. you guys don't have option to repair the faulty fitbit. what non sense is this.

And we get a great suggestion from your customer support "please recycle your fitbit" this is great value for money 

Best Answer

Tip 1 Always buy your Fitbit from a reputable shop. If you Live in UK you automatically get a 2 year warranty with any Fitbit. You do not have to pay extra for this.

Tip 2 my experience is Fitbit’s last approx 2 years. I’m onto my 3rd one all replaced under the 2 year warranty.

I tried to replace my dead Periwinkle coloured Versa via Fitbit. They only offered me a boring black one,,, so I reverted to my UK 2 year warranty and had it replaced by next day delivery with the shop I originally purchased it from. John Lewis, I paid a small amount to upgrade to the Versa 2. Let’s hope it lasts more than 2 years otherwise yet again I shall have to exercise the 2 year warranty.

Sadly I was not impressed with Fitbit’s response which was to ignore my emails and put the phone down on me when they were unable to replace it. 
Full marks to JOHN LEWIS. 

Best Answer
That's exactly what happened with my Fitbit charge! I even ordered a new
charger as well and still nothing. The company just told me ,well just buy
a new one and we will give you 20 % discount if you upgrade! 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

We're sorry to hear that you went through that situation with your Fitbit Versa smartwatches. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

Additionally, our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

If you just joined this thread and still have issues with your watch not turning on or charging, I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset on the Versa Lite or Versa 2 (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

For Versa, the steps for a factory reset are:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be waiting for your reply if further assistance is needed.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree here, I haven’t even had my Versa for a full 2 years and it’s been DEAD for months. I’ve tried cleaning the charger and the watch itself and still nothing! I got my watch as a birthday gift and I’ve had a lot of different issues with this watch! I definitely will never purchase a Fitbit again. They don’t seem to have good customer service either. For the money you shell out for these watches and they can’t even last 2 full year’s is absolutely ridiculous! What a waste of money!!

Best Answer

Hi there @Ren81, welcome on board. I am sorry to hear your Versa is no longer charging. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I understand where you're coming from. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, we're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just gonna leave this comment here for everyone who sees this thread as a warning to not try to get a Versa or for that matter any other FITBIT product. Definitely don't try the factory reset recommended from the Settings App, that killed mine. My Versa was working great for 15 months, until advised to do a Factory Rest to solve a syncing glitch by the FitBit support resources.  Versa was immediately dead after the rest while it was 100% charged just before that. No amount of tricks or fixes would bring it back.  Customer support response for a clearly faulty firmwear is "Sorry you need to buy a new one as you are out of warranty". so for the money I paid , the product lifecycle is 15 months?  , is that even a Product anyone would want to own ?  and you'd expect after the product fails because of a clear product issue that I would go ahead and buy a new one, Why would I do that! I am sure I don;t want to invest in a company that does not want to invest in customers satisfaction and a product that they can actually stand behind. my money and my business is going elsewhere

Moderator Edit: formatting 

Best Answer

Hi @namounir, welcome to the Community Forums. 

First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your Versa. Our warranty provides replacements for devices deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase and please trust that Fitbit's mission is to empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be. This is also the reason we tried to check for the possible options that we can provide you based from your warranty.

If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps to fix your watch and contacted our Support Team, but are not satisfied or agree with the resolution of your case, please get in touch with our them again or you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around it there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Why does FitBit treat this issue as a case by case warranty issue while ignoring the larger, obvious issue that this is fairly widespread firmware issue affecting a significant number of Versa owners? My Versa was working fine until the firmware update, just as others are reporting and then after the firmware update it was effectively bricked.

Best Answer

Hi @bcgav.

We understand where you’re coming from and we acknowledge that this is not the resolution you were looking for. Your feedback will be taken into consideration for us to improve our services, and warranty policies in the future.

Please know that when a Fitbit devices is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services.

We hope for your understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach us again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Fitbit go black several times in the past week.  I got it to recover by charging but it continued to go black.  Now it is staying black and none of the remedies have worked.  One of the remedies doesn't make sense because it refers to a bottom button - for the versa there are only right and left buttons.  I read all the entries while holding all 3 buttons so well over 3 minutes but got nothing.

A bummer because it failed while I was proceeding with my record of 58 straight days of over 10 K steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My Versa 2 will not display.  I've reset it twice and it still goes black after 2 days or so.  My app shows the Versa 2 is fully charged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa was getting low on battery very quickly and suddenly.. yesterday at the middle of a workout it stop measuring my HR. It went dead shortly after. It kame back to life  after 3-4 hours of charging and the 3 button reset. In the evening it was almost empty again and it started to get really really hot. I took it out and died again. I didn’t tried to charge it again.. I’m afraid it explodes or so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what is Fitbit doing regarding all these extremely negative outcomes of
their versa watches? It seems like they have set them to self destruct like
they used to do with a tape given to a spy before his assignment. 🤔😞
Best Answer

I have tried this and my fit bit versa screen is completely black yet it is still tracking on my phone. It will not reset nor will any logo appear. 
What can I do next?

Kemkat

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree it does seem like a Mission Impossible scenario. My Versa was 2
years old but the intermittent then total failure was unexpected.

What is Fitbit doing about it - all that I can tell is they are marketing
their new versions.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They have not replied as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes