Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recieved my versa 2.5 mths ago and after chargingbit last night the touch screen no longer responds.ni have restarted it multiple times by holding down the side and bottom bittbu until the fit bit symbol comes on but cannot reset from the Settings option on the phone because that requires the use of a touch screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Hi @McSheena Try doing a factory reset. If you continue to have problems after that, please come back here.

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have tried the steps you mentioned and it only fixes the issue with the
touch screen temporarily... I need to reset the watch multiple times a day
to get the screen to respond to touch.
Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

@McSheena It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your Versa's screen isn't working and thank you for following @NellyG 's instructions. Since the issue persist please let our support team know about it so they can further assist you. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Yup this is taken care of!!

They ended up replacing the versa for me 🙂

Thanks
Best Answer

@McSheena thank you for the update and sorry for the late reply. Happy to hear that your device was replaced by Support and hopefully you are already back on track getting all those steps.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I got the same issue. That means this issue is not isolated. I purchased mine May 4 and received May 10. Now I have the same problem. How I wish I didn’t choose to be cheap that day and instead bought the Apple Watch. Fitbit makes me lose my sanity. It’s annoying.

Best Answer
Hi there!

I contacted them and they worked with me and finally sent me a replacement
that I have zero issues with. Definitely reach out to them!!
All the best
Best Answer

I just got a replacement in the mail bc the “back” button wasn’t working on my 11 month old Versa. Just spent almost 45 mins loading the new one and realized the touch screen doesn’t work at all. So frustrating. Tried the factory reset, no luck. Will have to call them tomorrow as it’s too late now

Best Answer
Freaking Fitbit is a piece of trash I guess.
--
Sent from my iphone
Best Answer

Hi! This is the 2nd year I have my Fitbit Versa.

on the first year, my Fitbit Versa completely died on me. Since I was under warranty, they sent me a new one.

this 2nd year, my Fitbit versa’s touchscreen is unresponsive. I contacted customer service and they told me to do the factory reset, clock change & reset troubleshoot procedure. None worked. They told me since I’m not under warranty anymore, they could not do anything for me. I just have to replace it. 

This was disappointing. It made me believe that Fitbit really has an intended expiration date to force you to buy another one. 

Anyway, luckily, I remembered that I had the old defective model from the 1st year. I went to an electronic repair shop. They managed to switch the LCD screens. My Fitbit Versa touchscreen is once again responsive.

Fitbit should give us more options since their items are easily broken:

(1) longer warranty 

(2) an official service providor

(3) options to buy spare parts 

The option to buy another Fitbit bec it’s broken and no longer under warranty will just make you lose customers. I’d be going with Apple Watch if I didn’t get to fix this. There’s a lot of credit card promos out there so the purchase would be in monthly installments and affordable. 

Please step up on your service and item quality! 

Best Answer

You might be on to something.  My fitbit died just days after the warranty expired.  I am going to call and see if I can get a replacement anyway.

Best Answer

I'm having a similar problem. It started with my fitbit dying. When I charged it back up, only half the screen responded to touch. Now none of it does and the screen is blank. The problem occurred later for me than most other people who have had the problem. Hope this can be fixed soon. I really liked my Versa. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  Contact Support   Fitbit Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Update: they replaced mine no questions asked.  I'm glad they did because I would have replaced it with a Samsumg only to learn of the new, forthcoming Versa a week later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing with mine - it's about a year old
Reset several times including factory reset. Now what Fitbit? Will you replace it?

People here saying it's a trash device - For $250 or whatever it was you'd expect a bit more...

Best Answer

Hello, 

What number did you contact? My touch screen won’t work either even after all the resetting I read and followed. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Best Answer

I contacted via email - they wouldn't do anything as the device had been out of warranty for 2 months
No - None - Nothing NO SOLUTION OFFERED
Their "customer support" did however offer me 20% off some P0S device
I would rather buy a apple watch or samsung or something else
Let's all be real here and not kid ourselves, the versa looks and feels cheap. 

Best Answer
I contacted their customer service number. I don’t remember which one but
I found it in google.
--
Sent from my iphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is over 2 yrs old, out of warranty, and both left side "back" button and touch screen won't work. Button has been out of commission for quite a while; screen about 6 months.  If I accidentally brush it, have to let it sit without moving and it will sometimes go back to home screen.  Last night, it didn't and this morning it won't start. 

Advice is to restart or factory reset, but have to have a functioning back button for this.  Tried cleaning the back button as suggested.  I took my old Charge 2 out of the drawer, charged it, set it up on the APP, and works fine even after sitting in a drawer for over 2 years.  

I won't get another Versa, even if it is pretty. (I liked the colorful clock faces. . . )

Best Answer