Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recieved my versa 2.5 mths ago and after chargingbit last night the touch screen no longer responds.ni have restarted it multiple times by holding down the side and bottom bittbu until the fit bit symbol comes on but cannot reset from the Settings option on the phone because that requires the use of a touch screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I'm still having the issue. It's been happening for months. I talked to a Fitbit service provider and she said she would take it to their insurance company. This was a month ago.🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, my second one worked great for about 2 weeks then without any updates or changes the connected GPS tracked correctly but the distance was way off, on a 5km walk it would report around 3km. It has now been sent back to Amazon for a refund and I've ordered a Fossil Gen 5 instead

Best Answer
0 Votes
MY Versa is now working fine. As recommended in an earlier thread, I turned off the screen auto-on when notion detected. That fixed the problem. Now I have to click the left button or touch the screen to turn on the screen, but I see that as a small inconvenience. Prior to changing this setting to OFF, the screen was no longer accepting any touch commands, rendering the Versa near useless.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!

Fitbit finally released an update and it works perfectly fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bro I got the same issue the touchscreen is not working on my fitbit versa I bought it a few months back .I tried a lot of this like reset and the steps given above but none of them worked could u please help me with that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please help me to contact them as I got the same issue 

My fitbit versa touchscreen is not responding I bought it a few months ago 

Could you please help me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the screen wake to manual... you can do it from the watch or from the app and synchronizing the changes...

In the app go to your Versa and disable "quick view"  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention... after doing that, make sure you get the last firmware update (this issue has been fixed

My Versa is running the firmware version 32.70.8.0 and it works ok

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine working again...a weird fix, resetting didn’t work, traditional cleaning didn’t work, Customer support was not helpful etc. etc. But, I got the watch completely drenched when I went running in a downpour and when I came back the screen started working again. I think there may have been salt residue on the surface and edges of the screen that effected the touchscreen performance, that the recommended cleaning didn’t remove. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bro plz help me replace it I did everything that I could do but nothing
happened
So I request you to help me replace my watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try these steps before getting it replaced:

Restart (hold side button)

Install the latest update (in the app)

Let it die and stay dead for 2 to 3 days

If none of this works contact via live chat. I got mine replaced for free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've followed these instructions to reset my Versa in hopes that the screen will start to work again. I haven't had any luck. My watch did reset but the touchscreen is still unresponsive. What is my next option? It's never been wet and it's no longer under warranty because I've had it since 2018. I had problems with it shutting off last year multiple times and finally was able to get help through Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there I have the same problem with my Versa Fitbit which is just over a year old. I believe it is still within the two year warrenty period. How do I proceed from here as I have tried factory resets which have provided no improvement.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, I did reboot many times and still not working🙄🙄

Best Answer

Is not about reboot, you need to disable the screen wake up (it turns on when you move you hand) and then install the latest firmware.
btw: you can do this from the mobile app

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the latest firmware...I've got Firmware Version 36.128.4.17

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with mine

read and tried all suggested but nothing solved it.

Mine is more than 2 years old and there is no warranty anymore.

very disappointed again in fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes