Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recieved my versa 2.5 mths ago and after chargingbit last night the touch screen no longer responds.ni have restarted it multiple times by holding down the side and bottom bittbu until the fit bit symbol comes on but cannot reset from the Settings option on the phone because that requires the use of a touch screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I was experiencing the same problem. I followed the recommendations about restoring the devices with the factory setting and after a while started failing again... 

I also tried reinstalling the app in my phone and removing the device from my profile... but nothing worked.

However, when I disabled the "continuous synchronization" I have never had this problem again. So far 2 days without any issue with the touch screen responsiveness. (after a factory reset it never worked more than 1 hour)

I bet it has to do with memory or CPU resources being used extensively due to the synch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmmm, Are you talking about the "Always Connected" or "All day Sync"
thing. I will give it a shot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct.

Reboot your versa, disable those features a do a manual synch

Best Answer

Also my watch faced this problem !!!

and I follow your instructions !! 
what can I do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t know why it happens with my watch !!

i buy just before 2 months !!!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact fitbit most likely they will replace

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing the same issue, factory reset didn't help.

How can this be addressed?

Best Answer

Bad news... after a week, the touch screen stop working again... 

It gets to work from time to time... I have tried everything that I mentioned but does not work. (I havent found a pattern... dont know if it is hardware issue or what... )

I dont know why Versa firmware does not get any update, my wife's Versa Lite gets updates more frequently.

Does Fitbit stop supporting Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and I have tried to reset it and it still don’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I got a firmware upgrade (32.70.7.27) I was dreaming about this because I thought it was the fix for the touch screen issue... however, it is still not working.

it works from time to time, and I manage to set the quick access in the buttons... however, it is a useless smart watch without the touch screen.

Does anybody knows if Fitbit has support in Argentina? (or maybe Latin America)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have some updates:
After changing how the screen will wake from auto to manual I havent had touchscreen issues any more. So far 24hs without failing.
You can also change it from the mobile app-- > go to your device and disable "quick view" then sync 

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2, bought in February, it updated to the latest software when first switched on. About 2 weeks ago it started to restart by itself a few times throughout the night (I had sleep mode on auto) but I could feel it buzz when it restarted and it would show the Fitbit logo. In the morning the touch screen was unresponsive, everything else worked apart from the touch part. Holding the button in restarted it and it would then work. This was happening every night/morning. It then started not to work during the day, I would have to press the button to turn the screen off then on for it to work sometimes. I have activated always on and upto now it has worked all the time. I also have an issue with it not calculating the correct distance walked/run when using connected GPS. It was purchased in the UK through Amazon, it is now being returned and replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was a good tip, thanks! Touch screen started to work immediately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm done with FitBit.  Screen and buttons only work intermittently.  I have to reset several times a day.  Tried the factory reset, now it won't come on at all.  Battery was at 90%.  FitBit really needs to get their act together.  A waste of $140.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this many times and no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You Valory are a genius. I was ready to throw out my slightly more than 1 year old Versa as the touch screen was working only 10% of the time. As per your advice, I changed my Screen Wake setting to MANUAL and voila! My Versa appears as right as rain. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Buyer beware...I have the same issue, which couldn't be resolved.  My versa screen stopped working after updating the firmware.  It was a month past the warranty date (odd timing, seemed somehow related to the firmware as I haven't done changed anything else).  Apparently the screen failure issue is widespread (according to the tech I spoke with).  I was offered 25% off a future purchase, but if the watch only lasts a year...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read references to top and bottom buttons on the right side of the Versa and have even seen visuals of where they are supposed to be.  However, mine has no such buttons -- nothing other than the one on the left. Mine only sporadically responds to the touch screen and I have no way to reset it.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi susaninmontana,

It sounds like you have a Versa 2 which only has the one button on the left.

To restart the watch hold the left button in, keep it held in and it will restart showing the Fitbit logo.

Or to shutdown, and then restart or to factory reset you can do the following provided the touch screen is working.

On the watch go to settings, scroll to the bottom to about, click on about, scroll to the bottom again and you will see shutdown and factory reset options.

When your screen is working try turning your screen wake to manual instead of auto to see if this helps ( settings, then screen wake)

Hope this helps.

As mine (Versa 2) was only 2 months old I sent it back to Amazon who replaced it, and this one is perfect even the connected GPS is spot on.

I think what messed mine up was changing the clock face to one's that were not made by Fitbit, I noticed that the day I changed to one specific clock face it kept restarting during the night and unresponsive screen in the morning which took a restart for it to work, even removing the clock face and a factory reset didn't help as it would become unresponsive on auto wake  

Hope this helps

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am where you at, did you ever get your watch to work ?

Best Answer
0 Votes