Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recieved my versa 2.5 mths ago and after chargingbit last night the touch screen no longer responds.ni have restarted it multiple times by holding down the side and bottom bittbu until the fit bit symbol comes on but cannot reset from the Settings option on the phone because that requires the use of a touch screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Same problem here! i asked for a replacement September 12th and still nothing!

Best Answer

do a live chat with fitbit support

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did. this is how i initially started the claim and then they sent me emails. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sheena,

I am also facing the same issues .

Can you please let me know how to contact the service center or customer service ,I have tried emailing .

Can you please let me know the Phone number to contact .

Best Answer
do a live chat with Fitbit support
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent 2 hours on chat with customer service, had me resetting a three times but the firmware keeps getting stuck upon updating. I took great care of my device, which I bought April 2018 right when it got out and they just offered me a 25% discount to buy a new one. Why would my device all of a sudden have the firmware malfunction? Really disappointing

Best Answer

I'm having similar issues. I've only had my fitbit for a month or two and it started having problems registering the heart rate. Now the touch screen isn't working. I'm regretting buying this now and may see if I can return it as it's still probably within the 45 days...

Best Answer

I tried updating my firmware yesterday on my versa and since then the screen has been stuck showing a blinking versa logo and update status bar. I tried restarting several times but nothing changed. Today I called fitbit support and we attempted the factory reset process which did not work. This is BTW a versa they replaced for me after the first one failed. Unfortunately for me, the warranty apparently expired in June. Their solution was to offer me a coupon for a percentage off a new device. Why they think I would want to throw more money at an ongoing problem, I do not know. 

Best Answer

So I'm not the only one with this issue. This started to happen to me yesterday.  It would not respond. 

I did the restart like this thread suggested but then it only worked for a few minutes. Then the watch started to restart in its on. It's kind of scary. 

I'm going to try a factory reset soon

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue. 

1. August 2018, received original Fitbit versa. 

2. August 2019, versa becomes unresponsive and won't turn on despite attempts to reset. Fitbit support tells me I'm outside my warranty window but still sends me a replacement. 

3. November 2019, replacement versa stops tracking floors climbed

4. December 2019, replacement versa begins resetting itself several times per day, touch screen doesn't work. Support says I'm outside of my warranty (I guess it didn't reset when they sent the replacement) and that the best they can do is offer 25% off. 

I guess these devices really are just meant to last a year to ensure you're always buying the latest one. 

Looking into Apple and Samsung options....

Best Answer

Hey I'm sorry about the issue you're getting. 

My fitbit will not turn on! The screen is completely dead. And based on this forum it looks like it's a very well known issue 😞

Best Answer

I had the EXACT same issue.  The factory reset failed to fix the problem.  Unfortunately, Fitbit refused to replace my 5-month-old device l, a replacement for my first Versa that was toast.  I am NOT a happy customer.  After 5 1/2 years, and 3 of my 4 Fitbits becoming suddently faulty, I'm done!

Best Answer

I tried this and now I can't turn it back on at all. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Same with me with exactly a one year old device. And I did also the factory reset. Not only their products are  very low quality (i must be at 4 or 5 devices that failed over the past 6 or 8 years) but on top of that they ignore their customers, waste their time doing useless procedure and let them in the dust when that does not work. Maybe Google will reset the executive team over there as a company that does not care about its own faithful customers is a company that has no future. 

Best Answer

Same with me with exactly a one year old device. And I did also the factory reset. Not only their products are  very low quality (i must be at 4 or 5 devices that failed over the past 6 or 8 years) but on top of that they ignore their customers, waste their time doing useless procedures. Maybe Google will “reset” the executive team over there as a company that does not care about its own faithful customers is a company that has no future. 

Best Answer

Hi there, 

I have tried and failed many times to perform the factory reset following the above instructions. My touch screen stopped working and I am unable to do a factory reset any other way. Suggestions please. 

Thank you

Best Answer

Facing similar issue since past week. Versa touch screen stopped responsive. some time it does work for few second and again same problem of sluggish response or no response.

Fitbit needs to fix this. I have also share multiple videos ro fitbit but they said they cant replace since its it has crossed the warranty period of 1 year. If it cant be replace then they should look into this so other will not face similar issue.

Best Answer

I wonder if this is the reason the versa 1 was discontinued so fast and the versa 2 came out at the exact same price point...

I guess use versa 1 buyers are kind of out of luck and have to hope our replacements don't burn out on us too

Best Answer
I think that you have a great point!
Mine died 1 week after warranty and I have no time to record videos and spend time on the phone with the support team. Fitbit should have plenty of stats to know that they have a product issue. They choose to ignore it. Their call.

Fabien
Best Answer

Can someone help to fix this issue as early as possible. 

I have done reset many time, unpair many time, Factory/Hard reset 2 time.

After Factory reset it work perfectly fine for sometime. Again same issue where touchscreen is not responsive at all.

Fitbit needs to look at this bug. Because watch behaves perfectly fine from the sensor and data gathering part. Only problem is touchscreen not working. We can only use FITBIT app for anything we wish to do..

I have sent couple of videos to fitbit as well, they just responded that it is not under warranty. because it i bought it in october 2018.

What i suspect is this is pure bug from software, because after factory reset it work fine for some time. they should provide proper patch to fix this.

Best Answer