Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touch screen stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recieved my versa 2.5 mths ago and after chargingbit last night the touch screen no longer responds.ni have restarted it multiple times by holding down the side and bottom bittbu until the fit bit symbol comes on but cannot reset from the Settings option on the phone because that requires the use of a touch screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

There is no fix.  My Versa had been doing this for 7-8 weeks.  I tried EVERYTHING they recommended, MULTIPLE times.  It also cycles thru the battery now in 20-24 hours...instead of 3 1/2 - 4 days.

I bought my Mom a Versa Lite for Christmas & have to return it becaue the heartrate monitor doesn't work properly, as is apparently another common problem.  I'm SO frustrated by Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Got mine 11/2018. Watch started glitching literally 11/2019 and now is unresponsive to touch. Sure seems fishy that all of us are having issues. I was about to buy a Versa 2; after reading all of this and the lack of response on FitBit’s part, I will try a new brand. They need to step up the customer service and do something instead of saying you’re out of warranty. Not a successful way to run a company. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

I got my Versa 2 for Christmas and it just happened to me. Will try all the tips you got. Fingers crossed it will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. I bought mine 1st January 2020. 

touch screen is no responsive. Tried restarting issue still happens. 

the issue started yesterday 

update- tried factory reset 

problem still is occurring 

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with support and had the same exact problem. This is the 4th Fitbit product (hr malfunctioned and replaced and then upgrade to versa which malfunctioned within months and was replaced). Now touchscreen doesn’t respond and watch out of warranty. So frustrating!! While I loved my versa it may be time to shell out the money for an Apple Watch, aarrgghh. Doesn’t matter how great a product is if it doesn’t work consistently.

Best Answer

Haven't been able to get it working. Tried a few time with buttons factory reset method. Now mostly hang with just the fitbit logo on screen. If not the touch screen is not working. Have only been using fitbit versa for slightly more than a year. 😩🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine does the same.

i have to reset it through the day to get the touch screen to work. i have contacted support and they have told me to do a factory reset and if that doesn't help contact them back. My watch is only 2  months old.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Versa 2 and it drains my battery in almost 24 hours. My watch is only 1 month old. I've done a factory reset and uninstalled all non-fitbit created apps and watch faces and it didn't help.

After some trial and error, I noticed that this is caused by the Screen Wake Auto Wake (Motion) setting. If I set the screen wake setting to Manual (Button), my battery usage is back to normal and I don't have any issues at all with the touch screen not responding. It's been a couple days since my last soft restart and my touch screen is working perfectly. As soon as I change the screen wake back to Auto Wake, I get the not responsive error within hours.

Can a mod let me know if this is a hardware or firmware issue? I'd like to know if I need to get my watch replaced since this isn't acceptable for a brand new watch.

Best Answer
I have no switched my screen wake to manual to see if that helps my screen.
But shouldn’t it auto both ways?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue but it seems to be a software issue, not a hardware issue. I tried switching to the always-on display (instead of the display turning on when you turn your wrist) and it completely fixed the issue for me, the screen responds to every touch. Probably not what you want to hear if you want the battery to last a really long time, but I can still get multiple days out of it and it's working fine.

Best Answer

Thanks a lot for sharing Valory. This is a great tip but, ironically, I am left with a problem: how do you change the auto wake setting without the touch screen functioning anymore? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t even get back into settings on my watch. Touch not working even in multiple factory resets.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @AlexKven ! That worked for me as well and it's an acceptable work-around until fitbit pushes out a bug fix (hopefully).

@Fabiwn I was able to get my touch screen to work again by soft resetting the watch (hold the side button for 10 seconds). Hope this works for you too!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I will give it a try.
Best Answer
Oh dear. I tried the contacting support they also suggest factory reset
which I have been doing with no success.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, getting touch to work is difficult. For me I got touch working by breathing on it creating steam, since I noticed it tended to work when it was outside for a few minutes and small amounts of moisture was building up on the screen (not sure why that was because it seems to be a software issue). This would intermittently make touch work, so I slowly made my way over to the screen settings to try to adjust those to see if they could fix the issue (and they did).

In any case, if that doesn't work for you, then you can try the factory reset and hurry to change the screen setting first thing while touch is working so that you'll be set right away. Certainly better than having to get a new device.

Best Answer

Nothing worked fitbit replaced my device 

Best Answer

I’ve done the factory reset and the screen still is not working I can’t even get past the quick tips screen

Best Answer
Do a soft reset but holding down the left and lower-right buttons until you
see the Fitbit symbol. Then update the settings to manually turn on the
watch instead of auto. After two months of constant issues, that fixed the
problem! Sad that Fitbit couldn't have been the one to figure that out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol, and I cannot factory reset, since the factory reset requires me to reach to the settings screen and select it,  it's not possible to factory reset from the app.

Best Answer