Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

My watch is already set to all-day sync. It doesn’t help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google Pixel - latest 8.1 Android version 

Fitbit app is up to date

Fitbit firmware is up to date 

All day Sunday is on

Always connected is on

If I want my Fitbit to sync, I need to restart my phone AND restart my Fitbit. Only then will it sync (I've tried cutting Bluetooth for 10 seconds, etc etc etc) 

I really like the watch and the features, but this is probably the worst problem to have with tech that tracks things.

Is there any ETA on a fix? Do I need to get this watch replaced? Because restarting my phone and my watch everyday just to get it to sync is really bothersome.

Best Answer

Syncing is extremely flaky for me too. Tried pretty much everything.  Nothing can get it into a stable state.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

Best Answer

Just changed my versa at JBHifi for a brand new Versa . My husband told me to get a different one but I actually love the versa just wish Fitbit would take ownership and admit they got it wrong . They haven’t replied to me regarding this . The manager in JB said it sounds like an app issue and not hardware and once Fitbit sort the app then all our versas should work as intended. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to talk to a Fitbit rep yesterday and he had me return the Versa to factory settings and I downloaded an update. Mine was not syncing and every day I had to reset it multiple times and turn my iPad off and on to get it to sync every morning. This morning it worked perfectly. Maybe a phone call can help them walk you through your issue. I got my Fitbit in April and have had trouble since I got it. I’m hoping this recent fix will stick!
Alivia 49
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is very flaky. ANnoying as husbands is fine. Done a factory reset once and lost 2 days of data. Then synced fine if a little flaky on connection for a few days now back to not being able to setup again having not synced half of today and me done all suggested solutions. Love the device just wish sync was more reliable - and I have tried on iOS & windows 10. Hanging on 4 digit code on app on iPhone again as it was 5/6 days back. Suspect I am about to have to do a factory reset again which is very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many others I also have had many syncing issues with the Versa. Got really frustrated and removed the versa from my phone and re-synced my old charge 2 which I never had any problems with. Now my charge 2 will not sync either. Now I am wondering it it is something with the fitbit app not the tracker. Still frustrated so I went back to my garmin without any syncing issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm thinking this too, I've been going into Android settings, apps, finding the Fitbit app and force closing it.  This has been addressing the syncing issues until it happens again, usually a day later.  My Moto G  phone only has 2 gigs of RAM, so maybe that has something to do with it, who knows!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called on June 10th and did the whole factory reset and installed the update. It synced fine yesterday and today I had to go through the reset twice and had to shut down my iPad once before it synced! I’m calling them back today to report the issue! I just can’t figure out why they haven’t fixed this issue by now! Good Luck with yours!!
Alivia 49
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ended up doing factory reset and whole update again last night. I do try force closing app, restarting Versa, restarting phone etc before doing reset but just seems to be flaky as anything. Oddly my husband's Versa is fine....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, sorry to hear that you are still having issues with syncing your Versa watches. I would like to suggest you try refreshing the link between your phones and your Versa. Start by going to the bluetooth area on your phone and remove all the devices listed there (not only the Versa but all). Restart your phone and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

When syncing make sure there aren't other bluetooth devices nearby as they may interfere with the sync and also disable the all day sync. Feel free to try the other suggestions already shared here and if you are using a custom clockface try using an official Fitbit one for a few days to see how your watch behaves. 

Let me know how it goes!
Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Unbelievable!

Best Answer

I agree with everyone else in this thread.  My Charge worked fine for 2 years, never had a problem synching.  Now my new Versa was able to synch for a few days, then stopped.  I've tried deleting the old Fitbit, restarting everything, still no results.  The app finds my Versa, but that's as far as it goes.  Very frustrated and ready to send it back.

Update:

I've done that many times, it finds the new Versa, but that is as far as it gets.  It just says..."connecting to Tracker" for hours on end.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear your frustration my 2 trackers did the same thing. Could be found but the syncing wheel went on for ever. What I finally did was un-install the versa and the charge 2 from my phone and un-stalled the fitbit app also. Waited about 30 minutes while my versa and phone got to 100% charged. Then I re-installed the fitbit app on my phone then re-installed the versa device to the app. Had to do it twice before it would sync. So far it is syncing just fine. Worth the try as I love the Versa features. Hope that helps you also. Hope I just did not jinx myself. LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same problems, I bought mine through take a lot, I had it sent
back and they sent me a new one, my new one works perfectly every time, I
already have it for a week, and haven't had an inch of a problem, I think
there is a couple of versa's that is just faulty, I bought 2 a month ago,
one for me and one for my husband, mine gave problems since the 1st setup,
my husband's versa struggled now and then to sync the first week, but after
the fitbit app newer version a couple of weeks ago it is syncing just fine!
Our versa's even works on a non compatible phone. So I will recommend
sending your faulty versa's back for another one!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and thank you for keep reporting this issue.

@Wallendorf@Cnynurse, I appreciate you have took the time to report you were able to sync your Fitbit Versa after all your efforts to troubleshoot this issue or after receiving a replacement. 

@Kiss-i-mmee@GladLdn I'm wondering how it goes for you. Is the issue still persisting? I'm wondering which mobile phone are you using? Make sure your phone are listed as compatible as it was mentioned here.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. If you are using Android, a majority of phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone, sorry to hear that you are still having issues with syncing your Versa watches. I would like to suggest you try refreshing the link between your phones and your Versa. Start by going to the bluetooth area on your phone and remove all the devices listed there (not only the Versa but all). Restart your phone and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

When syncing make sure there aren't other bluetooth devices nearby as they may interfere with the sync and also disable the all day sync. Feel free to try the other suggestions already shared here and if you are using a custom clockface try using an official Fitbit one for a few days to see how your watch behaves. 

Let me know how it goes!

My versa started to not be able to sync with the phone about 2-3 days ago.  I've done all these suggestions and the phone finds the versa and starts to update it.  After it sends the 4 digit number the pairing fails.  I am unable to detect the versa again until I reboot it by holding the left and bottom right button.  I'm at a loss as what to do, I've only had this device for a month and this is already becoming frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do everything in this post when my Versa stops syncing but recently have had to resort to factory reset as I have the same issue as Getty in that I get frozen at code screen. After a reset Veras seems to behave at least semi ok for a while. It does sync just only periodically not every time. This is different behaviour to my husband’s with his iPhone SE (I have 7) and when my Versa goes wonky again it will not sync with anything (I try with PC at this point). I have been told by support there is an issue with iOS but I am not certain with mine as it seems more widespread,

Best Answer
0 Votes
What you Fitbit moderators are not comprehending when you send these replies to our concerns is this…you say the same thing each time and we have all tried this over and over again with no luck! If it works for a day or two, then the next day it doesn’t sync! I wonder if you actually read our concerns because if you did, you would see how frustrated we all are and the fix you recommend DOES NOT work! I am beginning to think there is not a real person behind those “moderator” messages! If you read even a few of them you would realize that there is a HUGE problem with the Versa that Fitbit is not addressing! I have not communicated my concerns with anyone other than this Fitbit forum, but if we all go on social media to complain I’ll bet someone will pay attention! Not saying I’m ready to do that, but somebody at the company really needs to look into this issue! I’d bet others are thinking this and I’m just the one to spout off about it!!
Alivia 49
Best Answer

I would assume an issue as big as this hasn't gone unnoticed and they're likely working on a fix for it, but in the mean time, the mods of this forum were told to reply with the generic "here's what you can do to try to fix it" messages and not say that they're working on a fix.

Potentially it's a tough issue that concerns more than just Fitbit and they have no estimate on when they can get this fixed. So if we know they're actively working on it, then we'll expect it to be fixed asap, and the longer it goes without fixing, the more antsy and angry we'll get.

That's of course if they keep with their whole "completely opaque, 0 transparency strategy" which I never understood why companies (gaming/tech companies specifically) do this, instead of just communicating with their consumers.

We'd all probably appreciate that much more than the silence we are currently getting regarding this super annoying issue. Cus at this point, everyone is already angry/annoyed that the main feature of thing we paid for just doesn't work, and, from what we can tell with the silence and the mod's replies, this just won't get fixed. 

Best Answer