Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I can comment on something that has been letting me sync pretty consistently over the last 4-5 days after it being extremely flaky for the week before (starting with when I bought the Versa).

So, right now, I can only consistently sync on my Samsung S8+.  I have a surface tablet with bluetooth, and a PC with a fitbit bluetooth dongle (from my old fitbit one).  Neither of those computers can reliably sync, not at all actually, both just fail forever now, but my S8+ seems to consistently sync now.

What I did was turn off the all-day sync on my S8+ and the computers, and keep the applications turned off on my computers whenever I'm not using them to look at stats.  So, basically reducing the amount of things that try to talk to the versa to my phone, and even that, make it try as little as possible with all-day sync off.  I'm thinking maybe the Versa just couldn't handle being queried so much, and maybe the windows application has issues still talking to the versa, while the phone app is more reliable.

Obviously a fix is needed still, maybe in multiple places (versa software, PC/app software), but doing the above has worked well for me for some time now.  Or maybe I just have the device in a lucky state that could go away with a reboot.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

All day sync is off and Bluetooth on PC is turned off at moment and I still have a horrendously flaky sync. Support are trying to tell me Versa is syncing fine as I do get an occasional successful one but often 14-16 hours after the last one and after 20-30 attempts. My husband's on the other hand rarely fails so I reckon I have a defective Versa. Support are trying to say it is a problem with the app in iOS but I have tried with Windows 10 as well. Not happy .... had the rare occasional sync on previous Alta HR and Alta. I love the Versa functionality so putting up with it for now but am getting frustrated and getting close to calling it out on social media.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To all the Versa owners out there , my posts have all been removed by Fitbit , who have also deleted most of the threads that are all saying the exact same thing. OUR VERSA’S ARE NOT WORKING. They are just an expensive pedometer . Fitbit should be recalling them all, refunding everyone, and not returning them to the market until they get it right this time . Instead of clocking up our steps we are all spending hours rebooting , resetting , following endless fixes to try and sync our Fitbit’s. The suggestions made by several owners have all been removed by Versa as will this post of mine that have included petitions , recalls, social media, office of fair trading etc. FITBIT you are a multi million dollar company do the right thing, this is the worst thing you could possibly do , deny there is a problem and instead blame your loyal customers that it’s either their phones , laptops, or user error and repeat the same remedy’s that are not working . When every user returns their versas and no new ones are purchased that may force your hand . You can delete this post again FITBIT but you can’t stop word of mouth or social media .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I would like to know how to send mine back
Best Answer

Over 300 posts and over 30K views on this issue of not syncing... obviously a BIG issue Fitbit needs to fix. I have a Charge 2 which has NEVER had a sync issue...ever... I bought a Versa for the extra functionality and the fact that you can read the display outside in the sunlight...something you cannot do with the Charge 2. My Versa worked fine for 2 days with my Samsung Galaxy S8.. no issues...THEN, on the third day I began to have sync issues... I either got the message in the Fitbit Android app that said "Sync error, try again" or... I would get an error message on the phone saying there was a Bluetooth issue with the Fitbit device and to restart Bluetooth. Restarting the Versa would fix the sync problem for a while, but then it would re-appear. I contacted Support and they tried to blame it on my Galaxy S8... I said... the phone is listed as a compatible device... he said it was a known Bluetooth issue with Samsung phones.... and there WAS a Bluetooth issue with Samsung phones connecting to bluetooth speakers.... WHICH WAS FIXED IN 2017!  I am wondering though if it could be an issue with multiple Bluetooth sources being available... I have Bluetooth and the Fitbit Android app on my phone.. I also have the Fitbit App on my Windows 10 PC which has both WIFI and Bluetooth??

I don't know if we will ever find out because the forum moderators just keep giving us the same things to try (restart this, uninstall and reinstall that... use a compatible device..try another device).  SO... in the meantime, I returned my Versa to BestBuy and will keep an eye on the forums until there appears to be a solution...

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and the only thing that I can do is restart the phone, every day... I tried all the solutions that the Fitbit team has proposed to me but nothing can help, only restart the phone

Best Answer
I think you are right with the issue being with multiple Bluetooth sources
being available....I deleted my Uconnect (car Bluetooth) and all of a
sudden my fitbit versa syncd. I wrote on this forum my solution and it was
deleted by the moderator.
Best Answer

Hello Margo, this solution has worked for me, thank you.  But from what i have read, obviously concerned that I'm going to have to keep on doing the process every couple of days.  Lets hold thumbs not the case.

Best Answer

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I am glad to see here that the syncing issue was resolved for some of you. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Now for the ones that still having syncing problems, I would like to know if you have checked the Why won't my Fitbit device sync? help article? If you haven't, try the instructions provide there. Also, can you tell me which device are you using to sync your watch?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I am still having issues syncing my fitbit versa to my phone. I have a
Huawei Nova 2i. I would love to know when this will be made compatible or
if there is anything else I can do. It was fine for about a month, then it
started not syncing.

Regards

Nicki
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same problem with my Versa. The solution for me is to sign out of the FitBit app and sign back in the app.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same syncing issue as many of you (setup ok and then would not sync after two days even after multiple factory resets). I finally was able to fix my Versa. I don’t know if this will help anyone, but I believe the problem was related to other apps in the Fitbit app. I had set my phone up to sync with pandora. Even when I removed pandora from the Fitbit app and did a factory reset of the versa, I happened to see for a split second that it was trying to sync with pandora (which was strange given I did a full factory reset). I removed all Fitbit associated apps on my phone (not simply deleted out of the Fitbit app but actually uninstalled pandora). When I had all apps linked with the versa removed from both the Fitbit app and from my phone, and then did a factory reset for the millionth time, it synced without issues. I think the versa gets buggy when it competes with another Fitbit or when it tries and sync with anything other than the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Lucky you. I have struggled for almost three weeks with support for the same reason, but still they haven’t suggested that I should return my Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and returned it because it’s ridiculous how it doesn’t sink and they’re selling it. I returned it to the place that I bought it not to fitbit

Best Answer

I'll be doing the same this week since I finally found the box and receipt. I'm fed up of talking to an unhelpful customer service and trying fixes that either don't work or last only a day or two. I don't think Fitbit understand life still has to happen in between dealing with their flawed expensive product. I will however find time to leave feedback to any rating site/reviewer that will allow me, I think it highly unacceptable to have such a bad customer experience.

Best Answer

I just got the Versa and it will not sync properly either. I came online looking for help. I have done everything everyone has done. Mine is on all day sync and that is not helping either. What is the answer now...this thread response was from  April and its June now so im guessing this has been corrected I'm just not finding it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the matter has not been solved. Many are still having syncing issues and have returned their devices. Fitbit is claiming its "operator error" without saying it, as there has not been any solutions that have worked. Many are saying they think it ts the fitbit app on our phones that is the issue. Some have taken to social media like the fitbit face book page to voice their disappointment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. I understand the decision some of you have taken to return the Versa, we're sad to see you go. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and at this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further as you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described on this thread:

• Name of the phone you're currently using to sync.
  • Have you synced with two or more devices in the past?
  • OS version currently running on your phone.
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Those of you who have a case already created, our Support Team will continue working with you to provide you more options, please reply to their latest message to continue the assistance. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am using a ZTE Warp Elite to sync, my FitBit .  I have used the Zip and the FitBit Flex 2 on my phone to sync and they worked fine. And I have the newest version of the app on my phone. I usually get it to sync when a little notification pops up and says restart bluetooth. But when I automatically restart bluetooth it does not work. Without the notification pooping up on the app, my Versa usually won't sync when I try to sync it.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes
To answer your questions:
1. I use an iPad iOS version 11.4
2.App version is 32.10.15
3.Case # 25209013
Alivia 49
Best Answer
0 Votes