Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710
I'm completely agree with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I have tried everything in previous post my fit bit versa has not synced since yesterday since it completed the lastest update and now since I have forgot the device on bluetooth it wont recognise it again, seeking help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day

I received 2 versa on Thursday one for me and one for my husband, both of our versa's doesn't want to sync to our phones, we have tried everything. I am very unhappy with this, our all day sync is already activated on our phones it still doesn't work. I have also struggled for about half a day to install my versa on my account. Hope you can help me!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Versa on a Saturday set up was easy enough worked fine Sunday. Woke up Monday and it wouldnt sync, tried a few times nothing. Removed the Versa from the my app, couldn't get it to pair again all day. Talked to Support had to reset the watch finally paired and synced. Woke up Tuesday and won't sync again. Went to the gym started the weights exercise and it wouldn't stay on, kept disconnecting, on the 3rd time of starting my exercise I seen the watch totally restarted. Watch still won't sync, clock face wont keep changes, and no signs of my exercise on the watch or app, no sleep syncing. It has to be the app or the firmware and it needs to be fixed ASAP. This is ridiculous that we pay this much money only to be met with all these problems, and these moderators offer nothing but the same fixes of restarting or resetting. You guys should at least tell us you are looking into the problem and coming up with a solution of an app fix or firmware fix. Obviously the restart or reset is not the solution if we are having to do it on a daily basis. 

Best Answer

I agree it is the firmware issue. Just received an update notice on my fitbit app and is currently syncing with the watch. Hope this solves the problem. Otherwise going to  Garmin.

Best Answer
Good luck! Mine seems to be working now, after many, many starts and stops!! I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!! I’m with you, though, and if Fitbit can’t come up with a fix I’m outa here!
Best Answer

It’s driving me crazy my Versa hasn’t worked properly for days! Does anyone know What the update that should be coming through and how will I know my has been updated? If that doesn’t work then it’s going back!

Best Answer
Mine just updated. My Fitbit app alerted me. I had to put it in the charge4 and give permission so it won’t just happen. Will let you all know. So far, so good.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@FrancesRH91 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your Versa not syncing with your phone. Thank you for trying several of the recommended troubleshoots. I would like to know which phone do you have? Is it compatible? I suggest you go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices there (not only the Versa), restart your phone again and your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Do not re-add your Versa to the bluetooth but open the Fitbit app to start a sync and see if this works for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Mine's not syncing today now 😞 it was fine with syncing since I got it and now nothing! been trying all day! UGH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, I had all sorts of syncing issues untill I did the following:

- clear the cache in the bluetooth app (in settings - apps ...)

- remove the watch from the app
- restart both phone and watch

- add the watch to the app again.

Its has been 2 days with no issues after that...
PS I have an "unsupported phone" HTC 10 Android 8
Hope it helps you guys 🙂

Best Answer

I feel the same way about my charge 2. I have had the versa less than 24 hours and have had more problems with it than i did in almost 2 years with my charge 2. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Alvaro, this seems to have done the trick for the time being at least.

Best Answer

I've followed all steps provided on syncing issues and the last try was deleting the device (versa) and reinstalling, now it won't let me reinstall it, it gives me and error message - which I screen shot stating Bluetooth issues and when I push either of the buttons neither works, so I now have nothing!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also had that problem, then I did a factory reset, that seemed to be the
answer for reinstalling, my fitbit synced wonderfully since yesterday, but
for the last 4 hours no syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine!, although a weird thing is I have just read that fitbits are not compatible with my phone, which is odd because its been working fine for almost 3 weeks up until a couple of days ago.... My phone is a Huawei Nova 2i, should I be taking the fitbit back to the store and switching to a compatible brand?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FrancesRH91 happy to hear that this worked for you and thank you so much for letting me know as this information may help other members in the same situation.

Happy stepping!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I tried to weeks to get my versa to sync correctly and it still didn’t so I returned it. It was it to frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried for two weeks to get my wersa to sync it would sink and then it would stop it never recorded my sleep so after so much frustration I returned it and went back to my fit bit Alta which works perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the syncing issues you all are experiencing and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this.

If you keep having this inconvenience, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and following the instructions provided there. Maybe there's a step you haven't tried yet.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer