Increase or customize hourly activity goal from 250 steps/hour

It would be really cool to have the option to increase the reminder to move minimum count.  Currently, the reminder to move is set to 250 and I would really like the option of raising that number as my activity increases.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

345 Comments
Logan.14.mac
Stepping Up

I would love this! Mabye you could even set an algorithm to show how many steps you need each hour to reach your goal, based on the amount of hours selected.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to suggest the option to be able to set the step reminder higher than 250 steps. 

I KNOW I do not move enough and 250 steps is ok but on a 10 hour day that's only 2500 steps. It would be nice to have the option to set that higher to 300 or 400 or 500 - just to get me moving more! 🙂

Thanks.

Judie

sjestill
Stepping Up

Would be very helpful if eventually, the hourly activity goal could be changed based on day of the week.....for example, I work 6am-2pm M-F, but I certainly don't wake up that early on weekends 😉 I know you can have the reminders to move be turned off for certain days, but I'd still like to do them on different days for different time periods and not have to change the entire setting all the time.

Thank you 🙂

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Agreed. I often don't achieve my hourly goals on the weekend. 

wrsmith1949
First Steps

Yes . . . please engineer this change. I want to work with my Blaze to manage my fitness and my days, not to be managed by it. It is frustrating on Sunday to sit in church and know I cannot make my activity goals for that hour. 

deejayellie
Base Runner

Whilst I love the 250 steps per hour reminder in my blaze, I'd love to be able to have the option to change my goal to 500 or 1000 steps (or any other number) per hour if this was possible.

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

We definitely should have the option to increase past 250 steps. If we want to challenge ourselves more, then why restrict us?

CRETY1
Base Runner

I like the hourly activity goal feature, however, I would like to be able to change the time based on my schedule or how I would like the data to reflect if possible. It is now set up for only 14 hours only and there is no way to adjust how many steps to take during that hour outside of the 250.

I would like to be able to select over 14 hours and be able to adjust the steps (ex: from 250 to 500, etc).

Thanks,

lieutenantswife
First Steps

I specifically searched to see if this was an option and see there is already a forum for it.  Yes I love the idea.  It is a motivator for me.  Please initiate this option. 

lalitha.mareddy
First Steps

Customizing reminder to move feature will be very very helpful. why restrict number of steps to only 250. We should be able to change number of steps and also the duration to 30 mins instead 1 hr. 

duckytn
First Steps

I would also like to see expanded functionality of the activity goal. I work graveyard from 7P to 7A. At this time, your activity goals can not extend past midnight. As such, I can only have it from 7P until midnight or midnight until 7A. I would love to be able to set my goal hours to be 7P till 7A. 

I would see two possible solutions to this. You could remove the restriction on scheduling past midnight or you could allow multiple programs.

Hope to see this in a future update!

Cheers!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your Fitbit should have been giving you a ten minute warning, not seven minutes. 

Cubedgirl
Jogger

I absolutely love this idea. I would like to see it adjust to the steps needed per hour to reach my goal. I feel like it will help reach my goal easier as well. I support this idea and would like it much better. 

Quakenxt
Jogger

I came here to suggest the same!

Quakenxt
Jogger

I suggest you add more labels because not only blaze owners could benefit from this feature.

Quakenxt
Jogger

Add more labels, please so more people can vote it!

lfields19
Recovery Runner

Yes! Being stuck with the 250 an hour goal stinks! This seems like a pretty easy change. 

Curranca
First Steps

It would be really helpful to be able to change the number of steps per hour for those of us that have limitations!

so discouraging to not see the progress I am making. 

velocity
Jogger

I'd like to be able to get a reminder to walk more than 250 steps an hour. (And I'm sure some people would like a reminder to walk fewer.) I find the reminder very motivating. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to be able to increase my hourly steps from 250 to something else. I am a hair dresser and stand in one place a lot so the hourly reminders are nice but itd be awesome if i could set it to 500 or even 1000 as a reminder to go. 

Mali101
Recovery Runner

Definitely add more labels please, I'd really like this to become a feature. I was about to create the suggestion for the Charge 2 but then saw this one. Please add it to the Charge 2 as well!

Mali101
Recovery Runner

Ability to change the number of steps you want to reach in your hourly step goal would be much appreciated. I'd like to up mine to challenge myself more but the option isn't available. 

obsessedfit
Recovery Runner

Hi,

I need  the feature in fitbit charge 2 where I can customize no of steps per hour.

right now it is 250. I want to customize it to make it 500 or whatever I may want to. Can you please add this feature?

JeffRitchie113
First Steps

I usually get up earlier during the week than I do on the weekends. Occasionally I will miss my first hour of steps on the weekends because I'm not out of bed yet. It would be nice to be able to set each day individually to meet my schedule.

Tmartinu
First Steps

I agree, it would be really nice to be able to change the number of steps per hour. In daytime I would increase to say 400 while in the evening 250 is fine. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.