More Challenges and Adventures

I would love to have a challenge where people's goal is to win their next stepping badge.I thing that would really make people move!

Sara B.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

461 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Scaramush94
First Steps
I’ve even messaged on Facebook and no reply. Poor sportsmanship on their
half
AmyLynnH
Jogger

Are there any plans to add new Adventures?  I really enjoy this feature.  It’s the next best thing to actually being there.  It’s a great motivator for solo adventures as well as group challenges.  I just wish there were more than 6 to choose from, especially National Park trails.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Interesting their twitter social teams points you to here to suggest ideas and no one responds or listens.  I wonder if fitbit is going the way of BlueApron?

DblGee
Tempo Runner

As with most companies the squeaky wheel gets the update.  If you consider the total number of Fitbit users compared to a suggestion <even a great one like this> that was posted in 2014 and still only has less than 700 votes. If it was a suggestion posted within the last 12 months and had nearly 7000 votes it would have their attention.  Another reason something like this is probably not very high up on the Fitbit list is because there are a lot of other Apps out there offering this experience <which may be another reason the Vote count isn't all that high>.  Take Virtual Walk for example.  This gives you a LOT more adventures than Fit Bit and you can even tell the App if you are doing your steps by walking or treadmill.  This App even has the Appalachian Trail on it.   If Fitbit was really going to expand something like this, I think the way for them to go would be to Partner with another Brand that already has the infrastructure

@2VM49Nwrote:

I would love to have a challenge where people's goal is to win their next stepping badge.I thing that would really make people move!

Sara B.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

So true!!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Looking for another device... fitbit is not engaging with its customers

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
MetalSam
Jogger

I would suggest daily stairs challenges, both as a Fitbit comunity wide thing and a challenge you can launch among friends.

While we are at it, why do the badges stop at 175 flights?  I got to 225 one hiking trip and was most disapointed, I was expecting more badges, got the 175, thats it.

cvoeste
Recovery Runner

Someday Fitbit might listen to us and provide us with additional challenges and adventures.  It can't be that hard to develop them!!!! 

Dutchie1972
Recovery Runner

I totally agree, Fitbit this is what makes your tracker different, don’t be like the competition! With the adventures we learn about health and other places in the world, this is amazing! The amount you have had for 2 years now is a bit disappointing 

pclark58
First Steps
It appears that our inquiries are not important even though it's our money
that affords Fitbit ability to even be in existence. Maybe if we stop
pouring our money into them, we may then get a response.

Pat Clark
Russell0120
Recovery Runner

Here is some source materials for more adventure challenges from real life.

http://m.escapehere.com/inspiration/10-destination-races-worth-the-trip/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=g...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was looking at the Solo Adventures on the app again today. Funny that the copy reads, "Explore new and exciting destinations by working toward a different goal each day." I've had my Fitbit 14 months, and the adventures are no longer new or exciting. And they certainly aren't different each day. 

beastymilburn
First Steps

Would love to see the Yorkshire three peaks and the National 3 peaks added to the challenges. That would be amazing. 

Cantoons
Keeping Pace

Yes, Please!!!  While I track my steps and certainly want to set goals and reach them in that regard, that is not my only goal or objective for using a Fitbit.  My main objective is just to move more in general - i.e., number of days I exercise per week and number of active minutes.  I agree with previous posters, I would LOVE to see challenges available for all of the various things Fitbit tracks - days of exercise, floors, miles, minutes of activity, meeting daily water intake goals, etc.  Fitbit isn't only about number of steps, so let's have the ability to challenge, motivate, and encourage each other in all the other areas as well.

When the only challenges I can participate in are number of steps and I lose the challenge every time -- even though I know I've had a GREAT week because I worked out 30-60 minutes 5 days that week but 3 of those days were strength training so step count was lower -- well, it is discouraging. Not all of us run 10 miles a day, but that certainly doesn't mean we don't get in just as much of a workout some other way.

We all love a little positive reinforcement rather than being told our hard work doesn't count because it wasn't the "right" kind of work.

I have seen several threads making similar suggestions regarding the wish for new challenges & adventures and some of those threads go back YEARS. Does not appear that the powers that be are listening Smiley Mad  But, I will keep asking and continue to vote for each of the threads I come across.  Challenges based only on step count and the same handful of adventures has gotten extremely boring and I only discovered them a few months ago!  Not sure why Fitbit expects anyone to want to continue doing the same challenge or adventure over and over again for years - ugh!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

More individual challenges through parks across countries, states, anything just add more

Onmyway43
First Steps

Reading all the comments it’s clear that your customers would like some new challenges. Looks like it’s been years now at least since 2015 that there has been any new development with challenges. One. An walk Yosemite or NY only so often. It gets repetitive and boring. Your Fitbit community needs encouragement not boredom. Can you please let us know if there is anything in the works? Please respond to your customers. Thank you!

Russell0120
Recovery Runner

It's the lack of response and action on something like this that really makes me wonder why I still use my fitbit...

If someone at Fitbit could actually chime in on this that would he great. If there are plans to expend on them great, if there is no plans on expansion on the challenges, fine... But please, a response would be nice start.

Onmyway43
First Steps
Totally agree. They better watch out or the customer base is looking at other products. Not because of challenges they have or don’t have but because of the lack of respect for people who ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone
jgarlits
Jogger

They're spending money creating paid coaching sessions and health insights and stuff like that. They're ignoring the group challenges...they haven't changed since they were introduced. And you're right, they don't respond here. They're not good at customer engagement at all. Anyone who knows anything about customer engagement and customer RETENTION, knows that you have to respond intelligently in forums. Not doing so is like not returning a customer's phone call, or pushing them out onto the street if you owned a brick and mortar, telling them "ain't got time for you."

DblGee
Tempo Runner

There are a "lot" of free apps "out there" that may not offer Fitbit Badges but "do" offer walking adventures.  Virtual Walk even offers hiking the Appalachian Trail.  There are a few paid walks but they are like .99 cents as I recall.  It is a lot more visual than the ones Fitbit offered and you can log your steps as physical steps or treadmill. 

ashwolve
Interval Runner

Yes I would love to see more challenges  / trials I.E  there are lots of nice walks / safari's and landmarks you could use like walk the Great wall of china or an African Safari or Lands End to John of Groats even the Lake District (UK) or the London Marathon (infact all the world marathons) , the coastline of specific countries - the ideas are endless and agree no time limit so effectively the same as the NYM or Yosemite Trails, So in effect by each challenge you do you could practically walk the world - you could also have a globe with the challenge points on that change colour as you complete them or in map form for use with apps. most could be achieved with a good relationship with Google maps / Google Earth.

LynnDillabough
First Steps
Love this idea I don’t know what the problem is

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Amypipper
Jogger

I would love a swimming challenge to be added

LynnDillabough
First Steps
I agree a swimming challenge would be awesome

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.