Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
phoenixrising09
First Steps
Absolutely on board with this! Even if our fitbits were able to do nothing more than hatch our eggs it'd be wonderful.
KravDaddy2
Jogger
It's a great idea and it would get my kids using their long forgotten fitbits again. The Pokemon servers were down again this afternoon and I lost several kilometers for hatching my eggs.
Please make it so!
Evldude
First Steps

No way, I just tweeted this too.  I would love it to at least let my steps count to hatch eggs which could save on my phone's battery & taking valuable server connection space.  It would be so sweet.

Hembree
First Steps
Linking fitbit and Pokémon app would be great. Please make this happen soon.
Hembree
First Steps
Pokémon and fitbit
Hthiel
First Steps
Yes please
JFesunoff
First Steps
Fitbit is missing a great opportunity here to not only help current customers but also attract new ones to the Fitbit family. I have heard that the Pokemon Go may have its own wristband device to aid in the game. This is where Fitbit should be partnering with Nintendo with the ideas above from its user base to expand their market reach. I've seen the posting for the Director of Wearable Products at Fitbit. Maybe the lack of a leader in this area is this area has delayed action. I hope Fitbit hires someone soon. I've submitted my resume but it is a black hole of not getting any response either way. I would love to see Fitbit do greater partnerships in this area because we can expect more games in this genre to be coming out soon.
Jake0913
Jogger
I agree. Should be simple enough.
AKGarner
First Steps
I tweeted at Fitbit and Pokémon GO about this very idea; love that they redirected me to this page and are encouraging of this!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would even settle for a feed of information from one to the other. I can't hatch an egg in Pokemon without having the app open, but my phone's battery isn't always capable of running both apps at once. If I could feed my runs from Fitbit into Pokemon, or steps/distance walked from Pokemon to Fitbit, it would be really nice.

Thanks!

Halebird14
First Steps
I think Fitbit should work with Pokemon go to allow us to sync our data just like in other partner apps. After syncing with PokemonGo we would be able to get the distance on our eggs that we lost while the app was closed.
I also love the ideas about badges and rewards for reaching our step goals within the Pokemon app itself. I tweeted about this when the game first came out! It's awesome to see everyone on the same page! 🙂
nes80
First Steps

I would love to see this, too! I love my Fitbit, and it would be great if my activity was reflected in game without necessarily having my phone out all the time.

ZMike38
First Steps

I fell back in love with the Charge HR I received last christmas, thanks to Pokemon Go. I'm dying to see Fitbit/PoGO collaboration, especially for egg hatching! If there was a way to sync fitbit records to the game, we won't lose any more egg steps to those eternally pesky servers.

iLiveInZen
First Steps

I certainly second this notion.  There are so many great integration and collaboration opportunities here between FitBit and the Pokemon Go developers.  The game is an absolute hit, but to avoid becoming a passing fad... it needs to maintain lasting relevance!  Through the integration with Fitbit's vast user base, and built in tools attached to our wrists... Pokemon Go users would benefit and be encouraged to walk further each day to hatch new eggs, attain higher levels, and continue to have fun being healthy.  Imagine not only competing in daily weekly step challenges, but also battling Pokemon for our younger subscribers?  Furthermore, how neat would it be to allow the FitBit's built in gyroscopes to THROW pokeballs within the Augmented Reality gaming scene.  There are so many applications and uses for FitBit in general... but I see Nintendo greatly benefiting by teaming with FitBit directly to leverage the API, and further benefit society by keeping subscribers active!  

The Medical field has already realized a portion of the potential in teaming with FitBit.  Corporations are flocking to encourage their employeees, and lower health costs.

I also love how FitBit stands by their product... should the battery go out or there be a defect, they've always honored the integrity of the product and value their consumers!  Investors would be foolish to lose sight of those core values that ensure  retention and growth in subscribership, and profits shall only continue to soar.  So let's bring on the Nintendo partnership and take this to the next level!

Cuylerkin
First Steps
Please work on this! It would make exercise and playing so much better!
Mushers
First Steps
Oh my god. That would be perfect
teh_pwnage
First Steps

DOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTT

Joshbosh1
First Steps
I would love to be able to use my Fitbit Alta the same way the Pokemon Go Plus band works. I already bought my Alta, and don't need another wrist band. Also, I feel like Pokemon Go and Fitbit have a lot in common: fun ways to get exercise. I think that combining the two would be great, and not very difficult if Niantic and Fitbit worked something out!
Bodack
Jogger

Would definitely enjoy this at the very least for egg hatching.

Joshbosh1
First Steps
I think a FitBit is more than capable of this. The Go Plus only vibrates, lights up, and has a button. The fitbit does all except the button, but you could just tap instead. I think this could work!
Wolfey39
First Steps
Fantastic idea. Voted
ElenaBrodet1
First Steps
I just started wearing my Fitbit around my ankle by using a simple wire to connect the watch to my ankle because it doesn't quite fit all the way around by itself. I hope the Fitbit company will consider creating a pretty anklet type bracelet like the Fitbit to count your steps more accurately I think many women would be interested in this product I know I would. I am so surprised by how many people also had the same idea. I hope the Fitbit company is listening and will create a product like that soon. I have lost many steps accounted for by pushing my stroller around or a grocery cart at the store and there is no way to add steps to the tracker at home on my computer or iPad. Also please add a feature where you can add steps to your Fitbit tracker on the computer if for some reason you forgot to wear your wrist watch Origin account for all the steps that day.
mandaleigh92
First Steps

I also just tweeted about this! While all the incentives and goal integration would be great, even just step integration that counts toward your distance for hatching your eggs/getting medals would be a hugely useful feature. 

Robarion
First Steps
I walk more than 5 miles (8km) a day but it's indoors so almost none of it counts towards hatching eggs. The Fitbit integration would be perfect.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.