Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Sense ECG app in Australia?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, to my understanding we dont have access to ecg here in australia, does anyone know how to trick the fitbit into thinking its in a different country so i can download it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

I'll be interested in the response. 

BTW even apple released their watches, with ECG and SpO2 hardware, but without either being activated. 

Best Answer
Response most unsatisfactory - Fitbit 'doesn't lobby governments'; states
watch ECG is 'a medical device', basically nothing they can do. I've
contacted the point of sale and advised them of this issue, which is a form
of false advertising apropos the ECG feature is promoted despite not able
to be activated in Australia. I have also contacted Choice (a consumer
watchdog and advocacy organization in Australia). I'm awaiting their
response.
Frankly, I feel cheated and disappointed. Thx for the info on Apple.
Clearly these organizations rely on caveat emptor.
Best Answer
I agree with you it should be removed and we should be reembursed in some way

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I did get a response from the shop from where I bought the watch. They were
unapologetic and didn't respond to any of the points I raised such as not
stocking the Sense model or at least advise staff to warn customers that
the ECG component is not available. I had hoped that they might have
offered a refund. Nothing. So disappointing.
Best Answer
Thank you for your post. I totally agree. The misleading stand out text on the front of the box is 'HEALTH WATCH + ECG' and on the side a heart emoji. So disappointing. I still feel really let down and ripped off. I contacted Choice and am still waiting for a response. The seller (Office Works) basically took stand of caveat emptor. Another misleading feature is the advertised battery life. On the box it states 'up to 6 day battery life'. The reality 3-4 days even with shutting the watch down at night and not running main power draining features. My old Fitbit versa was better, but the strap was hopeless - first two broke, last one - well resulted in watch just dropping off somewhere and lost. The strap on Sense has also dropped off once. I guess if this is the worst thing that happens to us during COVID, we are doing well. Stay safe.Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

This product, like the Apple watch was released may months before the ECG was available in any country. It was 6 months for America. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your email. Disappointing to see others in other countries
having the same experience.
Best Answer

Whilst I understand this and respect your opinion. My opinion is myself and many others have purchased this item solely based on the ECG feature, which when purchased, we thought we were getting from the features labelled on the box. I purchased my car based on its safety features. Had the dealership told me the safety features weren’t available in the car yet but it would still get me from A to B, I wouldn’t have purchased it as this was my main reason for choosing that brand. This is the same with the Fitbit. I am very confident regardless of what happened where, this would still be a breach of consumer law, especially here in Australia. Whilst Apple have now had theirs approved here in Australia, Fitbit can’t even tell users if it’s in the pipeline and if and when it may be available. 

Best Answer
Agree. Thank you for articulating 'the case' so well.
Best Answer

It's the reason I bought it as well, having a minor heart condition AND exercising i figured it was going to be the smart watch for me, it SHOULD have been written on the box at point of sale that it's not available to Australian users. 

Best Answer

I couldnt agree more, and the "watch this space" replies from Fitbit aren't encouraging whatsoever.  What happens if it NEVER becomes available what happens then ? 

Best Answer
Agree. What's made this situation worse is that it seems there is no where we can go to have the matter redressed. Very poor consumer/customer serviceSent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
Yes. I've wondered that too. I'm not holding my breath for a just and fair response. A refund would be appropriate and appreciated.Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
Unfortunately I've exhausted my options. Just hope the watch lasts...Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
Good grief! Is this true???Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

an easy solution would be to include it, and NOT market it as a medical device and then when it's approved simply notify everyone that it's now certified

Best Answer
Agree! But there seems to be reluctance to taking this aporoach. I suggested this to point of sale...the suggestion was basically ignored in their customer service responseSent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
Fingers crossed we get a response.Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 edge on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

The best place to get a response from fitbit is to reach out to fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
This option has been tried. The response from FITBIT was wholly
unsatisfactory ... basically there was 'nothing they could do': they did
not lobby governments for the approval of their products; moreover, since
the ECG feature rendered the watch a 'medical device', it had to be
approved by the TGA something over which they had no control. Bottom line
advice: keep following our 'update advice' for news of if/when ECG feature
will be available in Australia.
Best Answer