Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update 12/29/2020: Thanks everyone for your participation in this thread. The majority of Sense users have reported successfully updating to OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17). If you are experiencing any issues, check out the the main post for best practice on updating your device.

Thanks again for all the great feedback we have received on this release.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
317 REPLIES 317

hi,

just got an update and email saying that google Assistant is available but I can’t find the icon to download. Unlike Alexa.

Secondly, I just got my sense last week, if I have some faulty how and where can I send it to? I just got a receipt only.

Thirdly, this latest update also said received call and reply sms or WhatsApp, can somebody tell me how to operate?

also, may I know Fitbit pay is available in Malaysia? 

lastly, I am having difficulties in operating the Fitbit apps. Example, I workout for my abs only, but I cannot find any abs program or any type of workout that can calculate my breathing or calories. Is there anywhere to check on user guide which I can learn how to utilize fully?

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense can't monitor abs training, it can't even do other basics like pullup and pushup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you searched Google assistant in the settings section ? Maybe it is there. Can you tell us your firmware version? I don't have any update notifications 😥

-----------------------------------

Is the speaker working after the update????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.34.1 (20243542). Couldn’t find it in settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

is really unbelievable... speechless 

Best Answer

tried a few requests in Alexa, it’s working 

Best Answer

that's the app version. not the sense's firmware version. are you sure you also got a firmware update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

About your last question, if you asking about structured workouts I don't think Fitbit devices support that. If you are asking about specific activity types then usually, if something doesn't exist then you pick "Workout" and at the end rename it to whatever you want. Fitbit's exercise tracking is very simple and it comes down to basic functions only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

#t.parker, yes, this is what I do, I normally set it as workout, but weird is that I can find videos on the apps itself such as planks, bicycle kick, knee raises and so on. During my workout session I can’t find anything in my watch except like running, golfing, yoga and so on. That why I need to know where to learn and master the app and the watch functionality. Plus, eda, heart rate, what i gonna do after checking all these? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shax88 first you should go to the user manual then:

https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_sense_en_US.pdf

it should explain a lot about how to use your watch. As far as I am aware, only a handful of exercise types can be tracked from the watch (I think Sense, unlike older models, has all of them already added to the list in the Exercise app - please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

To find out more you may look for YouTube tutorials and guides as there are plenty available.

Best Answer

I have trouble thinking such an update exists. I'm really doubting Fitbit is ever going to issue any needed updates for the sense.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Wow, this would be fantastic!!! Hope I get it soon. Is there any way to force an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone see it yet?  The Android app hasn't been updated since the 16th, and tehre's no update indicators in the app itself.

Best Answer

my app updated today.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay, I'm excited! Firmware updates can take days (sometimes weeks) to deploy to everyone. A slow rollout allows the software deplorer to catch any unexpected issues before everyone has the update and also puts less strain on the deployment server. It's pretty much how most software updates are rolled out. There is unfortunately no way to force the update. We'll just have to be patient (while obsessively checking the app every hour. 😛 )

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

I also got an Android app update, actually a banner popped up asking me to update the app so that it's ready for new features. I actually thought it was the FW update at first as it was a similar banner. 

I agree this looks like a good update. I'm glad that we will no longer need to use a clock face for spO2 measuring, and also glad that the speaker is finally being put to use.

Like any Fitbit update, I would expect this to roll out in a progressive manner over the next couple of weeks. All you can do is make sure that your app is fully updated and that your tracker syncs regularly. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Any news on:

1) Spotify offline playlist support or at the very least the ability to load your own music?

2) Fixing the numerous wi-fi connection issues reported?

3) SP02 integration into software that doesn’t require a specific clock face?

Best Answer